Final - Aldoron vs. Selene | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Aldoron vs. Selene

Who wins?

• Aldoron (God Seed Aldoron)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Selene (Human Form)

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: September 11th, 2022

CharactersInfo and limitations
AldoronIn God Seed Aldoron form. Has abilities of all God Seeds
SeleneIn human form

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I’ll take the one that didn’t lose to Natsu.

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I vote for Selene

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll go with Selene in a high diff, whilst she is pound for pound stronger than Aldoron, Aldo has plenty of hax that can make this very difficult for Selene, it's the God Seed abilities that gives Selene the most issues here, but, Selene herself has some good hax. The biggest issue would be Wolven, if Aldo can get his hands on Selene, he should be able to take it assuming he can make a clone of who she deems strongest (which can be quite a few people, likely Acno) rather than just taking on that form himself, taking that form himself he'd just be a significantly nerfed Acno which would give Selene trouble with the immunty, but if he's weakened enough, she could take it. However, if Aldo can make an Acno clone, it'd be too much for her, especially if fAcno powers up from her magic. However, Selene can pretty much teleport with the help of her portals which could make her difficult to tag if she spams this.

Selene takes this with difficulty.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I'll just quote my comment in Aldo vs Ignia, which explains my rationale
Analysis of abilities/matchup:

Assuming above scenario is the case.

Ignia, on paper, is the stronger one here. On top of having the hype of arguably being the strongest DG, Aldo seed is also nerfed a bit here, since he had just woken up.

Based on pure stats, I would consider full power Aldo to be 95% Ignia, and Aldo who just woke up to be 70% Ignia. Throwing some headcanon numbers, which makes sense to me, out there.

Still, this is quite a tricky matchup, because aside from Aldo seed's powers himself (which is capable of giving Ignia a challenge), he also has powers of other God Seeds. Let's go over each of them

1. Wolven
Wolven seed's powers is a very interesting wild card here. Aldo seed is very much capable of tagging Ignia and grabbing his face, which means he can summon someone who Ignia considers very strong (probably gonna be either Acno or Igneel).
Though obviously there would be a cap on how strong the clone would be, even a nerfed Acno or Igneel would be of immense help. I would consider this an equivalent of Historia ability of Neinhart, but without the drawback of needing the characters to be dead (laughs in Serena) or the summons being dispelled due to fear.

2. Gears
Gears' powers can also have some non-insignificant impact here. As far as we know, Ignia doesn't have thought projection, so he can't just simply negate it away like Jellal did.
However, to be noted is also that Aldo seed is nerfed (due to wake up), plus Ignia is portrayed to have better stats to begin with. So, it won't be like Gears' hax will completely freeze the perception of time of Ignia. Still, I think it can mildly screw up Ignia's time sense, which could lead to a decrease i overall performance.

3. Metro
I think Metro's golems are probably a non factor, they probably even just get vap'd by Ignia's body heat, considering we saw Mira, Gajeel etc take them down. Though, it could be argued that grunts summoned by Aldo seed himself will be a lot stronger than those summoned by Metro himself. Still, even if they are stronger, I think Ignia can just use an AOE attack with some effort, and take care of them. I don't think this would have any significant impact here

4. Doom
Doom's spores are a complete non factor, since they get vap'd instantly.
Nothing to be considered here

As for Ignia, we don't have much to go by.
We can presume that he is similar to Natsu/Igneel in combat style and abilities. Probably just a straight up combatant fire dragon.

Conclusion:

Based on narrative/portrayal, Ignia wins this mid-high diff. There is no way Aldo seed wins this. Ignia arguably has higher portrayal than even his full power form, let alone his nerfed form.

Based on abilities, I think there can be an argument to be made for Aldo seed winning with extreme diff, as ridiculous as it sounds. Aldo seed cannot win with pure stats and straight up combat, but he has great versatility and abilities which may allow him to give Ignia a run for his money.

Not really sure what to go for here.
I suppose I'll just vote for Ignia due to the narrative.

Based on abilities, I can definitely see Aldo seed picking up the win with a high-extreme diff. Even though he is somewhat nerfed.
Aldo, with abilities of all God Seeds within himself, is that broken

Human Selene isn't human Ignia either. I'm not really impressed with her human form

But, if Mashima writes, Selene wins. So......
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Selene herself has some good hax.
Like what?
BFR is banned in the tournament.

Everything else from Selene seems like straight up combat spells.

The biggest issue would be Wolven, if Aldo can get his hands on Selene, he should be able to take it assuming he can make a clone of who she deems strongest (which can be quite a few people, likely Acno) rather than just taking on that form himself, taking that form himself he'd just be a significantly nerfed Acno which would give Selene trouble with the immunty, but if he's weakened enough, she could take it. However, if Aldo can make an Acno clone, it'd be too much for her, especially if fAcno powers up from her magic. However, Selene can pretty much teleport with the help of her portals which could make her difficult to tag if she spams this.

I think Aldo seed can tag Selene for sure, it's not like he is far below her. Nerfed Aldo seed is probably like 75% Selene in stats.
Aldo seed has some good physical feats (he looks like a mixed physical + caster), while Selene doesn't (she looks more like a caster).

I think it's fair to assume Acno would be strongest in Selene's eyes, based on her own words.

If (nerfed) Acno clone is summoned, I don't see how human Selene is dealing with him.
Aldo can use the Acno clone both offensively, as well as defensively. Defensively cause Acno clone will eat up all of Selene's spells, and buff himself. Offensively cause Selene only has physicals against him, where she is the least impressive while Acno is the most impressive.

The only way human Selene wins this, is if Mashima writes the fight lmao. Which I think is something to consider.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Selene put Aldo-chan back to sleep