Quarterfinal - Aleister Crowley vs. Homura Akemi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Aleister Crowley vs. Homura Akemi

Who wins?

• Aleister Crowley

• Homura Akemi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Campaign coming in tomorrow but remember
Homura is one where you don't even know where she could strike you because of her time stop
You don't even know what's happening and what she doing

Her ability will look just like this

One moment she far away and the second after she right beside you pointing a gun at you

This round campaign
Summary to powers available to homura that are in campaign if you're feeling lazy are:

-A labyrinth that she can control as she wants that as big as the world
-Clara dolls as powerful as magical girls
-A bow that managed to erase the worse witch in one hit
-Memory manipulation
-Time manipulation
-Rewind time
-Seal ability
-And control despair ability that she can make someone host it, aka emotionally destroyed (crippled)

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I watched the Madoka Magica anime a while back (My memory of it is a bit hazy though). I quite liked Homura's character though. Also I didn't watch the movie, though I should make a point of doing that sometime.

So, how does the fight with Aleis-tan pan out? Well, how I see it, there are three ways this fight can pan out :ninja Which would all, ultimately lead to Crowley's victory:

A) Retreating tactics

Which, as we have seen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, is a perfectly valid strategy.

Aleister can simply choose to....run away. But he isn't running away for nothing. Much like Joseph Joestar running away to get into a helicopter in his fight against Kars, here, Aleister would not be merely retreating.
Yes, he's running away to take solitude. In the Windowless Building:

This is the headquarters of Academy City, the building that Aleister lives in. From the outside, it looks like a typical skyscraper, but oh no, don't be fooled. This building is so indestructible, it can resist the most hazardous of things. Such as nuclear explosions. Or world ending disasters. Such as 'Level 6' Misaka:

I say 'Level 6' because Misaka was not quite at that level. She was something close to it? But regardless, if she actually attained Level 6, she would end up destroying herself. As well as Academy City. Yet the Windowless Building would still be standing still.
It can also survive other buildings being thrown against it:

^ In the above video, Accelerator actually used (Part of) the force of the earth's rotation to thrust that building at the Windowless structure. And the Windowless building ended up without as much as a scratch.
The building can also survive being thrust into space (As we see in the fight between Coronzon and Aiwass). This would mean the building is unaffected by frictional forces that occur in the atmosphere. The world could be destroyed as we know it, but the building would still be safe :kukuku
It is the ultimate fortress. A completely unpenetrable defence.

Aleister would be safe and sound, comfortable in his own domain. And btw, he'd have a neko girl attending him too :nod

Meaning, Homura gets tired of trying to tear Crowley apart, and eventually gives up. Goes home. Crowley wins :hug

The inside of the building looks something like this:

Inside, the concepts of time and space do not exist at all. Unless Aleister so wills it. Basically, even trying to do stuff like teleport into the building won't work at all (Only one person is able to do so, and even then that person has to be granted special access/permission by Aleister themselves)

B. The law of relativity
The opponent this time is a girl. A magical girl, right? (Again, excuse me if I got something wrong). Well, To Aru verse has its own magical girl as well :nono A character who was so powerful, that she ended up being abolished from this tournament altogether:eek. Sou, that is the best girl.
Othinus.

She is, a Magical God (girl). As I previously mentioned, this is the peak of magic in the To Aru world. Othinus is so powerful, that her base form (Without Gungnir), is capable of destroying even the likes of Imagine Breaker. And this is the ultimate magical counter weapon btw.
At full power (With Gungnir), Othinus is capable of destroying the world, several times over.

And reshaping it several times over.

And this is the same Othinus who is weaker than the High Priest. The High Priest who ended up losing to Aleister's tactics.
That stipulates that:
Aleister>High Priest>Othinus>=Homura

And Aleister himself stated he could have defeated Othinus, but he preferred to let the world deal with her. At the time when Othinus was destroying and reshaping Touma's world, Aleister was not around. He had hidden away in a pocket dimension (Where the other Magical Gods were). Also, the Windowless Building was pretty much unharmed, so from this what do we learn about Aleister? The literal end of the world would not be enough to defeat him. At all.:p
Aleister didn't go to the pocket dimension to sight see. No, he's not that kind of person. I mentioned it in the previous round against the High Priest, but he went there to personally deal with the Magic Gods. He actually ended up destroying that dimension for good. A world that Othinus was unaware existed. She couldn't even get there by herself.
This is strategy 2, straight out victory :chair

C. The SOL strategy

Aleister uses his trump card, Kamijo Toma.

The main character of the Index franchise, he is a mere level 0. He has no scientific/magical capabilities to speak of. But still, he is an important chess piece in Aleister's plans.

Touma himself is no slouch :nono He's faced all kinds of women in his life. From pure maidens such as Itsuwa:

To battle fanatics such as Mikasa and Oriana:

Add in nuns to the mix as well. The entire series is basically him facing off against female opponents (For the most part), so adding one or two more to the mix wouldn't change anything anyway :hmph
And each time, Touma ended up defeating them. Plus winning them over. So when he meets Homura, what will happen?
She comes to like him. He lets her stay at his place, and grooms her into proper lady :gent One who stays away from battles.
So the enemy ends up being won over. Not through violence. But through love and peace:

Basically, Touma shaves and brings a high school girl home. That is strategy number 3 :pleased

A technique like time stop would not work on Touma. Since he is the current wielder/holder of Imagine Breaker, the moment time is stopped around him, the technique would be immediately be dispelled. Because stopping time in itself is a supernatural ability as well. It's the same reason healing techniques done through supernatural means (Magic) don't work on his body. His right hand immediately dispels them. So stopping time is a technique that would not work on Touma, since he would break out immediately after.

Alternatively, Aleis-tan challenges Homura to a fashion contest. They duke it out to see who has the better drip

This is my shameless attempt at posting Aleister fanart/pics, but do accept it regardless :xp

The end result? Well, see for yourself:

TL: DR - Vote Aleister. For long life and healthier skin :hi

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
To tell the truth out of the remaining contestants only Homura and Aliester,(maybe Aladdin too) are the strongest candidates remaining.

Whoever wins this,i am going to support you till the finals.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I watched the Madoka Magica anime a while back (My memory of it is a bit hazy though). I quite liked Homura's character though. Also I didn't watch the movie, though I should make a point of doing that sometime.

So, how does the fight with Aleis-tan pan out? Well, how I see it, there are three ways this fight can pan out :ninja Which would all, ultimately lead to Crowley's victory:

A) Retreating tactics

Which, as we have seen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, is a perfectly valid strategy.

Aleister can simply choose to....run away. But he isn't running away for nothing. Much like Joseph Joestar running away to get into a helicopter in his fight against Kars, here, Aleister would not be merely retreating.
Yes, he's running away to take solitude. In the Windowless Building:

This is the headquarters of Academy City, the building that Aleister lives in. From the outside, it looks like a typical skyscraper, but oh no, don't be fooled. This building is so indestructible, it can resist the most hazardous of things. Such as nuclear explosions. Or world ending disasters. Such as 'Level 6' Misaka:

I say 'Level 6' because Misaka was not quite at that level. She was something close to it? But regardless, if she actually attained Level 6, she would end up destroying herself. As well as Academy City. Yet the Windowless Building would still be standing still.
It can also survive other buildings being thrown against it:

^ In the above video, Accelerator actually used (Part of) the force of the earth's rotation to thrust that building at the Windowless structure. And the Windowless building ended up without as much as a scratch.
The building can also survive being thrust into space (As we see in the fight between Coronzon and Aiwass). This would mean the building is unaffected by frictional forces that occur in the atmosphere. The world could be destroyed as we know it, but the building would still be safe :kukuku
It is the ultimate fortress. A completely unpenetrable defence.

