Semifinal - Acnologia vs. Selene | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Acnologia vs. Selene

Who wins?

• Acnologia (Human Form)

• Selene (Human Form)

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
With equal raw power. It might be enough to make the difference.
But she doesn't have equal raw power to him though. No Human DG has shown any raw strength equating to Acno.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
That's bcs Acno didn't take that version of Igneel serious and let's be honest, he wasn't the Dragon of Magic at the time of that fight. Mashima buffed him as that later on and Acno already roasted all 5 parent dragons without a scratch. He was then stated later by Zeref to not go all out and we know how mindset affects stats in FT. Acno also implied Igneel was weaker than the one he previously fought while Igneel noted he was stronger than he thought lol. Acno then progressively gets stronger up until the RoT boost after that. So I really don't see Igneel on serious Acno's level either. He hasn't been actually forced to use full power against anyone in the series.
Sorry, you don't get knocked down on your ass, with blood pouring out of your mouth. And get your arm chopped off by the end of the fight. And then claim you were not taking your opponent seriously.

As for Mashima retconning Acno to be magic dragon later on? Possibly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that was the case, considering Mashima's reputation.
Regardless, Acno being magic dragon wouldn't have changed much in that fight anyway, because vast majority of that fight was them engaging in physical combat, and the major events where magic was used was panels showing that their roars cancel out or something.

Acno roasted all the parent dragons specifically using soul steal hax. That is why they no longer have their souls.
Where did Acno imply that Igneel was weaker than the one he fought earlier?

And no, Acno isn't growing any stronger in 1 year, that he didn't in 400+ years.

Soul steal is negible as everyone has resistance to that magic. You'd have to have them unconscious or extreme weakened to take a character's soul as shown in the Franmelth battle.

Pretty sure that Acno stomped Igneel and the parent dragons using soul steal hax. Because, it was specifically mentioned that their souls were ripped out and that they lost as a result.
Franmalth's soul steal is in no way comparable to soul steal of the most powerful character ever in the verse.

I don't see them on Acno's level since his DoM ability gives him far too big of a edge over the DGs and other god tiers.
I agree he never loses for sure.

But they can all replicate what Igneel did, more or less.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But she doesn't have equal raw power to him though. No Human DG has shown any raw strength equating to Acno.
Ignia likely will, based on portrayal. Since he is basically same type of fighter as Natsu. Pure stats and raw power.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, you don't get knocked down on your ass, with blood pouring out of your mouth. And get your arm chopped off by the end of the fight. And then claim you were not taking your opponent seriously.

As for Mashima retconning Acno to be magic dragon later on? Possibly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that was the case, considering Mashima's reputation.
Regardless, Acno being magic dragon wouldn't have changed much in that fight anyway, because vast majority of that fight was them engaging in physical combat, and the major events where magic was used was panels showing that their roars cancel out or something.

Acno roasted all the parent dragons specifically using soul steal hax. That is why they no longer have their souls.
Where did Acno imply that Igneel was weaker than the one he fought earlier?

And no, Acno isn't growing any stronger in 1 year, that he didn't in 400+ years.

Pretty sure that Acno stomped Igneel and the parent dragons using soul steal hax. Because, it was specifically mentioned that their souls were ripped out and that they lost as a result.
Franmalth's soul steal is in no way comparable to soul steal of the most powerful character ever in the verse.

I agree he never loses for sure.

But they can all replicate what Igneel did, more or less.

Ignia likely will, based on portrayal. Since he is basically same type of fighter as Natsu. Pure stats and raw power.
Laxus got cut by Kiria due to his mindset weakening him. Natsu got oneshotted Suzaku due to his mindset. Mindset completely dictates stats in the verse and it has been shown that. Just like Selene let Suzaku "hurt" her and faked her defeat. Acno went into the fight not trying his best so his stats reflected that.

It would have changed the fight seeing as Igneel stated that if they went for real, the entire battlefield would have been destroyed. I doubt Igneel would have been afraid to fight there if they only went into a physical confrontation after they went into the upper atmosphere. Also Igneel wouldn't even used magic against Acno as he would have already knew Acno was the DoM. So it was def a recton which is why Mashima had Zeref explicitly state that Acno did not take any fight in the manga serious. Mashima buffed Acno by a lot post tartarus lol.

It was never mentioned he used soul hax to beat them. It was just that they got their souls removed from their body. Soul resistance exists for even fodder like Happy so I doubt Acno just stole their souls and that was the fight. It can be stated that since Wraith could not steal Natsu's soul without him being unconscious. Soul resistance exist in FT and there isn't really such a thing as a strong soul steal or weak soul steal. You either can do or you cannot.

Except he grew exponentially stronger as stated by the text. Acno continues to grow in strength. It was never stagnant. Prime Igneel was beat without giving Acno a scar 400 years ago so a stronger Acno would do the same to a weaker Igneel.

