Semifinal - Aldoron vs. Ignia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Aldoron vs. Ignia

Who wins?

• Aldoron (God Seed Aldoron)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Ignia (Human Form)

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: September 4th, 2022

CharactersInfo and limitations
AldoronIn God Seed Aldoron form. Has abilities of all God Seeds
IgniaIn human form

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@Kiki
I presume that the scenario we have is: "there is just Aldo seed, but with abilities of all other GS within him, without them being present". Right?
Or else this becomes a stomp since Ignia one shots the other seeds to nerf Aldo seed, and then stomp him soon after.

Analysis of abilities/matchup:

Assuming above scenario is the case.

Ignia, on paper, is the stronger one here. On top of having the hype of arguably being the strongest DG, Aldo seed is also nerfed a bit here, since he had just woken up.

Based on pure stats, I would consider full power Aldo to be 95% Ignia, and Aldo who just woke up to be 70% Ignia. Throwing some headcanon numbers, which makes sense to me, out there.

Still, this is quite a tricky matchup, because aside from Aldo seed's powers himself (which is capable of giving Ignia a challenge), he also has powers of other God Seeds. Let's go over each of them

1. Wolven
Wolven seed's powers is a very interesting wild card here. Aldo seed is very much capable of tagging Ignia and grabbing his face, which means he can summon someone who Ignia considers very strong (probably gonna be either Acno or Igneel).
Though obviously there would be a cap on how strong the clone would be, even a nerfed Acno or Igneel would be of immense help. I would consider this an equivalent of Historia ability of Neinhart, but without the drawback of needing the characters to be dead (laughs in Serena) or the summons being dispelled due to fear.

2. Gears
Gears' powers can also have some non-insignificant impact here. As far as we know, Ignia doesn't have thought projection, so he can't just simply negate it away like Jellal did.
However, to be noted is also that Aldo seed is nerfed (due to wake up), plus Ignia is portrayed to have better stats to begin with. So, it won't be like Gears' hax will completely freeze the perception of time of Ignia. Still, I think it can mildly screw up Ignia's time sense, which could lead to a decrease i overall performance.

3. Metro
I think Metro's golems are probably a non factor, they probably even just get vap'd by Ignia's body heat, considering we saw Mira, Gajeel etc take them down. Though, it could be argued that grunts summoned by Aldo seed himself will be a lot stronger than those summoned by Metro himself. Still, even if they are stronger, I think Ignia can just use an AOE attack with some effort, and take care of them. I don't think this would have any significant impact here

4. Doom
Doom's spores are a complete non factor, since they get vap'd instantly.
Nothing to be considered here

As for Ignia, we don't have much to go by.
We can presume that he is similar to Natsu/Igneel in combat style and abilities. Probably just a straight up combatant fire dragon.

Conclusion:

Based on narrative/portrayal, Ignia wins this mid-high diff. There is no way Aldo seed wins this. Ignia arguably has higher portrayal than even his full power form, let alone his nerfed form.

Based on abilities, I think there can be an argument to be made for Aldo seed winning with extreme diff, as ridiculous as it sounds. Aldo seed cannot win with pure stats and straight up combat, but he has great versatility and abilities which may allow him to give Ignia a run for his money.

Not really sure what to go for here.
I suppose I'll just vote for Ignia due to the narrative.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I presume that the scenario we have is: "there is just Aldo seed, but with abilities of all other GS within him, without them being present". Right?
yep, 100% correct.

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ignia won this round easily

Dimitri1220

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Aldoron has 0 win conditions. He's countered in every way possible.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ignia = full powered dg while Aldoron =~ 50% of a DG. So Ignia wins fairly easily.

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This one is tough because whilst Ignia is pound for pound stronger than Aldo (mainly due to him being nerfed), Aldoron has the hax and abilities to counteract this and still should be strong enough to hurt Ignia. Wolven's ability here is the real problem for Ignia, if Aldoron manages to grab his face and read his mind he should be able to summon the person Ignia deems the strongest, and as seen with Zeref's summon, this could be used to great effect with the right strategy.

I can only see a few people that could come to mind for Ignia, and that would be Acnologia, Igneel, or maybe even Selene due to her fighting equally to him recently. Any of these three could be a significant advantage for Aldoron even though they would be extremely nerfed. But, Ignia would understand the dangers of this ability and would likely not allow Aldoron to get a good grip on him. Ignia wins this around mid diff, but I can see a scenario where Aldoron gets lucky and gets an extreme diff win.

I'll go with Ignia with a mid diff win as I think he would win in a fight nine out of ten times.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I can only see a few people that could come to mind for Ignia, and that would be Acnologia, Igneel, or maybe even Selene
How about Ignia himself? As shown with Gray and that dude, you can think not only about other people, but about yourself too. And I think Ignia believes that he is the strongest being in the world.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
How about Ignia himself? As shown with Gray and that dude, you can think not only about other people, but about yourself too. And I think Ignia believes that he is the strongest being in the world.
Valid point, I forgot about that. In that case, Aldoron may be able to summon a nerfed Ignia to fight with him.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Valid point, I forgot about that. In that case, Aldoron may be able to summon a nerfed Ignia to fight with him.
And Aldo can summon like thousands of them, not just one. Well, they wouldn't be as strong as the original maybe, but the numbers are insane.
Also, I don't actually know are dragons capable of eating their element and powering up, but if they are, then it means there will be thousands Ignias who can resist, negate and power up to the point that leads to Aldo's win

Last edited:

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ignia slaps.

Also summoning who he thinks is strongest is a bad plan. If it's acno, he mess around and be a danger to both, if its him or his father, power up incoming lol.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Ignia slaps.

Also summoning who he thinks is strongest is a bad plan. If it's acno, he mess around and be a danger to both, if its him or his father, power up incoming lol.
That's not how it works. The summons have full allegiance to Aldoron, as seen with Zeref. The Acno who is summoned will be a complete ally

Won't the Ignia or Igneel clone get powered up the same as well?

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Won't the Ignia or Igneel clone get powered up the same as well?
It's a double edged sword to me. They would surely get amped by eating real Ignia's flames, perhaps even enough to boost them closer to real DG level. but at the same time, due to Ignia being a flame dragon, he'd also be heavily resistant to their attacks forcing them into physical combat to actually do damage. So, Aldoron would have powerful backup, but magically, they're not very valuable due to Ignia being highly resistant to them and vice versa if they power up fast enough. I'd wager it'd be akin to a Historia until they power up by consuming his fire.

But, if Aldoron did pull this off, he could potentially pull off a win, fIgnia or Igneel taking Ignia on in CQC with Aldoron backing them up would be a dangerous combo, especially if they power up from Ignia's flames. He wins only if he can do this, otherwise, Ignia takes him.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
It's a double edged sword to me. They would surely get amped by eating real Ignia's flames, perhaps even enough to boost them closer to real DG level. but at the same time, due to Ignia being a flame dragon, he'd also be heavily resistant to their attacks forcing them into physical combat to actually do damage. So, Aldoron would have powerful backup, but magically, they're not very valuable due to Ignia being highly resistant to them and vice versa if they power up fast enough. I'd wager it'd be akin to a Historia until they power up by consuming his fire.

But, if Aldoron did pull this off, he could potentially pull off a win, fIgnia or Igneel taking Ignia on in CQC with Aldoron backing them up would be a dangerous combo, especially if they power up from Ignia's flames. He wins only if he can do this, otherwise, Ignia takes him.
Yeah.

Assuming it is Ignia or Igneel being summoned instead of Acno.
The best utility would be to have either of these two engage in physical combat with the actual Ignia, while also potentially negating any fire attacks Ignia himself throws at Aldoron.

And yes, I think the same as well in comparison to historian. It shouldn't be full power. But it is also a superior magic since it doesn't have the restrictions of needing dead characters or the risk of the summon disappearing by fear

Honestly, going purely by logic, Aldo should win, even if he's like just 70% or so Ignia's stats (assuming Ignia is basically another Igneel or Natsu). This dude is broken with abilities of all the seeds.
But at this point I've learned that logic and scaling doesn't matter in FT lmao. So, whatever. IDK who to vote for lol

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Assuming it is Ignia or Igneel being summoned instead of Acno.
The best utility would be to have either of these two engage in physical combat with the actual Ignia, while also potentially negating any fire attacks Ignia himself throws at Aldoron.
That is another extremely useful addition, they can be used as a Human (Dragon?) shield for Aldo due to their extremely high resistance they could do this without taking massive damage like another Dragon using a different element would.

Honestly, going purely by logic, Aldo should win, even if he's like just 70% or so Ignia's stats (assuming Ignia is basically another Igneel or Natsu). This dude is broken with abilities of all the seeds.
But at this point I've learned that logic and scaling doesn't matter in FT lmao. So, whatever. IDK who to vote for lol
Completely true, it isn't like a Selene vs Merc situation where Merc is significantly weakened while she herself is at full power. Aldoron himself is nearly at full power, enough to at least put up a mid diff in pure stats and power. But, hax and variety (and especially broken abilites) can definetly turn the tides in Aldo's favor, he could definitely win this if he plays it smart.

Pure power wise? Ignia takes this, no debate.

