Voting Round 2 - Ai Hayasaka vs. Kitagawa Marin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Ai Hayasaka vs. Kitagawa Marin

Who Wins?

• Ai Hayasaka

• Kitagawa Marin

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The aesthetic waifu

Part 1/2

The premise of Sono Bisque Doll, as I explained in the previous round, is about fashion. Well, fashion is a bit of a loose blanket statement :hmm But basically, the series features so many facets of fashion. Cosplay, hina dolls, otaku events, and the like.
Naturally, Marin changes clothes and costumes a lot throughout the series.​

Why is this important, you may ask? (Or you didn't ask, but let's pretend you asked for the sake of my campaign :kukuku) Obviously, as a partner, there is a certain sense of pride that comes with seeing your significant other well groomed in public, right? Even if you are not one to necessarily care about appearances.

So, now for a visual demonstration :mono:

First of all, we have the basic school girl look. What Marin wears at school everyday. Since simplicity is perfection, figured this would be the best outfit to start this out with:

The school uniform is a bit plain, like well, 99% of anime/manga school uniforms. Still, it does manage to capture Marin's elegance quite a bit. Plus the art in the panel is gorgeous, so :cheerbunny

This is Marin showing up at Gojo's home, for a casual visit:

Look how well dressed she is. Everything, from the hat to the pants is just.....*Chef's kiss*. And this is just casual dressing. At this point of the story, they are no more than mere acquintances. This costume appears in chapter 2, where Marin visits Gojo's home since she wanted to talk more about costumes with him. As well as have him help her make a cosplay costume. And yet she's this fashionable :bow

Not convinced yet? Let's use other examples, there's plenty more where the first one came from.

This is Marin dressing up for a festival, that she is attending with Gojo. The festival was held in summer, and in true anime cliche fashion, both the male and lead attend it. Gojo goes in his usual clothes, but for Marin, she goes ahead and decides to go all out. Notice how elegant her hair looks as well :wub

With some flirting sprinkled in, of course:

I name this form, Kimono Marin. It's in her top 5 costumes on the show, easily.
Kimono Marin comes with tons of advantages. Such as sharing this look with you, under the fireworks:

Or letting you carry her home, after a long and fun night at the festival. As well as promising to attend the festival with you next year:

And having you make this face, which is just an absolute bonus:
This is Marin, when waking up in the morning. Basically, what she puts on to bed, so if you're planning on surprising her with a visit in the morning, prepare to be the one who is surprised :glomp

Later on, she changes into her home clothes, which are a bit simplistic, but still good looking:

This is Marin, when you go out shopping for clothes together. She already looks good (Duh), so now she wants to make you look good. Especially since she is someone who likes being trendy.

^ I think I used this panel in round 1, but now I provided context :hi

Also, when you go out shopping with Marin, she does make it a little fun. In her own weird, cute and awkward way:

It's summer time (Again), and summer means of course.....tans. For those of you who are not fans of sunscreen. Those who want to be daring with the heat, at the risk of sunburns.

Meet Tanned Marin, her ultimate gyaru form in the show. Just like Kimono Marin, Tanned Marin comes with her own advantages. Like wearing your clothes while in your house:

Or showing you her new teeth. Vampire style. Vanitas style :whistle

You know what happens next.....

Summer does not necessarily mean tans. It also means swimsuits. The beach. Swimming. Therefore, for summer, we have swimsuit Marin as well:

More recently in the manga as well, we had butler Marin. For a school play, she had to dress up in a male suit, since the character she was playing was a male. The end result was quite elegant:

:reject

:hi5

So, do drop a vote for Marin. And next time, she'll take you out shopping ;)

And make you look as drippy as him:

Hope, I did not overuse panels. If they are causing the page to lag I can spoiler tag them :hi

Last edited:

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
*Used spoiler tags just in case for anime-onlies.
Introducing
MH's Best Minor Female Character (2020)

Ai Hayasaka

In Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Ai Hayasaka works for the Shinomiya family, serving Kaguya Shinomiya (main female character). Because of this role, Hayasaka has to take up several personas or as she says, “masks”. Her main role is a maid, she’s level-headed and carries out her responsibilities flawlessly, while attending to Kaguya’s needs. In school, she behaves as a gyaru, while watching over Kaguya behind the scenes. Haysaca-san is a persona to observe Mikyuki Shirogane(Kaguya’s love interest and male mc) outside of school for Kaguya. And Haysaca-kun is a butler with the purpose of countering the unpredicatable Chika Fujiwara. “He” has the backstory of an Irish orphan who later graduated at Harvard.

In reality, she’s pretty reserved and considerate. She loves Kaguya like a sister, cherishes her friends at school and her friendship with Miyuki (non-romantically). In contrast to her personas, she’s actually emotional in aspects that are pretty relatable, such as losing a challenge to Kaguya, her mother not spending enough time with her, and the stress her job put on her everyday life and relationship with Kaguya. She’s also very interested in romance, even running mental simulations 🤣. Now that she no longer works for the Shinomiyas, she’s free to find love :D.

On to likes, hobbies, and skills. Hayasaka loves electronics. She works on computers, keeps track of the latest phone models, and enjoys her gadgets. The way to her heart is a trip to the electronics shop.

She also likes baseball. She hits up the batting cage in her free time and has a meaner swing than Shohei Ohtani. Dates at the batting cage are a definite yes.

Hayasaka loves Disneyland, she could talk about it for hours. So, a weekend there and all those attractions with Hayasaka sure sounds fun. And one of her to-dos is traveling around the world, so life will be full of great memories.

Hayasaka makes great coffee. Her technique has been noted to be “sublime, beautiful, and top class work.” Coffee with Hayasaka is a must.

And working for the Shinomiya's for most of her life has some positives. She knows how to manage a household impeccably. With her talent in taking up different personas, she’s adaptable to various situations. She’s got a great work ethic and discipline, and thus her job prospects after she graduates are very bright. And a bonus is she has a large amount of savings, 40 million yen. Her future is secure and she’s an independent, successful woman. What more can you ask for?

Lastly, as Hayasaka says, “Beauty is ammo.”

MH, you know what to do ;)
Vote Hayasaka

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Part 2/2

Wanted to add something small to the earlier campaign.

So, like I mentioned before, Marin has a touch, a certain eye when it comes to fashion. Aesthetics. But this is not limited to clothes used in day to day interactions. Even when doing what she loves most, cosplay. Which is probably a niche interest, I suppose? Well, let us compare it to Halloween. A tradition that everyone is aware of. Most of you might have participated in it, and are aware the premise of the day is in dressing up as a character you love.

For Marin, we see some of these spirit in certain costumes she chooses in story.

Her first ever costume was based on Shizuku. Context:

Marin at first tried making her own clothes to cosplay in, which shows how attentive she can be to the little things. How dedicated she is to things she loves.
Her end product was not very promising though.

With Gojo's help, she manages to make something attractive though.

Giving us one of the most beautiful smiles in the whole series.

For cosplay, we see a side of Marin that shows passion. Desire. She is invested into it as a hobby, which like I pointed out earlier, shows a dedication that she has towards aspects of her life. A dedication she would show you, as her significant other.

We also have Neon, another character who is one of Marin's favorites. She is a magical girl. Think Madoka Magica/Sailor Moon, for an easier comparison.

Context:

The second character that Marin cosplays in the story. The end result is pretty. A soldier aesthetic, but one that leaves quite an impression:

We also had a succubus character as well. Rizu. For those of you who are aware of Rosario Vampire, remember Kurono? One of the main characters in the story. This is something like that.

Context:

Marin cosplays Rizu, and we get a supernatural waifu :nod

Just a few examples of stuff Marin wears in story, but I figured it was worth a mention considering it still falls under the aesthetic aspect of things.:p

Do vote for Marin, and she will dress up as anything you want her to ;)

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Part 2/2

Wanted to add something small to the earlier campaign.

So, like I mentioned before, Marin has a touch, a certain eye when it comes to fashion. Aesthetics. But this is not limited to clothes used in day to day interactions. Even when doing what she loves most, cosplay. Which is probably a niche interest, I suppose? Well, let us compare it to Halloween. A tradition that everyone is aware of. Most of you might have participated in it, and are aware the premise of the day is in dressing up as a character you love.

For Marin, we see some of these spirit in certain costumes she chooses in story.

Her first ever costume was based on Shizuku. Context:

Marin at first tried making her own clothes to cosplay in, which shows how attentive she can be to the little things. How dedicated she is to things she loves.
Her end product was not very promising though.

With Gojo's help, she manages to make something attractive though.

Giving us one of the most beautiful smiles in the whole series.

For cosplay, we see a side of Marin that shows passion. Desire. She is invested into it as a hobby, which like I pointed out earlier, shows a dedication that she has towards aspects of her life. A dedication she would show you, as her significant other.

We also have Neon, another character who is one of Marin's favorites. She is a magical girl. Think Madoka Magica/Sailor Moon, for an easier comparison.

Context:

The second character that Marin cosplays in the story. The end result is pretty. A soldier aesthetic, but one that leaves quite an impression:

We also had a succubus character as well. Rizu. For those of you who are aware of Rosario Vampire, remember Kurono? One of the main characters in the story. This is something like that.

Context:

Marin cosplays Rizu, and we get a supernatural waifu :nod

Just a few examples of stuff Marin wears in story, but I figured it was worth a mention considering it still falls under the aesthetic aspect of things.:p

Do vote for Marin, and she will dress up as anything you want her to ;)
Dang it, I think your campaign is working. I wanna see your waifu dress up as my waifu...

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ll supplement my initial post by further acquainting you all to Hayasaka.

Her blush :blush

Pictures can say a lot of words, and here you get a peek at Hayasaka as your daily companion. First, there she is asking you to join her on a walk. Then, we got personal late night chats. Next is seeing her refreshed after a long day, which certainly makes you smile. Sometimes, you see her flustered side. And the best feeling is when you make her laugh. :D

She’s got moves

You got yourself a dance partner.

"Secret Agent" Ai

Ok I thought this was cool, I mean look at those acrobatics. Sometimes you just got to marvel at your girl.

Glasses Edition

Another style, and she looks good.

Competitive Spirit

Hayasaka isn’t one to back down from a challenge.

Support

With her cheering you on, you can never give up on anything.

In conclusion, Hayasaka is a great partner who you’d cherish in your heart and love to spend your life with.
Thank you for your attention and please vote Hayasaka.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Great campaigns.I have always loved Hermit's campaigns in these events.

But Hayasaka builds computers as hobby. That's super cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.