Aleister would be safe and sound, comfortable in his own domain. And btw, he'd have a neko girl attending him too :nod

Meaning, Homura gets tired of trying to tear Crowley apart, and eventually gives up. Goes home. Crowley wins :hug

The inside of the building looks something like this:

Inside, the concepts of time and space do not exist at all. Unless Aleister so wills it. Basically, even trying to do stuff like teleport into the building won't work at all (Only one person is able to do so, and even then that person has to be granted special access/permission by Aleister themselves)

B. The law of relativity
The opponent this time is a girl. A magical girl, right? (Again, excuse me if I got something wrong). Well, To Aru verse has its own magical girl as well :nono A character who was so powerful, that she ended up being abolished from this tournament altogether:eek. Sou, that is the best girl.
Othinus.

She is, a Magical God (girl). As I previously mentioned, this is the peak of magic in the To Aru world. Othinus is so powerful, that her base form (Without Gungnir), is capable of destroying even the likes of Imagine Breaker. And this is the ultimate magical counter weapon btw.
At full power (With Gungnir), Othinus is capable of destroying the world, several times over.

And reshaping it several times over.

And this is the same Othinus who is weaker than the High Priest. The High Priest who ended up losing to Aleister's tactics.
That stipulates that:
Aleister>High Priest>Othinus>=Homura

And Aleister himself stated he could have defeated Othinus, but he preferred to let the world deal with her. At the time when Othinus was destroying and reshaping Touma's world, Aleister was not around. He had hidden away in a pocket dimension (Where the other Magical Gods were). Also, the Windowless Building was pretty much unharmed, so from this what do we learn about Aleister? The literal end of the world would not be enough to defeat him. At all.:p
Aleister didn't go to the pocket dimension to sight see. No, he's not that kind of person. I mentioned it in the previous round against the High Priest, but he went there to personally deal with the Magic Gods. He actually ended up destroying that dimension for good. A world that Othinus was unaware existed. She couldn't even get there by herself.
This is strategy 2, straight out victory :chair

C. The SOL strategy

Aleister uses his trump card, Kamijo Toma.

The main character of the Index franchise, he is a mere level 0. He has no scientific/magical capabilities to speak of. But still, he is an important chess piece in Aleister's plans.

Touma himself is no slouch :nono He's faced all kinds of women in his life. From pure maidens such as Itsuwa:

To battle fanatics such as Mikasa and Oriana:

Add in nuns to the mix as well. The entire series is basically him facing off against female opponents (For the most part), so adding one or two more to the mix wouldn't change anything anyway :hmph
And each time, Touma ended up defeating them. Plus winning them over. So when he meets Homura, what will happen?
She comes to like him. He lets her stay at his place, and grooms her into proper lady :gent One who stays away from battles.
So the enemy ends up being won over. Not through violence. But through love and peace:

Basically, Touma shaves and brings a high school girl home. That is strategy number 3 :pleased

A technique like time stop would not work on Touma. Since he is the current wielder/holder of Imagine Breaker, the moment time is stopped around him, the technique would be immediately be dispelled. Because stopping time in itself is a supernatural ability as well. It's the same reason healing techniques done through supernatural means (Magic) don't work on his body. His right hand immediately dispels them. So stopping time is a technique that would not work on Touma, since he would break out immediately after.

Alternatively, Aleis-tan challenges Homura to a fashion contest. They duke it out to see who has the better drip

This is my shameless attempt at posting Aleister fanart/pics, but do accept it regardless :xp

The end result? Well, see for yourself:

TL: DR - Vote Aleister. For long life and healthier skin :hi
Does Aleister have Imagine Breaker or not? The campaign words Touma as part of "Aleister's arsenal" (lol).
Also I would like to know how much time does Aleister take to cast or make all these "tactics". If he cannot effectively use them in a fight I dont see where is the problem for Homura.

If he cannot move in stopped time he's also toast. Idk, Im just getting the feeling the arguments are being very "roundaboutish".

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Does Aleister have Imagine Breaker or not? The campaign words Touma as part of "Aleister's arsenal" (lol).
He is the one who initially made it. So yes, it is his creation. The reason Touma has it now is because it manifested in his right hand (Due to Aleister granting it to him). The rules of the tournament state that a character can use all the abilities in their arsenal, so :hmph

Also I would like to know how much time does Aleister take to cast or make all these "tactics". If he cannot effectively use them in a fight I dont see where is the problem for Homura.
Well, he is always in his fortress anyway. He rarely leaves it. Even when he does leave it, he is still inside it. Basically he can be in two places at once.

