Discussion - Acier Silva ***SPOILERS*** | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Acier Silva ***SPOILERS***

Dayeye

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
°Acier Silva°
Alias: Steel War Princess

BIO
Hi guys welcome to my first thread! Since I first started this series I've gravitated to the elegant and effective magic and battle style of Noelle Silva. Just to know that her mother was a prodigious warrior with a similar battle style really makes me sad we never got to meet this character, or at the least see some of her epic moments fleshed out in flashbacks.

With that intro out of the way, I want to get straight to my point. Thanks to the battle between Noelle/Mimosa/Lolo × Vanica/Megicula we now know Acier Silva gained a significant power boost after Vanica kidnapped a young child. It is highly likely that Acier received the curse that ultimately took her life in the ensuing battle.

This revelation left me and no doubt most of you with a burning desire to know "who is this child"? Though Tabata is no Horikoshi with the extent of his "no panel goes to waste" attitude, Tabata himself has purposely intertwined the lives and experiences of many of his characters in interesting ways. Particularly experiences that help characters grow. For example:

• Guache saving Grey from certain violation, causing Grey to become more independent, and ultimately bringing her back to Guache by joining the ranks of the Black Bulls.​
  • Yuno being left on the steps of a church in the outskirts of the Clover Kingdom, growing up humble, only to be reunited with his royal guard and discovering he is Spade Kingdom royalty.​
  • Julius looking out for Yami, inspiring Yami to embrace his uniqueness despite being an outcast, ultimately forming his own bad of misfits as a Captain.​
  • Julius looking out for William, inspiring him to aim for greatness despite being seen as defective (for his facial injuries), culminating in him becoming the Captain of the most prestigious squad in the Clover Kingdom.​
  • Mereoleona credits her battle prowess to training under the watchful eye of Acier Silva herself, who constantly gave her fits in training, despite Mereoleona being at an elemental advantage magic wise. Mereleona relates her respect for the Matriarch of the Silva Family to Noelle during their time at the volcanic hot springs.​
There are plenty more examples through out the series, but I'd be here all night without getting to my point. So, who is this mystery child who was abducted, and ultimately caused Acier to unlock UI? IMO there's a chance it may be Asta. Though the time line is a little clunky due to Acier's pregnancy with Noelle, Asta is a whole 13 months older than Noelle, which could explain how Acier went through this power up pre (or possibly in the early stages of her) pregnancy. Asta is also one of the only characters who's back story hasn't been revealed, and it would make sense for her (Noelle's) life to be intertwined with Asta's in some way since Tababta tends to do this with love interests in his series (Charolotte/Yami, Grey/Guache, Sol/Charolette xD ect.).

Go ahead and prove me wrong, this is meant to be a discussion. I want to hear all of your guys' wild theories and thoughts on mine. Maybe some could even expand on mine, who knows? It would be fun to get to the bottom of this together as a community. So what do you guys/gals think?

Last edited:

Flippo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Could've been Nozel though. In chapter 222, Dorothy says Nozel had to keep quiet about their mother's death to his siblings. This implies that only Nozel had personal knowledge of the curse incident among the siblings, which would make sense if he was the one who was actually kidnapped.

If so, seeing as Noelle and Nozel have a pretty good chance of being in the Spade invasion team, I wonder if they'll team up against Vanica and the real story would be revealed during the battle. And oh, Gordon's research into curse magic might factor into the battle against Vanica.

Dayeye

Reaction score
Country
United States
Could've been Nozel though. In chapter 222, Dorothy says Nozel had to keep quiet about their mother's death to his siblings. This implies that only Nozel had personal knowledge of the curse incident among the siblings, which would make sense if he was the one who was actually kidnapped.

If so, seeing as Noelle and Nozel have a pretty good chance of being in the Spade invasion team, I wonder if they'll team up against Vanica and the real story would be revealed during the battle. And oh, Gordon's research into curse magic might factor into the battle against Vanica.
I can definitely see where you're coming from your argument. It would make sense for a mother to gain a huge power boost for the sake of her child. It would mirrors real life phenomenon where women gain inhumane abilities in time of danger, specifically when their children are involved.

That said, for the sake of argument/defense of my theory, I'd like to say this. Nozel could be the only one who knows the details about Megicula because he's the oldest and had a decent level of maturity at a young age and his mother's trust. I forget the episode, but there is a scene where Nozel and Acier are speaking and Acier brings up the fact that her soñé inherited her Mercury magic and not his fathers Water magic. She goes on to say that Nozel will probably be a magic squad captain because of this alone. You don't have these conversations with just any kid, I think Acier was grooming Nozel from a young age and because of this she spoke to him as an adult. This would clarify why he understands the details of the curse and his need to keep Noelle safe.

Again I believe my theory has legs because of the way Tabata likes to intertwine the lives of love interests in his story. Not to mention we don't know anything about Asta's past. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, but rather just saying the information you presented does not debunk the theory. You could very well end up being right at the end of the day. Just have to play devils advocate for the sake of my theory.

For sure Nozel is going to take part in the Vanica fight, would be a huge mi step by Tabata if he doesn't. As you mentioned it would be the perfect moment for flashbacks and revelations. You couldn't write a better moment for this type of character development /world development. Gordon is definitely a wild card in all of this. I suspect there's a reason Tabata has kept him hidden up his sleeve this entire time.

Flippo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That said, for the sake of argument/defense of my theory, I'd like to say this. Nozel could be the only one who knows the details about Megicula because he's the oldest and had a decent level of maturity at a young age and his mother's trust. I forget the episode, but there is a scene where Nozel and Acier are speaking and Acier brings up the fact that her soñé inherited her Mercury magic and not his fathers Water magic. She goes on to say that Nozel will probably be a magic squad captain because of this alone. You don't have these conversations with just any kid, I think Acier was grooming Nozel from a young age and because of this she spoke to him as an adult. This would clarify why he understands the details of the curse and his need to keep Noelle safe.
The only problem I see with this reasoning is that I find it unlikely why anyone would willingly tell Nozel about the curse let alone his own mother. Anyone who learned about the curse and told others about it were themselves cursed. Regardless of whether they treated Nozel as an adult or not, it still amounts to putting a child under unnecessary risk (children tend to speak their minds and are more likely to slip up, even if they committed to keeping a secret). So it still makes more sense to me that he knew about the curse because he was personally involved in the incident.

Dayeye

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only problem I see with this reasoning is that I find it unlikely why anyone would willingly tell Nozel about the curse let alone his own mother. Anyone who learned about the curse and told others about it were themselves cursed. Regardless of whether they treated Nozel as an adult or not, it still amounts to putting a child under unnecessary risk (children tend to speak their minds and are more likely to slip up, even if they committed to keeping a secret). So it still makes more sense to me that he knew about the curse because he was personally involved in the incident.
That's a great point, my last life support effort is to say that that conversation could've gone down in Capt. Unsworths' Dream World, I mean Nozel knows about how it works for a reason. That said, I do realize how unlikely that is.