Discussion - America Arc-Overview | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion America Arc-Overview

Favorite scientific invention?

• Guns/Bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Submarine

• Polygraph

• Aeroplane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
So, as it was officially confirmed in the chapter that came out yesterday (Chapter 171), the America arc has come to an end, spanning 32 chapters (Chapter 139, all the way to Chapter 171).
Seeing as the arc has come to a conclusion, what would you say has been your:
Favorite American character
Favorite member of the KOS (Kingdom of Science)
Least favorite character of the arc
Favorite scientific invention
Favorite three moments this arc
Least favorite moment of the arc
Most emotional moment
MVP of the arc
Overall arc rating

Personally;
Favorite American character: Luna
Favorite member of the KOS: Tsukasa
Least favorite character: Senku (Will expound more on this later)
Favorite scientific invention: Ice cream, though I know this will be unpopular somewhat :XD
Favorite three moments:
- The flashback between Senku and Xeno. Those were some brilliant chapters in hindsight.
- Luna asking Senku out. Sucker for these developments in manga :blai
- Ryusui pilot shenanigans. Was really epic seeing him show off his pilot skills.

Least favorite moment: Senku getting into a plane, despite not being fully healthy :oh Really, I wish someone else had taken his place.
MVP of the arc: Gen. His bluff about the petrification device ended up being what saved their lives at the end.
Most emotional moment: Farewell between Senku's group and Yuzuriha's group
Overall arc rating: 6.5/10. The arc started off rather well, but the rushing from chapter 160 onwards ended up being somewhat detrimental. I do wish more time had been spent in developing the drill/submarine.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
  1. Between Xeno and Luna. Probably Xeno, though it's because of the recent chapters. Before I didn't really like him much.
  2. Senkuu, of course 👨‍🔬 .
  3. Max. Hasn't really done anything yet.
  4. Not sure...
  5. Chrome becoming the lead scientist ; Xeno thinking about the possibility of Senkuu working with him before deciding to kill him; Senkuu's reunion with Senkuu. There is the Tsukasa ambush as well.
  6. No idea.
  7. The Chrome as lead scientist moment.
  8. Senkuu. Hard to surpass him really, but second is Chrome I guess or Francois.
  9. 7/10 for now.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Seraph @Demonspeed @Sanity Check @Wookitake

You guys want to try this out? :p As we wait patiently for the spoilers to come out
Sure, i can give this a try. Let's see,

1. Favorite American Character:
Probably Xeno, had i been going by sheer presence and badassery i had picked Stanley Snyder for sure, but Xeno has 2-3 things going for him in my opinion right now which would be his Sheer Potential of being a future ally to the Kingdom of Science. The way he worked and brainstormed with Senku and Chrome was hilarious but nice to see, he fits into the group chemistry and a Scientist Trio would be cool. He would be competition for Ryusui in terms of lead figures in the KoS. The other factors working for him are the Mystery Factor, because we still do not really know why and how exactly he changed his views on Science. He was a kind man helping Senku with his Rocket and when he was old enough to visit America Xeno had changed drastically, he wanted to be more of a Dictator than someone that wants to use Science for good. He's given some vague pointers as to why he changed but that's not enough for me, Senku may convert him soon, the third and last factor is the way how he and Senku appear to be similar but their methods couldn't be more different from another. They both have a long time friend in Taiju and Stanley etc. I think these parallels are really nice to see and make him more interesting as a character for me.:teach

2. Favorite Member of the Kingdom of Science:
Chrome, gotta be him for me although Tsukasa and Gen are close seconds in this arc for me. Chrome has been really showing his growth in this arc i felt like, he has always been progressing but he really has made a breakthrough in terms of character development since the ending of Treasure Island for me. Always cheerful, sometimes a bit chaotic but always has his sights and hopes out for his friends. Delivers incredibly memorable dialogue, one liners and always knows how to stand up for himself,his friends and doesn't shy away from confronting the big bad bosses either as seen with Xeno and Tsukasa before. A real man, and the soon to be greatest Scientist in the series. I just know it.:verily

3. Least favorite Character of the Arc:
Hard to say, probably one of the goons running after Luna. Carlos and Max were their names right? It's not that i find them useless or inconsequential but for some reason they just don't fit in well for me. They seem a tad too much like the guys chasing after Amaryllis and we all remember that these guys weren't all too useful other than comic relief inbetween sometimes.