If he cannot move in stopped time he's also toast.
That's the thing. While he has Imagine Breaker, any and all supernatural attacks are negated. Stopping time counts as one of this (Unless I am misunderstanding how this ability works? )

--
Btw, even if Homura shoots Aleister, that wouldn't take him out. In one of the light novels, one of the main characters caught him off guard. And shot him in the head. And he was still pretty much alright. A mere gun is not enough to take him down :nono

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
He is the one who initially made it. So yes, it is his creation.
I've read most of the Toaru LNs (I've pretty much finished NT and not touched GT yet), I know that Crowley is one of the few people who actually knows what Imagine Breaker is but don't recall it being said that he was involved at all in its 'creation'

I'm not saying that this isn't true, but if you could provide a reference (what novel it was said in, for example) then that'd be very much appreciated
:verily

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I'm not saying that this isn't true, but if you could provide a reference (what novel it was said in, for example) then that'd be very much appreciated
Okay, I apologize since I do not exactly remember the exact novel where it was mentioned :sweat
But you remember the Battle of Blythe Road, with Mathers and the Golden Cabal, right? In that specific fight, Aleister is the only one who was using Imagine Breaker. Though back then it was not in the form of a right hand, but it came in this form:

All the other mages of the Golden specialized in different magic themselves. F.e, Dion had that box that controlled probabilities. And Aleister himself admitted to being a person who was always curious, even as a kid. Considering he is the one who created Academy City and the Imaginary City, it wouldn't be so much a stretch to think he is also the one who invented Imagine Breaker. Even if it was in a raw and unpolished form at the time.
I still have not finished New Testament, but that entire flashback with Aleister and Mathers gave me the impression that was an invention that Aleister came up with by himself.
My two cents :verily

EDIT: To avoid double posting I will just add onto this post. If we run under the assumption that Imagine Breaker is not a creation of Aleister, technically it would still count as one of the weapons in his arsenal. From what we have seen of Imagine Breaker, it can only be wielded by one person at a time (In a certain era). Two people existing in the same time and same place can't use Imagine Breaker. At the end of Old Testament, Touma's right hand is severed by Fiamma of the Right. He tries taking Imagine Breaker into his right hand, but it rejects him. Also in OT 2, in Touma's fight vs Izzard, his right hand gets severed, but it immediately goes back to him. It's not like World Rejecter which can be stolen from the original host.
Considering the fact that Aleister was the only one who was capable of using it when he was in the Golden Cabal, it would be a safe bet to say he was the chosen host for Imagine Breaker at the time.
So even if it is not his creation per se, it should still count as part of his combat arsenal. Thereby abiding by the rules of the tournament :pleased

Last edited:
Reactions: z.5

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks

There's nothing to apologize for - I just was interested in seeing if it had been explicitly stated in the LNs and I hadn't read/remembered it (there's a lot of Toaru and probably an awful lot I have forgotten)

To me, I never thought that he was involved in its creation, but rather was the most knowledgeable about it - leading to him knowing how he should guide/mould Touma/the power, to use it in his various schemes

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
He is the one who initially made it. So yes, it is his creation. The reason Touma has it now is because it manifested in his right hand (Due to Aleister granting it to him). The rules of the tournament state that a character can use all the abilities in their arsenal, so :hmph

Well, he is always in his fortress anyway. He rarely leaves it. Even when he does leave it, he is still inside it. Basically he can be in two places at once.
Thats not an answer to my question, I asked "Does Aleister have Imagine Breaker?"
If he has it then cool, if he doesnt "but" he might have created it or whatever is not cool.

