Voting Round 3 - Amir Halgal vs. Kohaku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Amir Halgal vs. Kohaku

Best Waifu?

• Amir Halgal

• Kohaku

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Amir Halgal
Otoyomegatari
Kohaku
Dr. Stone

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st wish you best luck @Tatsumaki :zomg

Would like to to thank again everyone who supported Amir in previous rounds, I will try to write a little something as for my campaign, later (im short of ideas :errr) for now just a little appetizer.

Previous rounds

I- Overview -> Here

2- What makes Amir a great waifu ->Here

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hello and thank you for supporting Kohaku in the 2nd round. I hope that once again you'll be on her side !​

For those who didn't read it yet you can read my main campaign here

In the first campaign I tried to give you an overview of all of her qualities.​

In this round I would like to emphasize more on the main reason that makes her the best waifu : Her reliability

After all, having a loyal/faithful partner is the base of a solid and durable marriage.
(I will be taking spoilers from the story to support my point, just vote Kohaku and skip this if you haven't read Dr Stone)​

She is the steady pillar of the kingdom of science. She has been at the forefront of every battle the kingdom had to fight. As one of their strongest warrior she clashed head on with their enemies, even when they were stronger, she never gave up, ready to do everything she could for her friends.​

She gave Senku her trust and never doubted him. Of course she's not the only one who trust him but she's the only one who is so vocal about it.​

Even when it might cost her her life.

When someone disagrees with him, doubt him, denigrate him. She fly to the rescue, no matter the subject or stakes at hand. She always support his decisions and give even more reasons to follow his advice.​

She find the right words to soothe and reassure​
She is reliable, honest, determined, devoted, loyal, and unfailing.

Vote for the waifu that will always be by your side

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, that's probaly what I like the most about Kohaku, her emotional intelligence. She is pretty good at judging others, how they feel at the moment and what to do. She is book dumb but more than makes up for it with this and her maturity.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

More about Amir

As mentioned earlier in previous rounds, Amir is a legit and level headed waifu, who cares for both her own family and her step family. But shes such a loving waifu to karluk that she will even opposes and fight her own beloved family for his own sake and will do anything to protect him.
At some point, for some reasons, her own family (her father mainly) decided to take back Amir, to annul her marriage, and will try to take her back forcibly, and a kind of fight between their tribe will happen. Amir is not afraid to opposes her own father and family to protect people she cherishes, because she values her life with karluk, her step family and the new tribe with whom shes living.

Amir's family coming to take her back

How much her stepfamily respect Amir.

She wants to stay at her husband's side regardless of how dangerous the situation is.

Amir is a complex character with different facets, she’s flexible and could adapt easily with her new life style in another tribe. Shes a skillful archer, but despite being strong, and a person who doesnt fear fighting, she shows some sensitive side, she’s clever and nice but she knows when to be more strict/firm if needed. She is faithful to death. She is so scared to lose her family and above all her husband, that she is ready to put her life at stake to protect him.

One of Amir qualities, she doesnt need or ask nor ask anything.

She just know when to say no, she's sweet and kind with people but wont go easy on them if needed.

Various Amir skills
Hunting/cooking

Archery

everyone is impressed by her skills

embroidery

Please give a chance to Amir, shes truly a top tier waifu, onegai !! ♥

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voting Kohaku. Erin has put a great campaign, but Kohaku's one of my favs and Tatsumaki has campaigned well too.
Go Haku!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
she looks like Illumi here
and I can't unsee it :notlikethis

this is baaaaaaaddddd... I need a good amount of salt to forget about this. :arf
illumi oh? no she doesnt look like him at all. :grumble

But still, here some candy to heal your poor eyes ! :hee
ready ?

Happy :nod ?

I really fail to see how you can compare her to illumi except she has the same hair color lol

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
illumi oh? no she doesnt look like him at all. :grumble

But still, here some candy to heal your poor eyes ! :hee
ready ?

Happy :nod ?
nopeee ! seen it before :teehee

I asked for salt :arf are you saying Amir is salty candy? :sexyarf

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
As thanks for Erin's support of Seiko, which was much appreciated, I will give my reasons why Amir is deserving of the votes here. That's not to say Kohaku is bad, she seems like a good sort actually, so I won't be talking about her.

I suppose, Amir will appeal to a certain type of voter. That type is one who could fall for a waifu because of values they would uphold when selecting a partner. This matters here because of how Amir is written. She is presented as a character in many settings and description pertaining to married life, meaning you will gain access to several facets to her character as Erin has pointed out. This is an important lens for selecting a waifu. If her mangaka is able to write characters strongly, you know more, and can proceed to make an informed decision about your waifu.

