Wanted: Artist - Amateur Writer looking for artist! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Wanted: Artist Amateur Writer looking for artist!

Mattyboi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey, my names Matty, i'm 19 from canada and I'm currenty unemployed.

Awhile ago (7-8 Months) I got a message from one of my old teachers from High-school, with the caption "Why not try writing?"

During school I was... well I wasn't very good, I skipped alot of classes, and didn't attend school, however one of my teachers always urged me to do the best I could, and despite the fact I dropped out and decided to persue a GED instead, she kept pushing me forward.. In one of my final exams for English 20 I wrote a short story titled
"Fly Icarus"
It was based on the idea of a poem called "I Icarus" by Alden Nowlan clever huh? haha.
Anyway I wrote about a boy who was different, he always tried to reach higher then anyone before him, and by doing so encouraged all the kids around him to try their best, when things got hard for icarus, he found hope by helping the poor, before he knew it he could fly, and with these new found wings, he kept reaching higher, and higher, always doing his best to urge others to persue their dreams.

as this is a summary you don't get too much of the idea, but after writing this story, I recieved a final mark of 100% on my final exam, with a note attatched in the e-mail
"Why not try writing?" She told me that she thought the detail in my story was on a university level and that I should try maybe persuing a career as an author. I hadn't given it much thought as I thought she was just being a teacher. Until a friend of mine told me this.

"YO! dude, my sister was in Mrs.A's class today, and apparently a short story you wrote back in 11th grade was used as a reference for proper writing technique"

When I heard this I couldn't believe it. so I started writing more and more, and with my hook into anime/manga I've decided that I want to try something new.

I'm looking for a like minded artist, someone who is willing to kick me in the butt when my stories don't make sense, but is also capable of bringing my stories to life. This isn't very good but I wrote a "Brief" blurp of a story for reference to any artists out there.

"I've never been "Normal", it seems I've always been the odd-one out. I mean, it probably has something to do with the annoying markings I have... you see since birth I've been cursed to say the least with the markings of my clan, they almost look like battle scars, but I'm only 16 I haven't even seen outside my station, let alone seen the battle's that go on outside it... Kreela used to be a place of peace, but now.... now it's almost like a post-apocalyptic world, where nothing can be solved peacefully. I've tried reasoning with Father, but as a general in Kreela's army he doesn't seem to understand that problems within our station, and the others surrounding Kreela can be solved through discussion, almost like the humans used to do it. Democracy... a word our people have long forgotten... i used to think I was the only one who thought this way... untill I met her. Back in our last semester of the 8th year of teachings, I met this girl, Jazz, boy was she something, from her long blonde hair, to the length of her legs, heck, even her markings were attractive, not so war like... you could almost call them romantic. a star on one side with one mark through it to symbolize her star knight clan, and one heart, symbolizing her compassion. I wish our family's markings were as simple as that, not so war like just.. direct and to the point, showing what clan we were part of. My names Dan, i'm the second son of General Kren, First in command of the 4th squad army of Kreela, and as I said, to others.. I look like a monster. My markings are symbols passed down from my grandfather, 4 lines overlapping my eyelid to symbolize the war veteran inside our family, and a gash that was given to every child of the Kindrea clan, as painful as it was, it's what our clan does to show the world how fierce we are, I'd always thought I would never have anyone to comfort me, no friend... no lover.. not untill Jazz came to me, the look in her eye was heartbreaking... "Dan, can I ask you something?" I didn't raise my head that moment. I was too confused as to what was going on, Jazz talking to me? that's preposterous she wouldn't recognize me, i'm a nobody, the Star Knights are one of the most powerful clans in Kreela.. let alone our station, I mean, alone her father has enough power to crush station 12, yet shes talking to me? "Dan, are you awake?" I rose as quickly as I could too find one blue... and one violet eye staring back at me.. heterochromia, I never noticed it..
"Is something wrong? your face is all red, are you sick"
Before I could say anything I felt Jazz's forehead touch mine. I violently shot back
"W-What are you doing?!"
"I just figured I'd see if you had a fever, but you seem to be fine" She chuckled looking back at me."

It's not the best but Im definetly hoping to improve. if anyone out there thinks they'd be willing to work with me PM me or E-mail me I'll be checking this frequently as I think this is something I want to do!

Last edited:

thewriter197

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I want to write for you (thewriter197).

Hi, (thewriter197)

--I want to do some writing work for you.

--I have experience in doing fantasy writing for (comics, horror, fantasy stories, movies, story concepts, and more).

--I also have experience in writing (business, business advertisements, history, research, and science articles).

--My fee for performing this work is negotiable. I usually charge between ($5-$25) for each writing project. I am willing to work within your financial budget.

--View some of my writing work at ( https://thewriter197.deviantart.com/).

--View my blog at http://thewirter197-fantasystories.blogspot.com/

--Message me on this forum or by email.

Name: thewriter197

Deviantart: https://thewriter197.deviantart.com/

Blog: http://thewirter197-fantasystories.blogspot.com/

Email: tgtruman@gmail.com

Mangaman390

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi dude man im not a pro but i have alot of knowledge in manga drawing. I will be glad to help you and take no charge. Im on your age so it could realy work good. If you interested send me message to animedrive2017@gmail.com