Voting Round 1 - Alucard vs. Tanjiro Kamado | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Alucard vs. Tanjiro Kamado

Who wins?

• Alucard

• Tanjiro Kamado

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
If Tanjiro wins this, I'm not following the tourney to the end. That would mean this is just another popularity poll, and people didn't even consider the fight itself.

Alucard wins before he has even time to blink. Tanjiro has nothing that could even hit him.
Nearly everyone here voted for Alucard though.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well, most of commenters atleast. I don't see the poll results so who knows.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
At first i wasnt sure whom to vote, cuz i know Tanjiro's full capabilities but had no idea what Alucard can even do. Which is why i asked for clarification about Alucard's powers. Primarily clarification on that paradoxal stuff.
Looking at just the ability alone and its somewhat clarification, logically Tanjiro has nothing that could hurt that vampire lol

Btw another question for the Hellsing experts.
That paradoxal power with the "cat". Is the cat a soul that Alucard absorbed?
If its a soul and the power comes from that soul, what would happen if said soul was extracted from Alucard?
Would he still have that power?

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That paradoxialthing is canon? From what i did understand of alucards powers, is that he can recreate the person which then attacks and bows to his will. Like that carddude and that entire army.

Do we have a source, where it is stated, that he is now everywhere? Schrödinger shouldnt be a passive ability in my book. (but its some time i went deep into hellsing, maybe should go for a walk)

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Do we have a source, where it is stated, that he is now everywhere?

Schrödinger shouldnt be a passive ability in my book. (but its some time i went deep into hellsing, maybe should go for a walk)
Pretty sure it is one - the only reason that The General's plan worked VS Alucard was that it was a passive power - as soon as Alucard absorbed Schrödinger he gained the power, it triggered automatically and Alucard ceased to be

As for separating Alucard from Schrödinger's powers, I'm not sure it's possible to separate him from it - but, even assuming it is, Tanjiro can't kill him

Reckon that debate can happen when/if Alucard faces someone with powers that could be argued to have the power to strip that passive ability from Alucard

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Reckon that debate can happen when/if Alucard faces someone with powers that could be argued to have the power to strip that passive ability from Alucard

So just this one sentence? While admitting he killed everyone he absorbed? That is quite a stretch, i would interpret it more like, that he doesnt know where he even is anymore, because was busy killing all his absorbed souls.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If he didn't know where he was then he wouldn't be able to reappear - he only ceased to be because he didn't know where he was in the maelstrom of souls

It's not a stretch, it's written fairly plainly as far as I can see
Alucard: "Now I am everywhere and nowhere"
Meaning - Alucard is now everywhere and nowhere

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
At first i wasnt sure whom to vote, cuz i know Tanjiro's full capabilities but had no idea what Alucard can even do. Which is why i asked for clarification about Alucard's powers. Primarily clarification on that paradoxal stuff.
Looking at just the ability alone and its somewhat clarification, logically Tanjiro has nothing that could hurt that vampire lol

Btw another question for the Hellsing experts.
That paradoxal power with the "cat". Is the cat a soul that Alucard absorbed?
If its a soul and the power comes from that soul, what would happen if said soul was extracted from Alucard?
Would he still have that power?
I think with his abilities Tanjirou could hurt him, but Alucard would be able to regenerate.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
For me its just a phrase, like being high on the killing. Schrödinger wasnt mentioned at all there, i understand the thoughtprocess of the entire thing, but i just dont believe it.

But going with that, since he killed everything in himself in order to get to that point, he isnt immortal anymore and has just that one life to give.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nope, nowhere is it stated in the manga that his immortality is tied to the number of souls in his body - in fact, the manga suggests pretty strongly that the immortality is Alucard's ability alone (that and the fact that none of the regular methods for killing vampires work on Alucard)

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think with his abilities Tanjirou could hurt him, but Alucard would be able to regenerate.
I see.
From what ive seen in this thread, the paradox stuff makes him omnipresent right. So Tanjiro could hurt him, but that would only be a small part of Alucard. There is still Alucard somewhere else, even .... in the minds of people ??? But also the Alucard that Tanjiro hurt wasnt really hurt .... cuz he is not really there???

Im still scratching my head with this ability lol :xp

Reactions: z.5

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Could be, i have something ringing in my head "nice, now do it 3 million more times", but could be from the abridged version.

ope, nowhere is it stated in the manga that his immortality is tied to the number of souls in his body
Like his abilitylink with Schrödinger is nowhere really mentioned?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Like his abilitylink with Schrödinger is nowhere really mentioned?
Honestly, if you are not trolling (and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are serious), I doubt there is anything I could show or tell you as I'm not really sure if we are even reading the same manga as each other
:blink

Rather than wasting time/talking in circles, how about we just leave it here?

