Discussion - All For One's Quirk | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion All For One's Quirk

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You’re completely right on creation and that’s why I chose it too. Creation is one of the best quirks in the manga. So much so that Horikoshi gave it to Momo because he thought it was an overpowered ability and would be more interesting on an inexperienced character rather than a pro hero.

It’s such an underrated quirk because it’s not as flashy as the others and Momo uses it in the most boring ways.
TBH within the context of a hero I am not entirely sure of whether this quirk is overpowered. Partly because there are no clear limits to what the quirk can or can't do. So far its limitations are... momo's knowledge and her fat levels. The quirk also limits momo is that it provides no physical augmentations whatsoever, thus her physical capacity can only be that of a normal human within BNHAverse. Momo is also severely limited by the law. If she starts fighting crime by making gold gadgets then she is bound to crash the world's economy. Overall even in the best case scenario for momo to abuse her quirk to its fullest she needs technical expertise so as to make sufficiently useful and powerful things out of it. So far she has made some useful stuff but making ropes and tape is pretty basic in a world where children are able to make midoriya's gadgets. Pretty sure guns wouldn't really be allowed for her. Momo would actually be better off if she left the hero course and joined the support department, where she'd get the technical expertise to fully abuse her quirk on the field.

Now, in this scenario it works mostly because you wouldn't be bound by morals or ethics and you have other tools to fully abuse it. And even then, the stuff outside rewind, overhaul, dupli arm and flight is almost unnecessary considering the sheer extent to which you can manipulate matter at will at that point. Though it is fair to say that advanced scientific knowledge would really further how insane the combination is.

Pr0teu5

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
TBH within the context of a hero I am not entirely sure of whether this quirk is overpowered. Partly because there are no clear limits to what the quirk can or can't do. So far its limitations are... momo's knowledge and her fat levels. The quirk also limits momo is that it provides no physical augmentations whatsoever, thus her physical capacity can only be that of a normal human within BNHAverse. Momo is also severely limited by the law. If she starts fighting crime by making gold gadgets then she is bound to crash the world's economy. Overall even in the best case scenario for momo to abuse her quirk to its fullest she needs technical expertise so as to make sufficiently useful and powerful things out of it. So far she has made some useful stuff but making ropes and tape is pretty basic in a world where children are able to make midoriya's gadgets. Pretty sure guns wouldn't really be allowed for her. Momo would actually be better off if she left the hero course and joined the support department, where she'd get the technical expertise to fully abuse her quirk on the field.

Now, in this scenario it works mostly because you wouldn't be bound by morals or ethics and you have other tools to fully abuse it. And even then, the stuff outside rewind, overhaul, dupli arm and flight is almost unnecessary considering the sheer extent to which you can manipulate matter at will at that point. Though it is fair to say that advanced scientific knowledge would really further how insane the combination is.
I’d actually have to agree more with your first statement and say that Momo is fairly bad at using creation, and that it causes some people, myself included to underrate the quirk.

Even if there are restrictions due to Momo being a hero, the quirk is still at least a direct upgrade to any quirk that works by producing something.

For example, Momo should at least be able to produce Bakugo’s Nitro sweat, Mina’s acid, Mustard’s Gas, and Midnights Gas. She could also do things like producing amor over her skin like Tetsutetsu, producing blades from her body etc.

Creation is actually broken.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I’d actually have to agree more with your first statement and say that Momo is fairly bad at using creation, and that it causes some people, myself included to underrate the quirk.

Even if there are restrictions due to Momo being a hero, the quirk is still at least a direct upgrade to any quirk that works by producing something.

For example, Momo should at least be able to produce Bakugo’s Nitro sweat, Mina’s acid, Mustard’s Gas, and Midnights Gas. She could also do things like producing amor over her skin like Tetsutetsu, producing blades from her body etc.

Creation is actually broken.
That's... a good point. Though I think there are some nuances which make the quirk not as useful as you think when it comes to imitating other quirks. I think you are right in that momo theoretically being able to imitate other quirks that produce stuff but she still lacks the inherent body adaptations that make the quirks viable for others. For example, bakugo can produce a nitroglycerin like substance via his sweat glands which explodes to great effect. But bakugo for example doesn't burn his hands when using the quirk. Or todoroki... he doesn't burn his face when releasing his flames (though neither is exactly flame retardant). With that in mind, it's pretty clear momo could produce nitroglycerin or even the same substance which bakugo produces but she wouldn't necessarily be able to have it explode directly on her skin without burning herself.

Or take tetsu.... His quirk isn't merely an armor, his quirk is to turn his body into actual metal. If he had a metal armor then good old todoroki would have charred his insides and left nothing but a flaming metal husk. So for example, momo could produce a momo shaped armor... But she wouldn't be able to move properly unless its extremely well made and even then she wouldn't be able to take todoroki's heat because she simply produced an external armor. She could produce blades from her body but she couldn't be something like a porcupine as the blades would fall off. She'd need to create blades and something like a piece of armor for them to stick to to get that effect. She could be highly effective as a stain like combatant and produce unlimited blades to throw at people. I suppose the gas midnight produces is a possibility but she'd be at risk of breathing in the gas herself so she'd at least need a gas mask of her own. She could probably produce acid of her body but odds are it'd burn her and she certainly won't be able to control it like mina does. So when it comes to dangerous chemicals she is probably limited to making them within vials which can safely contain them. Like when she made fungicide. I assume she could perfectly reproduce mineta's quirk... perhaps even easily surpass him.