A sketch of my comic characters | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A sketch of my comic characters

ClaFanN1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I made this sheet for reference, what you think? Do they look interesting or just plain crap? :3c

CptCog

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
They look pretty good!

hunterzero785

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
omg my sisters named Maria xD lol um, I think they all look interesting but could use some work like kuro Sato..idk why but he just scares me! lol he could be reference for a bad character? Id say Yukas the most interesting. ^_^ but thats just my opinion.

ClaFanN1

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Kuro Sato is the main villain, he plans to make his company number 1 in the world and will will crush anyone that steps on his way...
After being slapped by Aina Yama, he grows a visceral hate for the Yama family and wants to see them all dead, He manages to kill the whole family, or so he thinks...

Last edited:

hunterzero785

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
so he is the villain lol sounds pretty twisted. :D

Ohenoki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My opinion (and I am no real artist at all):

Kuro Sato - the eyes look off, sort of feminine

Father Scholtz - I feel he would look better with dark hair, the beard looks like it is dark, but his hair is light, so it is a strange contrast

no issues with the girls or Hiroshi Sato, they all seem fine, the sisters even look similar (I assume they are sisters, or are at least related)

Hiro Yama - the beard looks wrong for the face. It looks like the kind of beard a teenager grows when first trying to grow a beard, as we called it in school here "Bum Fluff". But his face looks older than that, like he is in his late 20's, mostly due to his eyes.

This is a manly beard!

ClaFanN1

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My opinion (and I am no real artist at all):

Kuro Sato - the eyes look off, sort of feminine

Father Scholtz - I feel he would look better with dark hair, the beard looks like it is dark, but his hair is light, so it is a strange contrast

no issues with the girls or Hiroshi Sato, they all seem fine, the sisters even look similar (I assume they are sisters, or are at least related)

Hiro Yama - the beard looks wrong for the face. It looks like the kind of beard a teenager grows when first trying to grow a beard, as we called it in school here "Bum Fluff". But his face looks older than that, like he is in his late 20's, mostly due to his eyes.

This is a manly beard!

- Regarding sato's eyes, I agree with you, need some work, at least on that angle.
- It's just a sketch, I didn't bore toning hairs, the majority of them are dark.
- If by sisters you're referring to Machi and Aina, no, they're mother and daughter, one is 17 and the other is 25 (I know, it's a bit complicated, but if you read the story you'll understand).
- I will have to disagree with you about the beard, Hiro is pretty the most rushed drawing I've did on that sheet, still, not every man uses a full beard, some may prefer a more refined version, also for the sake of making characters recognzable and unique I can't just go on putting a full beard of every man can I? :p

Thanks for your review.

Last edited:

ClaFanN1

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Omg, this is so old, I cant see the image I posted, but I think I know which one it is.
Guess a lot has been through and my characters make more sense today.
If I was going to comment that original image today, I would say it's 100% off :derp

I kind of gave up of comics, today I only do standalones for fun..

There was a funny change in one of the characters: Hiroshi Sato, originally he was a popular school boy waiting for the true love, I found that totally lame and made him a school playboy that conquers the girls for fun and then discards them, every girl he conquers adds to his achievements book, he bluntly shares his list on the social media, over the years all girls fall for his tricks, all but one...

Last edited: