Theory - AFO's plan B for obtaining OFA? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory AFO's plan B for obtaining OFA?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In a recent chapter AFO made the point that he usually had multiple paths or contingencies that he lays out in order to eventually reach a goal. So... it stands to reason that he has actually laid out multiple plans towards eventually obtaining OFA. So the question is.. what is plan B?

We know what plan A is. Basically build up shigaraki's hatred and use said hatred to overcome the... "will" wall that prevents OFA from being stolen by AFO. To this end he has also sort of fused within shigaraki and even, perhaps unexpectedly, become a sort of new entity. This plan by all appearances is decades in the making. Potentially dating back to even before shigaraki's unfortunate backstory.

So... what could potentially be plan B for AFO? Thinking about this what came to my mind is the fact that AFO created a clone of AFO via the doctor and gave the original to shigaraki while keeping the copy. By doing this AFO is able to effectively turn shigaraki into... well, more of a puppet. Under normal circumstances the shigaraki persona is basically... just fake hatred implanted into tenko by AFO. Or so I believe at least. AFO is then able to use the the hands of shigaraki's family to straight up highjack control from shigaraki. Along with the hand at previous point in the story evidencing the capacity to show make shigaraki's hatred surge.

So my idea here is.... what if AFO has a plan B for obtaining OFA and plan B is actually to give AFO to deku. In case the shigaraki plan fails. Worst case scenario shigaraki fails and deku barely makes it out alive... At which point AFO gives to deku the most available AFO copy around, either the clone or the original. There probably is substantial risk for AFO in this scenario but ultimately if he can use AFO to control shigaraki then he can potentially do it to control someone else.