Final Match - Amir Halgal vs. Tifa Lockhart | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Match Amir Halgal vs. Tifa Lockhart

Best Waifu?

• Amir Halgal

• Tifa Lockhart

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Amir Halgal
Otoyomegatari
Tifa Lockhart
Final Fantasy VII

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st huge thanks to everyone who voted for Amir and made her reach the final, iim so so happy, never expected to go that far. Cant thank you enough :zomg
@Sky i wish you best luck !

Let me introduce you my siblings !

Previous rounds campaign links

Round 1->here

Round 2->here

Round 3 ->here

Semi-finals -> here

We saw in previous rounds why Amir is such an amazing waifu, we saw, how, nice, caring, honest, protective etc. i, will try to say a little more later, and to talk about her relations with friends and family. Please bear with me, and keep supporting Amir, onegai !

Please, keep supporting me ! ♥

Last edited:

Claymore1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was surprised Amir beat Mai. The issue with this match up is that Tifa is so well known. But I have never played FF 7 and I don't have a PlayStation so I will stick with Amir

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
1st huge thanks to everyone who voted for Amir and made her reach the final, iim so so happy, never expected to go that far. Cant thank you enough :zomg
@Sky i wish you best luck !

Let me introduce you my siblings !

Previous rounds campaign links

Round 1->here

Round 2->here

Round 3 ->here

Semi-finals -> here

We saw in previous rounds why Amir is such an amazing waifu, we saw, how, nice, caring, honest, protective etc. i, will try to say a little more later, and to talk about her relations with friends and family. Please bear with me, and keep supporting Amir, onegai !

Please, keep supporting me ! ♥

What a great presentation! Nice color choice, it fits well to the time period.
These men can make great brother-in-law and cousins-in-law. The descriptions are so accurate especially Joruk's laid back personality (always talking about food and sleep). :Haha
The badass grandma, Balkirsh (Karluk's grandmother), is still missing though!
I don't know how Tifa is gonna counter this though. At least, for now, I'm definitely voting for Amir. :zomg

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Nevermind me, I'm just constantly thinking about who I should give my vote. Maybe I should just wait until Sky's campaign? Yes, that sounds like a plan. I'll just sit here calmly and wait, to make an objective decision as best as I can. It's going to be easy, I'm sure.

Still got three days left until I have to inevitably face this life crisis... Time to steel my resolve.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Part1

Amir's relationships with her family and her new tribe (1)

Amir had to leave her village and to start a new life in another one, with other customs and way of life. Its important to note that conflicts between tribes can easily happen (we will see below), any faux-pas might end up with a war, so a new bride who comes in a new village has better to adapt to the new customs, and has to be diplomatic. To be able to do that, a person need to be open minded, to be curious and a fast learner, to be humble and to be respectful about her hsusbando family/customs, and people around him. Amir manages to do this perfectly because of her nice and easy going nature. She loves her husbando, and respect her in law family and her new village to the point to oppose her own father, she mangaes to make friend and to earn respect of people. Those qualities are other of hers that makes her such a sweet waifu, she never said anything wrong or act wrongly towards Karluk's family/relatives, she always treated them as her own, and they do the same with her.​

For exple, in this scene, she went to make bread in a kind of bakery, women there were laughing at her because she was singing, and still Pariya (another great character), defended her, Amir, very likely did not want to make a fuss, just pretended she hasnt noticed, while im sure she did, thats how tactful, delicate and also mature she is.

Here Amir's comforting her friend.

Here is Balkirsh (Karluk grandma's) who really likes Amir a lot, comforting her when karluk was ill and when she learnt about the death of one of her cousin, beaten by her husband. The very one her father wants her to marry for prestige reasons.

Part2

Amir's relationships with her family and her new tribe (2)

Ill try to be as short as possible, so again, at this time, tribes organization were patriarcal, the father used to have all power on his family, his wishes/orders have to be followed, he is the undiputable authorithy. A certain big name need to be married (at that time marriage was also a way to create alliances between tribes etc.) becouse he lost his former wife (he killed her actually) but Amir’s family has noone to propose him anymore except Amir who is already married. So her father will try to forcibly "unmarry" her to make her marry this guy. Amir’s brother was concerned about it but still has to obey his father, Amir and her new in law familly will resist.​

2nd conflict is bigger and imply an alliance with Russian plus bigger issues. but what will Azel do, is purely betray his father to save his sister and her husband, he respects her so deeply that he prefers to take the risk to betray his father (well actually its more complicated,,they were betrayed and trapped too by the so called alliance so ). What does it says about Amir ? that obviously Amir is a loveable sister, if her brothers and cousins are ready to go that far is because shes so beloved, she's probably as sweet as a sister shes as a waifu, and Azel want her happiness, he saw how much she loves her husband and care for her new family, and he is ready to go that far for her. And he realizes too Karluk ‘s value as her husband. By the way, Karluk will ask later Azel to teach him archery, and to hunt, Karluk knows Azel s a good guy, but still it has this "Zoro asking Mihawk to train him" vibes :teehee .​

Joruk mentioning he noticed Azel let go his sister and trying to convince Azel to talk to his father.

Azel fighting for his sister's and her village sake.

Amir protecting her so dear bro !

One of the most beautiful scene of the manga !

Karluk asking Azel and co to train him.

So thats what i wanted to say about Amir, i think i ve said probably a great part of what i wanted to, but i still feel im not doing justice to her, hopefully, im not being too boring, and i hope you get how great she is. Please, give her a chance !

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I find it interesting that they named her Amir (which means prince) instead of Amira (princess). In any case she gets mah vote

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Sky will have to make a very good campaign cause Amir is objectively better. :lambirb
At this stage, should it really matter?

I mean, your point is fair and true, and in good taste for a community event. And you made the post early in the round, which is why your post is telling.

The writing is on the wall - or the lack of writing, which is the issue.

Can we really allow a character like Tifa to win this thing on the back of not much? We're talking about a finale where Tifa is a whisper. I think she's in a video game of some sort, and is a waitress(?).

Amir has been well represented by her champion, with, as you have inferred, aspects of character that deem her objectively better in a waifu sense.

The decision to place a vote is overwhelmingly in Amir's favour.

Yet I get this feeling Amir will be Trump'd. Just breaks my heart that we allow travesty to invade our community time and time again. Why do we bother?

Vote Amir, you won't regret it.

Additionally, I sympathise with revo, who has been extremely salty, sent me a PM about how a video game chara beat her precious Tsukasa. She's worth your vote in the Salt Lord.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
At this stage, should it really matter?

I mean, your point is fair and true, and in good taste for a community event. And you made the post early in the round, which is why your post is telling.

The writing is on the wall - or the lack of writing, which is the issue.

Can we really allow a character like Tifa to win this thing on the back of not much? We're talking about a finale where Tifa is a whisper. I think she's in a video game of some sort, and is a waitress(?).

Amir has been well represented by her champion, with, as you have inferred, aspects of character that deem her objectively better in a waifu sense.

The decision to place a vote is overwhelmingly in Amir's favour.

Yet I get this feeling Amir will be Trump'd. Just breaks my heart that we allow travesty to invade our community time and time again. Why do we bother?

Vote Amir, you won't regret it.

Additionally, I sympathise with revo, who has been extremely salty, sent me a PM about how a video game chara beat her precious Tsukasa. She's worth your vote in the Salt Lord.
On the merits of each campaign over the course of the wars, Erin has campaigned consistently and well at that too. Sky hasn't matched that, so on campaign efforts alone you have to hand it to Erin. Amir has been represented better, and should win it. Will she win it? Who can say, the Final Fantasy remake dropped recently hence the Tifa nomination and why she's been able to cruise through to here. Burn the witch.

Amir all the way.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just by seeing stats votes from last round, i m totally aware Amir has very little chance face to Tifa, i know tifa and appreciate her as a character, but really waifu qualities wise Amir is way above, i would really appreiciate if shes given the chance she deserves. So please vote Amir !

Also huge thanks to all people supporting Amir, again i wont forget it !! :zomg

Voted Amir. Where is my honey cookie as reward?
Her's your cookies james (handmade by Amir) ! :nod

Please keep supporting me, don't give up on me !

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm honestly not a fan of Amir. Yet I'll vote for her cause there's no way a character with no campaign deserves to win.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Not quite following this WW at all.

However, seeing this thread popping up, and looking from the comments in here....

You are actually telling me @Sky did not campaign in this round?

Like absolute zero?

Just literally nothing AT ALL?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

That is kinda mweh to hear.

Especially when it is coming from a global mod.

I also do like to enter my sentences beneath each other.

If you have a problem with that, very unfortunate to hear.

Either way, back to WW related stuff.

In my opinion if someone does not campaign especially having a blue title, then what purpose does he/she have in here?

Seems quite a bit silly not to campaign in the final round at all.

You should at least show some efforts here especially when your opponent shows so much dedication.

I, for instance, would have never do that in my fucking life.

That is just kinda ridiculous and silly in all aspect.

That is just a code you cannot simply break.

Imagine winning a final round without any campaign.

At least, we, at MH, have common sense in that regard.

Certainly if you take a look at all the waifus that has been nominated and who have been eliminated this year.

Common sense and a lot of dedication to people their effort.

Shame on you, Sky.

Really shame on you.

Mhm.

Mhm.

You have my vote, Sky.

Of course, I can always change tho.

Depends on the last minute task, obviously.

'3'/

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

~Are you not entertained?~

@Erinyes Sorry for the late reply. Life has been annoying...
Best of luck to you too. :hug

Meh I won't even try anymore to justify the late post.
But here I go anyway:

WARNING
Contains small to heavy spoilers for FF7(R)

~Welcome home!~

~Do you want a bath first? Dinner? Or...<3 ?~

~Tears of pain~

~Focus!~

~Grand Tifa Auto~

Tifa knows that something is wrong with her Hubby Cloud. Yet she decides to keep it inside of her and trust him instead.
Even on a date.

~Isn't this dreamy?~

~Really strong yet girly when it counts!~

~Even Disney can't stop her!~

~Nothing can beat the childhood friend route~

~Even Aerith knows. Tifa is the best!~

Even after her hubby was faced with the truth, that he isn't the person who he actually is. That he is just impersonating his now dead friend, thanks to a psychotic breakdown, which turned him into a mentally unstable person, she never left his side.

She even managed to repair his broken mind and memories.
A girl who goes the distance for her beloved one.

Love finally started to bloom. <3

~A timeskip only gives me a better dress-~

PS: Yes I suck at this, but your words can't hurt me. :emobirb

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's the moment of truth... Tell me, o gods. What should I do?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Both Erin and Sky supported me in the past, and both are among MHs greatest members. There are good arguments for both sides, too...

But yeah, I don't really want to put one above the other here. If I ignore the nominators though, I only really know Tifa, and Tifa is a very good pick. I mean, who could possibly say no to this?

I surely couldn't. She's got the looks, the strength, and the character. There's not much more you could possibly ask for. So... my deepest apologies Erin :emocat Still, I wish you good luck too. I dunno how this will turn out, but your picks are both worthy winners in my eyes :nod this is by no means just a filthy cop-out

Status
Not open for further replies.