Add and center text ? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Add and center text ?

Shibo2501

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
Sorry if this is obvious to all but i'm a newbie

I'm translating a great story from spanish to english. The scans are fine, I cleaned the spanish text, I just need a software to add the new text on the pictures. I tried a lot of softwares but with most of them you can't type the text directly in the pic and so each try is a guess... Some softwares can't even center the text. I read on this forum that you have to add typesetter to photoshop but I don't have photoshop and I don't really need it (I think).

Thanks for anything that could help

NibbPower

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's odd. I know GIMP and Photoshop allows you to center text. You'll have to manually select the options and arrange how you want it on the scans. A lot of programs don't have the center alignment but you'll still be able to place it if you manually do it. You can always use GIMP, it's free. Photoshop CS2 is also free but very old.

I believe you were referring to this thing: http://illuminati-manga.com/illiteracy/typesetterer/ I don't think it actually works. I'd prefer manually setting my own typeset settings and you can also check out this http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/Edited Manga-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/ to teach you about typesetting.

But you don't have to add anything to Photoshop to be able to typeset. The only thing you really need is if you want unique fonts so you'll need to download them and save them into your font folder. But most of all, there isn't any reasonable need for it.

Shibo2501

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks a lot. I'll be trying the old phtoshop, it should be fine if it's just to add text.
I tried Gimp but couldn't type the text directly in the picture so I have to make a lot of tries for each text.
I also would prefer to center the text automatically because manually I don't like much the result (compared to the spanish scans, it really doesn't look good)