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh i am not trolling, i´m just curious. We give alucard here an extremly op ability and its all based on one sentence from himself? Thats just a big stretch to get my head around. We never really saw it work or be proper explained, isnt that the case?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm still scratching my head with this ability lol :xp
Yeah, it's a head-scratcher, that's for sure

Oh i am not trolling, i´m just curious. We give alucard here an extremly op ability and its all based on one sentence from himself? Thats just a big stretch to get my head around. We never really saw it work or be proper explained, isnt that the case?
As I said, happy to give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't

As for the ability:
  • We saw it work plenty with Schrödinger
  • We saw it take Alucard out - and had the reason why it worked on Alucard (when nothing else did) clearly explained
  • We even had the explanation of how Alucard 'broke his way out of that state of nothingness'
Is it OP - insanely
Is it more OP than some abilities in this tournament? Well, that's to be seen, I guess

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope, nowhere is it stated in the manga that his immortality is tied to the number of souls in his body - in fact, the manga suggests pretty strongly that the immortality is Alucard's ability alone (that and the fact that none of the regular methods for killing vampires work on Alucard)
Yes, this is one of the strangest aspects. People speculate about the limits of his powers but they are never shown. Level zero was him releasing all the souls he had in his body and he was still able to instantly regenerate from attacks. I honestly even wonder how they defeated him in the past although it's heavily implied that he was significantly weaker back then ( I quite don't remember all the details).

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don’t know how they adapted quantum mechanics to give Alucard those powers (that’s where Schrödinger’s cat comes from), however, in quantum mechanics, you do not know a partical’s position or its momentum unless you ‘observe’ it. Even then you can know only one or the other, not both. That would make Alucard very difficult to hit. Tanjiro, however might be a sort of natural enemy for Alucard since his main ability is that detection ability, allowing Tanjiro to ‘observe’ Alucard, and thus lock down his position or his momentum. Tanjiro could hit him if he wasn’t moving or dodge him if he was. I don’t know if he could hurt Alucard, but maybe someone who knows Alucard could answer that one.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t know how they adapted quantum mechanics to give Alucard those powers (that’s where Schrödinger’s cat comes from), however, in quantum mechanics, you do not know a partical’s position or its momentum unless you ‘observe’ it. Even then you can know only one or the other, not both. That would make Alucard very difficult to hit. Tanjiro, however might be a sort of natural enemy for Alucard since his main ability is that detection ability, allowing Tanjiro to ‘observe’ Alucard, and thus lock down his position or his momentum. Tanjiro could hit him if he wasn’t moving or dodge him if he was. I don’t know if he could hurt Alucard, but maybe someone who knows Alucard could answer that one.
Tossing the Omnipresence thing aside. Tanjiro could and would hit Alucard depending on the mood he is in. Fighting is one of the few things that gives his immortal life any meaning. Gaining a challenge from a fight even more so. So I could see Alucard allowing Tanjiro to hit him a few times before he changes tactics. When he allows his opponents to seemingly gain the upper hand, he uses psychological warfare to break their mental state. Since no other vampire in the Hellsing manga can use his level sorcery, illusions etc. It's like seeing an Eldritch horror and going insane.

It's debatable, IIRC, if his release states are really a thing or apart of his mind games he uses the break people's spirits. I could see Alucard just doing it for shits and giggles.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think to defeat Alucard either you have to deal conceptual or existence erasure type attacks or you have to destroy the universe Alucard is in.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
It's loosely goosey, but still sounds like a chicken Tanjiro has no chance of choking

His state of existence is pretty confusing - and it's gonna make any discussion about 'killing' him/causing him to cease to be rather a mind-fuck

As I said before, I'm still not quite sure how he 'existed' when he 'didn't' (as in, when his Schrödinger powers couldn't recognise themselves and so made the being known as Alucard cease to be) - to be able to kill all the souls inside himself, to find himself, when he was 'nothing'...

All I know is that he did - and that it'll make his next fight(s?) rather interesting
... and, in all likelihood, interestingly subjective

Honestly, I reckon that 'he just is' is probably the best answer you will get to questions like this
:invalid
It's kinda funny that you use this expression since it is similar to the one the judeo-christian god uses as his name when Moses hits that burning bush.

I'd even argue that when it comes to feats the Schrödinger power up is actually a nerf since he got rid of batteries/souls but instead he gained true immortality, which is kinda ironic for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.