Discussion - Anime Episode/Season Cliffhangers | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Anime Episode/Season Cliffhangers

SilverLugia345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I wanted to start a discussion about cliffhangers that you would find in anime episodes (while you are waiting for the next new episode to be released) or movie series, and cliffhangers that are found at the end of an anime season.

So is there any particular types of cliffhangers that you like more than others? Like ones that draw in your attention and you can't wait for the next episode/season to be released? Or do you dislike cliffhangers because of that wait?

Is there are specific time where you thought that a cliffhanger wasn't or was necessary for an anime?

If you are going to use specific examples from animes then I would like to suggest using spoiler tags. Just in case there is someone who hasn't seen the anime yet and if they are interested in watching it nothing is spoiled for them.

-----------------------

For me when it comes to cliffhangers I don't find them bad, in fact I think they benefit the plots in animes. It can just be a little pain when an episode or season ends on a cliffhanger and I need to wait for the next season/episode to air. Sometimes it feels like that wait takes forever.

Also recently I saw the ending of an anime season but there isn't an announcement for the next season yet (but there are rumors about it here and there), but the cliffhanger for the season's end was big. I saw it and I wanted the next season to come out right away, but with no announcement for it yet makes me a bit sad.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Please register to see the content of this post.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kadir0

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines