Question - A problem.. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question A problem..

Slinky

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If a titan eats a shifter to inherit their abilities, and, AND,
now I know normally titans don't have guts or whatever. BUT it's also
obvious shifters do though, since we see Rod's. But the problem is digesting
things take awhile, and the titan that ate the previous guy shifts back immediately.

So, what happens when he craps? Or is it exerted as steam when the titan returns
to being a human being, as Armin didnt show any weight gain after eating Bert.

downright

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Houston we have a problem :)

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If a titan eats a shifter to inherit their abilities, and, AND,
now I know normally titans don't have guts or whatever. BUT it's also
obvious shifters do though, since we see Rod's. But the problem is digesting
things take awhile, and the titan that ate the previous guy shifts back immediately.

So, what happens when he craps? Or is it exerted as steam when the titan returns
to being a human being, as Armin didnt show any weight gain after eating Bert.
Why would Armin have gained some weight...? It wasn't his human body that are Bert, it was the Titan's.

We've already been told that Titans don't crap, they just puke all the human remains in a ball-like state, kinda like a hairball.
So either the remains are left as the Titan evaporates, or they also burn along with the Titan's steam...

Either way I don't see how this is a problem since the shifter, at this point, has already lost his powers and is nothing more besides a corpse.

Slinky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Houston we have a problem :)
ion get it

Why would Armin have gained some weight...? It wasn't his human body that are Bert, it was the Titan's.

We've already been told that Titans don't crap, they just puke all the human remains in a ball-like state, kinda like a hairball.
So either the remains are left

as the Titan evaporates, or they also burn along with the Titan's steam...

Either way I don't see how this is a problem since the shifter, at this point, has already lost his powers and is nothing more besides a corpse.
B- same reason he gets the titan's shifter's abilities, unless it magically leaves the shifter's neck, or the titan
only takes that liquid. Armin also didn't puke up anything, AND we know titans have digestive systems. Aka
they may very well be putting what they eat, when they shift for the first time, inside their bodies, since when they do their titan
doesn't separate from them, it morphs with them.

U- I don't see how that really matters if they're already in the digestive system.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
AND we know titans have digestive systems.
No, they don't.

And anime, at 11:39mins:

Humans never stay in a Titan's organism, nor are they digested since there is no digestive system. Just the stomach where the remains remain until getting puked, so... not sure I understand what your point seems to be.

Whenever a Titan disappears, it disappears, and the contents that were in its stomach are either gone along with it or they stay behind, like those remains^. Armin didn't puke anything up, but you also didn't see if Bert's body was still there, did you? And it's a possibility. Otherwise, everything within the Titan's body disappears along with it.

Whenever Armin transforms again, it's gonna be a whole new body, it won't be the "old" one with the stuff still inside.

Slinky

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, they don't.

And anime, at 11:39mins:

Humans never stay in a Titan's organism, nor are they digested since there is no digestive system. Just the stomach where the remains remain until getting puked, so... not sure I understand what your point seems to be.

Whenever a Titan disappears, it disappears, and the contents that were in its stomach are either gone along with it or they stay behind, like those remains^. Armin didn't puke anything up, but you also didn't see if Bert's body was still there, did you? And it's a possibility. Otherwise, everything within the Titan's body disappears along with it.

Whenever Armin transforms again, it's gonna be a whole new body, it won't be the "old" one with the stuff still inside.
That's a scan of a Hanji inspecting a regular titan, we'll see next chapter papi.
I put me lyfe at mangahelpers on the line if we see his body ;)

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
That's not Hanji.. and titans really really don't poop..

kemor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Regular titans eat until they're full and then they puke everything out, only to eat more. The circle repeats itself. When a titan eats a shifte, a reaction occurs. Once they consume a shifter, their power gets transfered to the titan and it reverts back to its human form. Whether they shrink and change back to humans or discard their titan body and come out of the neck is unknown to me(im too lazy to reread Grisha's memories).

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
This makes me think of something else, did we ever saw any limbs from shifters evaporate? like when reiner/ymir/eren/berthold got his limbs cut off for any reason, it disapeared like it happens with titans? We know shifters regenerate just as titans do. If so, once berthold was eaten, he evaporated along with armin's titan.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yeah, he should have put that detail in the manga...
he's a lazy drawer, there aren't even any eyeballs in that picture

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This makes me think of something else, did we ever saw any limbs from shifters evaporate? like when reiner/ymir/eren/berthold got his limbs cut off for any reason, it disapeared like it happens with titans? We know shifters regenerate just as titans do. If so, once berthold was eaten, he evaporated along with armin's titan.
I don't think the body parts disappear, because of this:

His tooth didn't disappear so I guess it should be the same for everything else, right? I mean, when Titans die everything goes away, right? The bones don't stay behind, do they? Can't recall atm.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I have a serious question, i've started to read the manga page by page only these last two months.... i wanted to stay loyal to anime but... now i figured, things are not chronologically right, why did it say october in the last chapter? how long do i have to wait for next?

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I have a serious question, i've started to read the manga page by page only these last two months.... i wanted to stay loyal to anime but... now i figured, things are not chronologically right, why did it say october in the last chapter? how long do i have to wait for next?
SnK comes out every month.

October issue comes out in September.
November issue comes out in October.
December issue comes out in November, etc.

That's how the magazine words it, it's always been like that, but SnK comes out every single month, usually before the 10th day in every month the chapter should already be out, since the magazine is published, I believe, on the 8th or something.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
ok, issues are unimportant stuff, as long as i have my pictures
Domo Eigengrau

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
I don't think the body parts disappear, because of this:

His tooth didn't disappear so I guess it should be the same for everything else, right? I mean, when Titans die everything goes away, right? The bones don't stay behind, do they? Can't recall atm.
Yes, i also had my doubts about what i said because this:

So nevermind with that then :P

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yes, i also had my doubts about what i said because this:

So nevermind with that then :P
Well, to be fair,
at that time Grisha wasn't a shifter anymore since his powers were passed on to Eren, so it's not like he could regenerate/evaporate since his body no longer had the powers.

Right?

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Hmmm you're right...