Third Place - Allen Walker vs. Marian Cross | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Third Place Allen Walker vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Allen Walker

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Allen Walker
D.Gray-Man
Marian Cross
D.Gray-Man

Great Finale- The Husbandos will fight it out in their own 1 vs. 1 Battle thread.
- The battle will be decided with a poll.
- You are allowed to vote for one Husbando.
- After 5 days, the Husbando with the most votes will win.
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Before a campaign, a bit of spam:

Not-so-bad-looking Allen

Dork Allen:

Cute Allen:

Good-with-waifu Allen:

Kind Allen:

Angry Allen:

Long-haired Allen:

Friendly Allen:

Pat Allen:

Allen :blushbirb

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st Congrats @revo to have made it that far, wish you the best luck :)

Master vs disciple :arf anyway, thats my last post here please support him onegai :wtf

video campaigns

Please have a look to the videos, it really hurts to take that much time and to see those efforts wasted bc almost noone is watching them.

Music : Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo (the Musician) original version by Sanae Kobayashi
in case the enbedded video doesnt work, heres a link :
Code:
https://streamable.com/ggz5k

Music: The Musician D-Gray man (Eng version, by Amalee)
In case the video doesnt work click on this link
Code:
https://streamable.com/ukd4p

Im so tired of campaigning, lol. Again, i dont have a lot to say, i have already mentioned all the qualities that makes Marian an outstanding husbando in previous campaigns, im basically reviewing my previous thoughts.

• Part 1

Marian's character and overall description

So who is Marian ? Marian Cross is a very strong (possibly the strongest exorcist in DGM or one of them), upright, caring & charismatic guy, it's not your average guy who could be easily be manipulated. And he’s a kind & pleasant man despite he tends to not show his caring side too much.​
What’s makes him a likeable character is, not only, he’s funny, manly, protective hot, but above all, i lovehis demeanour, how he's not just an obedient puppy as a general, he's the kind of guy who questions a lot, even authority (the Order).​

he is a man of knowledge (a scientist), and despite acting tough, he’s a goodhearted guy, who took care of a child who’s not even his, he mentored Allen and developped eventually a father-child relationship with him, he btw is the one who made Tim and gave it to Allen (to those who aren’t familiar with DGM.​

According to Hoshino (quoting wiki) : "Cross regards Allen as his own child, and thinks that Allen is cute". In turn, Allen was very distraught when he saw all the blood in Cross' room, believing him to be dead [...]The anime changed their relationship, adding fillers of Cross being more cruel to Allen than he was in the manga. Examples including Cross running off and leaving Allen to be beaten by thugs. Forcing him to gamble for money when he wasn't in need of any due to living off of rich lovers.​
[...]​
There are some key differences in Cross portrayal with the anime and the manga. The former added in filler episodes and events, or changed things, to play up Cross as being a bad person, and villainized him more than Hoshino's manga characterization.”​

People think Marian is not enough good because of his so-called womanizer side, Hoshino said :“Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”, indeed he is a naturally gallant man but the anime emphasizes that much more and makes him look like a womanizer, which is not exactly whats in the original material and made him look maybe slightly bad, while actually he’s not even close to be a pervert like Jiraya despite some similitudes (like father figure/mentoring etc.). He's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. Also being interested in women dont make him bad, he’s not commited in some relationships or whatever, Afaik so there’s nothing wrong, its not as if he was cheating. Many characters are like this, calling him bad because of that is quite hyprocritical and double standards. Anyway he’s a protective gentleman towards women quite like Sanji. Marian didnt do anything wrong, has no human killing records as far as i know, has not been embroiled in any inhuman thing. Some people might think hes a grayish character, because hes mysterious, but hes in the good side, and acoording to Hoshino, hes probably the character know the most in DGM story.​

• Part 2

A caring father figure

For some reasons not needed here in the campaign, Marian had to take Allen (who was an abused child) from a circus where he was working to the place where he was staying (a kind of house/orphanage). And despite he never get to take care of a child, he started to get attached to him, and he took care about him as a father would do with his own child. He was also the one who gave him a name. He used to washing his sheet, preparing meals, and staying at his side whenever he needed and create a father-son bond with him. Thats an important trait husbando qualities wise.
not only he provides parental duties, but he gave to the child who never get to be loved some affection. But even Allen presence was something Marian needed, and changed him somehow, Mother (the lady working in the place) said about Marian: despite seeing him off countless times, in the past before, the memory of that man’s radiance, in the sun that day, remains with me even now” !
He even gave Timcampy to Allen, at 1st to help him to sleep, then when Allen left for the Black Order, to give him a companion and a guide, as Tim was created by Marian, it was a way for him to keep “in touch” with him.

Some manga pages to illustrate how Marian was a caring figure :

Cross giving the name walker to Allen :

Marian Cross raising, feeding, washing Allen's sheets :

From DGM fanbook, love this drawing.

Thats what was Marian to Allen and how much he care about him, and a man who can cares that much of a child with a tragic past which is not even his, will do at least that much, if not more for his waifu. not only he is caring, funny and kindhearted, but hes among the strongest exorcist, and one of the most knowledgeable man of the story, and therefore he is qualified as a great husbando, not to mention that hes also such an handsome guy, the hottest of the manga, imo.
[/img]https://i.imgur.com/VGbQsbF.gif[/img]

• Part 3

Sure hes is character who has flaws, I already told this too, but im far from being perfect so i wont expect a husbando to be so, and hopefully noone with a little common sense wants a perfect husbando or waifu, perfection is boring, flaws is what make people interesting.​
But Marian have so much redeemable qualities, he is so caring, funny, so clever and so hot, that it makes him a really great husbando. Also, I like hes way of acting and thinking, he is not the Headquarter's obedient dog, its really a man who acts freely and who doesnt give a dam to authority and doesnt trust easily, but who still has a sense of duty.​

Let's talk a little about the gorgeous Anita, his sole love interest know in the manga, she went to such lenght to the point of sacrificing her own life for his sake, that proves how much he deserves her love and dedication. Marian was truly upset when he knew, and say this about good women.​

Anita 's amazing design

So to summarize Marian, is an amazing, clever, strong and protective man and a great mentor. He's caring, he's not a puppy guy, but he can cooks, do the housework, raise a child, hes funny, courteous and well mannered especially when it comes to ladies, and the last but not the least hes hot and manly, i mean, he's not a kind of emo or anything, hes a real man, like any woman would expect a man to be. :blush

Im really sad Marian didnt make it to the final, he's such an underrated character, despite being so amazing, but its ok, hope people will get more to know him and will appreicate him more.​
Please support him for this last battle ! :zomg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.