Akasun's Coloring Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Akasun's Coloring Thread

Akasun

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok... I don't think this should've been in the Speed coloring thread so... yeah. It took me a little over 2 hours to do this, using the "real way" of coloring. I used the tutorial on this site for help and reference for the layers and stuff.

Remember this is my first time so... comments for improvement are needed, obviously. Is it ok for my first time? :s

Thanks!

metalanime

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: First Real Coloring - Matsumoto Rangiku

i say go with the flow of what you are coloring, like the hair, try to go with the direction of the hair. the spotty look doesnt work

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Can u tell me what program do u use for colouring this picture? Is it photoshop? It seems to me like u like using the low opacity colour to colour your picture. Remeber that if u change your opacity, the second time u overlap your colour, the colour wont be that smooth anymore. My suggestion is that, if u are using photoshop, try to colour the black part too instead of just leaving it like that.

If u are colouring this picture using real paints, I mean water colour and stuff like that, I'll say that u should add more shading to your picture. This picture looks like u have only use one colour for one part. Try playing around with different colours and get a nice new colour out of it to shade and darken some area to make it looks like there's some shadow and stuff like that.

Good job though. Keep practising and u will find yourself as a successful colourer one day.

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Thanks! :amuse

Yeah, I use photoshop.

Using a light color with a brush tool is bad for me. :P[br]Date Posted: December 17, 2005, 01:12:30 AM_________________________________________________Yay, I did another one! This one seriously took forever. I hope I improved!

And another one! This might me the last one of the day. Although it's small, it took me a long time (ish), and I think it's my best one yet, shading and all.

I think a mod should rename this 'Akasun's Coloring Page' or something. :p[br]Date Posted: December 17, 2005, 02:29:33 AM_________________________________________________Looking at the above picture I made (The Tohru one), I have to say I'm really proud on how I colored it.

My Hinamori one is blah, as I see a lot of mistakes now, which kinda makes me mad since I spent a total of like 3 hours on it.

I might do more like the Tohru one's though, since I find those Character view's fun. _________________________________________________

To Mod: If you can or allow, can you please change this thread's title to "Akasun's Coloring Page" or something. Thanks!

nah-nah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Changed the title for you, Akasun.

You're doing a good job at coloring... much better than me. :) Keep it up~~

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
You're improving little by little...Good job!!!

Akasun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks! ^_^

Later if I have time, I'm going to color something from the newest Bleach chapter, and after that maybe Naruto's.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just so you don't forget, Akasun, we now have a Bleach art subforum so if you want to post anything there, please do ^_^