Anime - An anime-manga question | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime An anime-manga question

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
:s

Well.. Thing is, I saw all of the berserk anime and I just wanted to ask if the stories of the anime and the manga are the same or not (like in FullMetal Alchemist), and if it is the same, should I read all the start of the manga coz there might be some major details given there and not in the anime, or should I just continue and read the manga from where the anime stopped?

:P I know its a noobie's question, but oh well :P

Thanks from advance.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you've seen all of the anime, read the manga from the start.

The anime skipped some details, but kept the big twist for the end. So reading the manga won't spoil you much.

Read the manga from volume 1.

Have fun.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
The anime is not totaly different than the manga like in the FMA case. However, the anime skips some really good parts. I saw the anime before I read the manga and I couldn't just read from the begining...I wanted to know what the heck will happen after the killer cliff hanger, if you feel the same then strat reading from volume 9 (it starts from when Gutts left the Hawks and it introduces a very important character not mentioned in the anime but will help you understand what happens after the anime ending)
I recommend readig the manga though especially volumes 1-5 once you satisfied you're "what will happen after the end of the anime"

Edit: ain't newbies blessed !
YOU ARE LUCKY you have 32+ volumes to go through...I remember my 26+ volume time it was lovely...now I am just waiting for the next chapter

Edit2: thanks for pointing out my mistake WR, it's fixed now to 30+ ..not 40+

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
@Silhouette

40 volumes? we haven't got 32 yet... or are you an italian? i've heard that panini releases an issue with just half of the size of the regular tankobons there.

@Absolutio

I would recommend to read it again from the start. the volumes 2-3 were totally left out of the beginning of the anime and guts childhood is portrayed a lot more detailled in the manga.
If you can't be patient, then at least start at the beginning of volume 9, as Silhouette suggested.

zombietoaster

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
except for the first chapter of the first volume. the first three volumes were left out of the anime.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
OK Guys.. thank you all for yout responds.
I started to read it from the start.. now i'm downloading the 30th episode (29 volumes in two and a bit weeks O_o )..

Again, thanks =D