If Acno let them sure, but if he has a serious mindset then he will not given them the chance to like he did against Igneel.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think that can be argued for her dragon form but not for her human form.

What hax does she have on him? Acno has a big hax on her.
I mean she confronted Ignia in a physical confrontation while in human form and he immediately went Dragon Form after that so I do not think her human stats are any less than a human Ignia/DG.

Last edited:

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
THe Dragon Gods are all Acno level, same way Igneel and his peers where a contemporary threat. No idea why people have such a hard time with that, but anyways, it doesn't matter. They have no counter to his hax. Outside of Ignia's flame dragon burn anything hax, they dont have a solid answer.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus got cut by Kiria due to his mindset weakening him. Natsu got oneshotted Suzaku due to his mindset. Mindset completely dictates stats in the verse and it has been shown that. Just like Selene let Suzaku "hurt" her and faked her defeat. Acno went into the fight not trying his best so his stats reflected that.
What? Where is the evidence that Acno was playing around against Igneel. Give me the panels.
The dude is very serious about killing dragons. He is especially serious, if the said dragon is a powerful one (like Igneel).

As for the other examples. There is no evidence that their mindset played a part there either.
- With Kyria, that is simply the functionality of her magic. Her magic nerfs the opponent, in the same way Invel's and Larcade's magics nerf the opponent. It is a weakening magic
- Natsu was very serious after seeing Erza get one shot, there was no underestimation there. He just straight up got one shot. This is again established in the Natsu vs Suzaku round 2, with Natsu outright admitting he is one shot material for Suzaku, if not for the dragon king scales. Mashima did Natsu vs Suzaku 2.0, without contradicting his previous feats at all
- Selene says Suzaku got a legit W against her human form. I'll just assume that human Selene's physical stats are mediocre

Why go through all this convoluted reasonings? Mashima doesn't even think anywhere close to this hard, the dude barely thinks two chapters ahead lmao.
The simplest and most obvious conclusion from Igneel vs Acno is indeed that Igneel has physical stats comparable to Acno.
EVEN IF the "mindset" plays a role, for the sake of argument, and you actually believe Acno started out underestimating Igneel; he logically would have stopped underestimating Igneel the moment he got thrashed out of the sky, and fell on his ass with Igneel on top of him and blood pouring out of his mouth. There is no excuse for Acno losing his arm after this has happened.

It would have changed the fight seeing as Igneel stated that if they went for real, the entire battlefield would have been destroyed. I doubt Igneel would have been afraid to fight there if they only went into a physical confrontation after they went into the upper atmosphere. Also Igneel wouldn't even used magic against Acno as he would have already knew Acno was the DoM. So it was def a recton which is why Mashima had Zeref explicitly state that Acno did not take any fight in the manga serious. Mashima buffed Acno by a lot post tartarus lol.
Acno being magic dragon is most definitely a retcon.

But that doesn't change the fact that it would have made much of a difference, since like 90% of whatever we saw of that fight was them engaging in physical combat.

And the major instances of them using magic, was when their roars cancelled out each other.
Even if acno was indeed a magic dragon back then, Igneel would still use the roar to match Acno's roar, because it would be better to cancel it out than facetank it.

Bold part:
What do you mean? Igneel was infact engaging in physical combat there.

It was never mentioned he used soul hax to beat them. It was just that they got their souls removed from their body. Soul resistance exists for even fodder like Happy so I doubt Acno just stole their souls and that was the fight. It can be stated that since Wraith could not steal Natsu's soul without him being unconscious. Soul resistance exist in FT and there isn't really such a thing as a strong soul steal or weak soul steal. You either can do or you cannot.
It is implied.
There is no way Acno can defeat top tier dragons without even a scratch, if he straight up engaged against them in combat.

Man, why are you bringing up Happy's feats against Franmath of all people? Both are gag characters.

Acno is the strongest character in the verse. The dude is infamous for stealing the souls of dragons. Of course his soul steal hax >>> others.

What are you even saying about Wraith? The dude literally one shotted Natsu in a page, "killed" him, and stole his soul. Natsu came back from it only because of some asspull in beta heaven where Zeref taught him stuff.

Except he grew exponentially stronger as stated by the text. Acno continues to grow in strength. It was never stagnant. Prime Igneel was beat without giving Acno a scar 400 years ago so a stronger Acno would do the same to a weaker Igneel.
Give me the text. Which chapter and page? I have never seen this text.

Don't tell me it was Erza pointing out that Acno's power felt on a completely different level from when they saw in Tenrou.
Yeah no shit lol, Gildarts also said the same thing in Tenrou itself. Acno was playing with his food in Tenrou.

This doesn't mean that Acno got tiers stronger than when he was in Tenrou. It just means that Acno was more serious and hence emitted more MP in Alverass, than in Tenrou.

Last edited:

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Acnologia win this round no question about it