Also I dont get it, in the battle against Daishinkan you said he needs to go into that custom dimension of his to perform those debuffs on the Magic Gods, yet now you say he's in both places at once? :grumble

Votekill Hermit for now.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
To me, I never thought that he was involved in its creation, but rather was the most knowledgeable about it - leading to him knowing how he should guide/mould Touma/the power, to use it in his various schemes
The edited part of my initial post, check it out. That interpretation sounds more satisfactory, I reckon

Also I dont get it, in the battle against Daishinkan you said he needs to go into that custom dimension of his to perform those debuffs on the Magic Gods, yet now you say he's in both places at once? :grumble
Haha, he can exist in two places at once though :p Like z said above. Technically, he can exist all over the world at the same time, due to the Crowley Hazards.
In total, there are 1,083,092,867 versions of Aleister all existing at the same time. Basically, Aleister is:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok ok not going to votelock anytime soon anyway. I want to see what arguments Asako brings.

This is basically Extra-Nerd Mafia Game, isnt it? :lambirb

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just do as I do and vote the one you initially think will win - then change vote last day (if required) once you've read the arguments (if provided - if not, spite vote whoever didn't argue their side)
:invalid

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This is a pretty tough battle. Im really not sure where this can go. But im liking it :verily
Imagine Breaker is a truly broken hax power, but it has its limits from what ive read
Btw, what happens to Aleister in the house, if for example something happens to the one outside. Are they connected or are all the other versions just dolls? A question strictly for academic purposes of course :nerd

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Aliester didn't create Imagine Breaker,as far as I remember IB was with the Cabal Golden Dawn, Aliester used it,IB was in the shape of an Arrow then,in his war.After the battle it disappeared and it again appeared in Touma's hands.What happened in between we don't know.

That's what i remember.

This is a pretty tough battle. Im really not sure where this can go. But im liking it :verily
Imagine Breaker is a truly broken hax power, but it has its limits from what ive read
Btw, what happens to Aleister in the house, if for example something happens to the one outside. Are they connected or are all the other versions just dolls? A question strictly for academic purposes of course :nerd
Nuh their deaths actually optimizes Prime Aliester's powers.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I was actually going to raise this in my next post :XD But Arjuna pretty much explained it. I'll add a bit more though.
--
Ok, so about the Crowley Hazards, no, they are not connected or interlinked. Like I said before, they are all different versions of Aleister that exist. From what I read of Alucard's powers, he has the power of Schrondigers, right? Which allows him to exist in several areas all at once (?) For Aleister, this is something that he achieves with the Hazards themselves. Think of it like basically 1 million+ versions of Aleister, wandering over the whole planet. Like how Voldemort split his soul into the Horcruxes.
But with Aleister, killing any of the Hazards only serves to strengthen his main body. Because the power of the destroyed Hazards pretty much goes back to his main body.
Also before anyone assumes these are like the 1 million Zetsus, think again :nono Each of the Hazards is pretty much dangerous. Aleister used them to attack The United Kingdom, along with all the countries in the Commonwealth. And Britain had to fight back using the power of the Egyptian Gods (Isis, Osiris etc), the Saints, and even the whole military.
The Hazards can only be destroyed by VERY capable people.

Aliester didn't create Imagine Breaker,as far as I remember IB was with the Cabal Golden Dawn, Aliester used it,IB was in the shape of an Arrow then,in his war.After the battle it disappeared and it again appeared in Touma's hands.What happened in between we don't know.

That's what i remember.
See this is what I am getting at too. Aleister was the only one who was capable of using it at the time. So in a way, he was the designated host for IB. None of the other Cabal members could use it (Unless I am mixing up my facts here).
But even then, at the time of the Battle of Blythe Road, Imagine Breaker was in the shape of an arrow. Ollerus told Touma later on that Imagine Breaker pretty much embodies the wills of all the Magicians in the world. Like a starting point of sorts. But regardless, Imagine Breaker HAD to have originated from somewhere, right? And considering the Golden is/was the strongest Magical Cabal in the world at the time, it wouldn't be farfetched to think Aleister is the person who originally created it.
Would also explain why he doesn't want anyone finding out its true form (He attacked Fiamma for this)

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Damn, so swarming you is an option as well.
How does Imagine Breaker work with a swarm? Do all the Alesiter's have that arrow, or just one :hmm

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
How does Imagine Breaker work with a swarm? Do all the Alesiter's have that arrow, or just one :hmm
The one, main body. The initial Aleister before he split off his body. What we refer to as 'Prime Aleister'. A singularity :pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.