Knowing more doesn't equal better. A common misconception with characters imo is that character development or complexity = better. There might be some correlations, but complexity = more, and development = change, that's all. So I often assume when people promote complexity and development, they're talking about the purpose of that complexity and development. You want the value of it not the quantity of it. So, this is what I value in Amir as a waifu:
  1. Coming from the mountains, Amir is a skilled hunter and knows how to survive is harsh adversity. This is not about putting food on the table, it means she has learned resilience. For a partner and parent, resilience is a trait you can bank on.
  2. As Erin mentioned, Amir is calm and level headed. This is a product of point 1. There's a certain physical and mental confidence that comes with being able to hunt and survive. It's poise, and grace, which easily translates into the social realm, and that's very attractive. It draws you to them and balances you out too, you become calm. This happens in the manga when she meets other people, it's an inspiring quality.
  3. In addition to making you feel comfortable with her grace, Amir has a loving and thoughtful nature. If she's your friend or lover, she will think about your needs and well-being, and she'll want to be with you, to seek comfort for herself and in turn for you; and without smothering you. This is a common trait, but that doesn't discount it from being stated, as it's important to a sustainable relationship.
  4. As mentioned in the previous round, Amir was overprotective towards Karluk, due to her insecurities, which she was able to acknowledge that and tone it down. Again she deserves credit for character development as it proves her capacity to change for the better of her union with her husband.
  5. She's obviously beautiful, so I'll touch on another appeal of Amir's, her "Je ne sais quoi". She does several things without cue which gain attention of others, and eventually make them curious and interested in her. This owes to her upbringing and aforementioned points, but there's still enough mystery and that means desire imo.
  6. As Erin has demonstrated several times, Amir possesses key fundamentals such as integrity, honesty, and loyalty. I don't suggest this casually, when you see how Amir is presented, spoken, and drawn, you cannot deny she has those traits as if you knew her personally.

Lastly, Amir comes from a manga called A Bride's Story.

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I like Kohaku as a character in Dr. Stone, but this time my vote goes to Amir.​

I will be repeating some arguments that Brandish already pointed out (credits goes to him). I'm just gonna add my personal touch and sorry if it gets too elaborated or goes out of topic. Warning: there might be some spoilers.​

In real life, most of you guys would like to find a partner that cares for you and your children. Someone who is there for you in times of need. Well, Amir is your choice!​

First, I have to point out that Amir is from a nomadic tribe, so social roles might differ from the sedentary lifestyle.
A Bride's Story describes the values and lifestyle of rural people during the 19th century in Kazakhstan (around these parts). Women had to be obedient to her father or husband (patriarchal society). That is why Amir doesn't have a word to say when she has to marry an unknown man. Of course, marrying a 12 year old boy gives her more freedom to do her own things. At the start of the manga, Karluk (Amir's husband) is depicted as someone that doesn't have the authority of an adult husband. You could call this relationship more of a sibling type. That is one of the reasons why Amir has a little bit more freedom than other women (you could even call a sort of emancipation). Nonetheless, she stays faithful to her young husband as a way to respect the woman's role.​

Despite this type of social system, women had important responsibilities within the family. They had to take care of children and did mostly of the housework. While reading the manga, I found Amir does the housework properly. In a other words, she is a responsible and trustworthy person. She excels in hunting (like Brandish said) which is a man's duty. I found funny that men in the village were surprised when Amir brought foxes for diner. :teehee

At some point of the story, Karluk had a fever. Amir became worried as she feared that her husband would die of the illness (some of Amir's family member died of fever). She would tend to him 24/7 (I'm not joking). She didn't even sleep or eat. The type of attention she gave to Karluk was more of a mother. That is a good thing, now that we know she can take care of children. However, considering Karluk is her husband, the overprotective nature embarrassed him. Amir noticed his embarrassment and changed her behavior little by little to a more husband/wife relationship. If we analyse this scene, we can conclude that Amir is emotionally intelligent (capable of empathy). So, she can adapt her behavior according to the people she interacts with.​

There are a lot of arguments as why Amir is the best waifu. Unfortunately, I could not write every facts but I strongly encourage people to read the manga and get an idea how great Amir is.

In any case, read the title and you will be convinced... ;)

At this point, I don't know if I wrote a review on the manga or on Amir... Although, I would like to give a big thanks to Erinyes for introducing me this wonderful manga!​

Status
Not open for further replies.