Discussion - All purpose Art Contest Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion All purpose Art Contest Discussion

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
News update:

Hello guys, voting for November's art contest has begun! Apologies for being a couple days behind on starting the voting process and the new contests. Thanks to Alphabeta for the reminder.

Voting will be for two categories:

[Voting] November's Creative Writing Contest

[Voting] November's Original Colored Art Contest!

We also have the new December months contest up and running. After voting, don't forget to take part in the new contests as well!!

Thanks to everyone who took part so far and good luck!!

---------- Post added December 08, 2011 at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2011 at 04:37 PM ----------

News update:

Art contest winners results are out for November's contests. We have a few winners.

Read the news post here and please don't forget to take part in the new contests.

kdowns

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Charlie, When will the Fall Seasonal Contest for the winners go up?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll try to get it after or around December 30th.

Komoyo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Cambodia
How do i enter in one?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do i enter in one?
Hello Komoyo and welcome to MH~!

Just click on any threads marked with a [submission] prefix here . There are about 5 contests threads you can enter, follow the rules in the first post in each of the thread contest you choose to enter and make a submission in the contest.

---------- Post added December 13, 2011 at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was December 10, 2011 at 05:40 PM ----------

News update

- Mh Christmas banner header contest is up and running! Please take part by creating a special X mas banner for mh! This will be the last Christmas for everyone before 2012 :p.

See contest thread here.

---------- Post added January 02, 2012 at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was December 13, 2011 at 02:40 PM ----------

News

Hey everyone - just an update here. The monthly art contest for January is already running. It was extended from the last month. Please don't forget to take part.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Folks have no motivation to participate. I'm talking about the creative writing part now.

It's a cool idea to make the contests on a monthly basis, but the other side of the coin is, that the contest itself lost "importance". It's like having the soccer worlcup every 6 month. That's one point. Another is the lack of readers. I get the feeling that the only people who read the works are the people who submitted them. And another thing I think is worth mentioning is the "theme". I believe it should be a specific genre and not type.

Also, maybe people should actually sign up for the contest, because it a little stupid when I'm about to spend a respectively large amount of time on a piece, and I don't even know if there will be other people participating in the first place. But a list of signed-up participants gives them some sort of confidence that they'll have at least some rivalry in this event.

That aside, this whole creative writing contest is a cool idea. I've read a few good things here. And I'm hoping to see some more.

Just my 2 cents.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Folks have no motivation to participate. I'm talking about the creative writing part now.

It's a cool idea to make the contests on a monthly basis, but the other side of the coin is, that the contest itself lost "importance". It's like having the soccer worlcup every 6 month. That's one point. Another is the lack of readers. I get the feeling that the only people who read the works are the people who submitted them. And another thing I think is worth mentioning is the "theme". I believe it should be a specific genre and not type.

Also, maybe people should actually sign up for the contest, because it a little stupid when I'm about to spend a respectively large amount of time on a piece, and I don't even know if there will be other people participating in the first place. But a list of signed-up participants gives them some sort of confidence that they'll have at least some rivalry in this event.

That aside, this whole creative writing contest is a cool idea. I've read a few good things here. And I'm hoping to see some more.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input and suggestion Alpha. I'm always up for suggestions and improvements. The lack of participation is something to work on so we can get more members taking part.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I think having it as a Seasonal Contest actually is what benifitted it the most... Yet we are still waiting for the Fall one to be posts to see...

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I promise to participate!

I've never been a good writer, but writing lyrics is something I want to do, so I'll try. :amuse

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Maybe a possible way to increase the popularity would be to re-instablish the awards for winning a contest. Obviously, the "weight" of an award was higher, when the contests were seasonal, but now that they're monthly there's nothing you can do about it.

Because right now, even if a person actually wins a contest... it's like it never happened. I mean, no one except the other participants and the few people who checked out the contest will know that he/she won. It's like fighting for your own sake. You don't get any recoginition form the rest of the community.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Just wanted to add, that if it's not possible to make MH wide awards, it might be usefull to make a local Hall of Fame Sticky Thread, which would be at least some kind of recognition.

Last edited:

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well Alpha, Originally The winners of the Monthly Contest would move on to a seasonal Contest for the Award Badge...

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well Alpha, Originally The winners of the Monthly Contest would move on to a seasonal Contest for the Award Badge...
And in order for that to happen people have to actually participate in the contests to win. Anyway, this is my first time hearing of winners of the monthly contests going to seasonal one's. I haven't seen any seasonal contests since Spring 2011 Contests. :headscratch

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
truth be told I haven't either

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
:sweat

Due to the lack of participation in the contests - I was not able to do a seasonal one yet.

I'm taking suggestions and will try to get something - going soon.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
About the monthly/seasonal contest relationship.

For starters, if we make it that way, that only people who won the monthly contests can participate in the seasonal contests, there will be only three participants in a seasonal contest (equal to the amount of monthly contest winners). That aside, there's not guarantuee that the person who won a monthly contest has the time/will/motivation to participate in a seasonal one. Worst case scenario. None of the three "monthly winners" will participate in the seasonal contest.

Thus, seasonal contest have to be opened for everyone until the amount of people who want to participate in the monthly contests will be sufficient enough to "axe" some of them for the seasonal one's.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well Creative Writing wise I think we have 4 entries for the seasonal contest?

The individual piece that won the monthly contest gets entered into the Seasonal I thought, not an entirely new piece.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well Creative Writing wise I think we have 4 entries for the seasonal contest?

The individual piece that won the monthly contest gets entered into the Seasonal I thought, not an entirely new piece.
So it's more like an additional voting round, rather than a whole contest... I see...

Still, the monthly contests had one set theme, so people could easily compare, but if the three respective monthly contests had three different themes than you can't really compare their winners...

too hard to understand, I know :sweatdrop

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
News update:

I've updated and extended the art contest threads to the next month's dead line. Sorry for the delay, should have updated this a few days back - :iik.

We could use some creative writing contest entries and I think at-least one more black and white contest entry so we can vote on the piece in the black and white contest. Thanks to everyone who submitted an art work - :hug. After the current dead line we'll have a seasonal contest then I'm going to revamp the art contest to make it simpler and easier along with using the suggestion there were mentioned here.

In the meantime, if you have not entered any of the available art contest - please enter. Looking forward to see who comes on top in March.

Good luck everyone!!

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
might also try black and white if I still have time , already have a sketch for it but am too tired to work on it now

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The black and white is lacking, Aneki. We should both enter. XD

I don't think I'll have any time to do something that would compete with Googz's shit very well, but I'll try my best to come up with something.