But magically speaking, Aldo is broken with all of his different abilities & hax, if he is smart he can pull a win. But he needs to be very careful when he does battle with Ignia (or Selene, or Viernes or any full powered DG in his nerfed state). Looking back at this, I can see Aldo taking a win more often than the original one times outta ten that I originally said due to hax and variety (of hax no less) advantage. But, I can see Ignia taking more wins than Aldo if they were to fight multiple times.

Damn, thinking more about it, I'm almost swayed to switch to Aldo, but, yet again, I can see Ignia taking the win more often than not, but Aldoron has a massive advantage in the variety department. I honestly believe that variety is a huge advantage.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
That is another extremely useful addition, they can be used as a Human (Dragon?) shield for Aldo due to their extremely high resistance they could do this without taking massive damage like another Dragon using a different element would.
Yep, that's basically what I said.

Say Aldo summon Ignia. Obviously I expect that Ignia's stats to be nerfed to, say 30% or so. Especially given that Aldo himself is nerfed. But Aldo can deal better against actual Ignia's physical attacks, while the summoned Ignia absorbs all the fire attacks thrown by real Ignia to power himself up (maybe to the point he can even hold well against the real one in physical combat)

But magically speaking, Aldo is broken with all of his different abilities & hax, if he is smart he can pull a win. But he needs to be very careful when he does battle with Ignia (or Selene, or Viernes or any full powered DG in his nerfed state). Looking back at this, I can see Aldo taking a win more often than the original one times outta ten that I originally said due to hax and variety (of hax no less) advantage. But, I can see Ignia taking more wins than Aldo if they were to fight multiple times.

Damn, thinking more about it, I'm almost swayed to switch to Aldo, but, yet again, I can see Ignia taking the win more often than not, but Aldoron has a massive advantage in the variety department. I honestly believe that variety is a huge advantage.
On this topic, I'll just say this.

If someone gives me Aldo and Ignia, with info of their stats and abilities. Just the characters, and they are not written by Mashima.

Assuming Aldo has 70% stats of Ignia, and Ignia is basically Igneel/Natsu in abilities, I would vote for Aldoron for sure. In fact, I will say Aldo wins like 8 or 9 times out of 10. The off chance Ignia wins would be if he gets momentum rolling and brutalizes Aldo through sheer combat before Aldo can get his abilities set up and rolling.

Basically, what I am saying is. If I knew nothing about the author and just have the characters, I would vote for Aldoron here.
But if Mashima writes, Ignia wins.

Dimitri1220

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yall understand that Aldoron needs to physically grab Ignia's head to read his mind right? You think it's wise for a wood dragon to run up and make physical contacts with a fire dragon? He already has worse stats, so his best bet would be to zone, but that's not going to work out given Ignia's massive DC. There's 0 way in which you can argue Aldo winning this.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yall understand that Aldoron needs to physically grab Ignia's head to read his mind right? You think it's wise for a wood dragon to run up and make physical contacts with a fire dragon? He already has worse stats, so his best bet would be to zone, but that's not going to work out given Ignia's massive DC. There's 0 way in which you can argue Aldo winning this.

I'm fairly certain Aldoron at least has the stats and durability to grab Ignia's head once in the entire fight.

Dimitri1220

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm fairly certain Aldoron at least has the stats and durability to grab Ignia's head once in the entire fight.
Assuming he does, how will this help Aldoron in the slightest? He'll turn himself into a weaker version of Ignia and he wouldn't be able to eat any of the real Ignia's fire because dragon slayers are disgusted by eating their own magic. Ignia can just nuke Aldo's body and call it a day.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And this is assuming that Aldo has all the god seed abilities combined in his human form. He'd lose his own abilities and just become a weaker version of Ignia, which gives the real Ignia an automatic win based on common sense. However, if we assume that all the God seeds are separate like in the main story, then Wolfen will never have the chance to grab Ignia's head or even get near him without getting vaped by his body heat.

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
Assuming he does, how will this help Aldoron in the slightest? He'll turn himself into a weaker version of Ignia and he wouldn't be able to eat any of the real Ignia's fire because dragon slayers are disgusted by eating their own magic. Ignia can just nuke Aldo's body and call it a day.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And this is assuming that Aldo has all the god seed abilities combined in his human form. He'd lose his own abilities and just become a weaker version of Ignia, which gives the real Ignia an automatic win based on common sense. However, if we assume that all the God seeds are separate like in the main story, then Wolfen will never have the chance to grab Ignia's head or even get near him without getting vaped by his body heat.
But doesn't Wolven have a clone like ability ? There were so many of him

But then there would be so many Aldo that wouldn't even need to grab Ignia's head.

But if Wolfen does not have cloning abilities and was just multiple individuals, Aldo gets wrecked indeed