4. Favorite Scientific Invention:
I think i liked the Drill Invention the most, Chrome really showed his skills and knowledge there, if not for Senku informing him that the Drill was already invented back in their day then he would've actually invented the Drill by himself. And he still somewhat did, but in the Stone Age. :XD The entire plan around the Drill was incredible and seeing how it all worked out despite how time consuming a task it must've been(2 Weeks or something was it?) i just loved their labor bearing fruit. Culminating in Tsukasa's badass ambush on Dr. Xeno, loved these passages throughout. Just incredible!

5. Favorite three moments of the Arc:
A)
Stanley shooting Senku was an intense moment for me, i really wasn't sure about what was gonna happen to Senku for a moment there. He recovered a tad too quickly from it for my taste but still, that moment was incredibly dramatic and shocking. At first i didn't think it was gonna work out for Stanley.
B) Tsukasa scaring Xeno with his Halberd,easily one of the most hilarious but also most satisfying moments in this arc for me. Xeno was so busy looking down on Senku because his "Ultimate Knight" outmatched Senku's Warriors and just as he finishes talking he gets whooped instantly. Way to go Tsukasa!
C) Chrome putting Xeno in his place, another satisfying moment simply because one of our protagonists puts the Bad Guy into his place right after he looked down on our heroes. Xeno thought he had won, he thought his science and his ways were the only true and good options to take but Chrome ends that dispute with one of the most grounded lines i've read in the entire Manga.

6. Least favorite moment of the Arc:
I'm with Hermit on this one, can't get behind a not even fully recovered Senku being up and about in the Plane Dogfight. Ryusui and Ukyo would've been a great team for this one. After all, it wasn't even Stanley Snyder sitting in the opposing plane...:facepalm

7. Most emotional moment of the Arc:
Again, i agree with what has been named before, the farewell between Senku and the group around Yuzuriha. It was a bit hard to belief for me but seeing these recent chapters i guess it really was the conclusion of this arc after all. I do like the idea of Stanley being a returning villain though, like a bloodhound.

8. MVP of the Arc:
Chrome for me, i don't care if this makes me biased lol., i think i gave plenty reasoning above for him to deserve this position in my opinion.:)

9. Overall Rating:
I'd rate the Arc a 6,5-7 out of 10. It has been a bumpy ride through this arc for me, sometimes it was decently paced at others a tad rushed and at others it felt rather dragging. Despite it all we once more got incredible content, a great and well fleshed out load of new characters and more incredible inventions. Hope this new arc can top this one a little at least.:super

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Max. Hasn't really done anything yet.
:lmao
Starting to think those 2 are just comic relief. At least Carlos has the driving skills, which I think will come into play with the motorcycle.

C) Chrome putting Xeno in his place, another satisfying moment simply because one of our protagonists puts the Bad Guy into his place right after he looked down on our heroes. Xeno thought he had won, he thought his science and his ways were the only true and good options to take but Chrome ends that dispute with one of the most grounded lines i've read in the entire Manga.
This was such a good moment. Especially considering this pay off:
but Xeno has 2-3 things going for him in my opinion right now which would be his Sheer Potential of being a future ally to the Kingdom of Science. The way he worked and brainstormed with Senku and Chrome was hilarious but nice to see, he fits into the group chemistry and a Scientist Trio would be cool.

@Tatsumaki @Belserion Wanna try this out? Hope the manga did not lose both of you with the last arc :(