Ageing | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ageing

Blooming_Lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do u guys think real mirchea is dead? I mean shinsu only makes people's bodies age slowly. He is from the times when GWs climbed or atleast 10 k years old. And he doesn't have immortality contract. So, I doubt he could be alive if he is that old. There must be a reason why blood madder begged for the immortality contract.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No. He is simply very old.

Lonatian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Luslec was born at 80F, so he is younger than GWs.

Maseth (father of workshop) is still live, he must be older than everyone.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
All rankers get an immortality contract... Luslec precedes rankers and the climbing system but you'd think he would have made a point of getting his immortality contract. It's also possible that he got a form of immortality while climbing with the great warriors.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
All rankers get an immortality contract... Luslec precedes rankers and the climbing system but you'd think he would have made a point of getting his immortality contract. It's also possible that he got a form of immortality while climbing with the great warriors.
They have eternal youth but they don't have eternal longevity.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
They have eternal youth but they don't have eternal longevity.
What's the difference between eternal youth and eternal longevity?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What's the difference between eternal youth and eternal longevity?
People with only eternal youth have a finite lifespan. People with only eternal longevity have infinite lifespan but don't have eternal youth. The FHs have both + can't be killed.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
People with only eternal youth have a finite lifespan. People with only eternal longevity have infinite lifespan but don't have eternal youth. The FHs have both + can't be killed.
Why would someone with eternal youth have a finite lifespan? If you don't age then there's no reason you'd die from old age. I suppose disease could work but this largely does not apply to tog rankers. If you have eternal longevity but not youth then you'd eventually end up an old husk... Rankers do appear to age to some capacity but the series is unclear about the implications of this.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why would someone with eternal youth have a finite lifespan? If you don't age then there's no reason you'd die from old age. I suppose disease could work but this largely does not apply to tog rankers. If you have eternal longevity but not youth then you'd eventually end up an old husk... Rankers do appear to age to some capacity but the series is unclear about the implications of this.
It's not that strange in fiction. It's not been stated that Towerborn Rankers have eternal lifespan, just that it's very long and that Shinsoo Control has an effect on this. SIU also said that diseases causes people to die from old age.

Ha Chai who trained Baam during the timeskip has a long lifespan, but his body doesn't have eternal youth because he didn't become a Ranker. I don't think his lifespan is infinite.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's not that strange in fiction. It's not been stated that Towerborn Rankers have eternal lifespan, just that it's very long and that Shinsoo Control has an effect on this. SIU also said that diseases causes people to die from old age.

Ha Chai who trained Baam during the timeskip has a long lifespan, but his body doesn't have eternal youth because he didn't become a Ranker. I don't think his lifespan is infinite.
My comment was more on those being rather arbitrary definitions. TBH I don't think even rankers are straight up immortal. It's just their lifespans are so long the distinction barely matters. Ranker appearance probably has more to do with what SIU thinks looks cool anyways and we can assume most will be around a eons from now unless killed. Jinsung made the point that folk aren't really meant to live that long when he faced mascheny and we saw the state of mind the yeon from whom aguero's flame came from was in... I think this is referential of what will happen to most rankers before they ever come close to dying of old age.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
My comment was more on those being rather arbitrary definitions. TBH I don't think even rankers are straight up immortal. It's just their lifespans are so long the distinction barely matters. Ranker appearance probably has more to do with what SIU thinks looks cool anyways and we can assume most will be around a eons from now unless killed. Jinsung made the point that folk aren't really meant to live that long when he faced mascheny and we saw the state of mind the yeon from whom aguero's flame came from was in... I think this is referential of what will happen to most rankers before they ever come close to dying of old age.
I agree. I just wanted to say that even if a Ranker has lived 10 billion of years, his lifespan is finite so he'll die eventually. I don't think it's ever going to matter though.

akio18

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I believe it was made clear, although I dont remember the source, that in Tog age has to do more with the mental state. For example Anak is still a kid although being at least 300 years old while Koon A.A is a teenager who you've guessed it, has the same age as a teenager when he was first introduced. As for rankers, Jinsung said that even though their bodies dont seem to age, their mind gets weary through the passage of time. This is why Yuri is said to look very similar to Ha Yurin although in terms of age they are eons apart.