Discussion - Anti-Magic | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Anti-Magic

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread is for the discussion of Anti-Magic.

Anti-Magic is something special in the world of Black Clover. It can cancel magic and absorb the mana of magicians.

Asta owns two Anti-Magic swords so far. Are there more? Are there other kinds of Anti-Magic like Anti-Magic armor or Anti-Magic spells/curses?

Post your theories, predictions and discuss the matter of Anti-Magic.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Aster's recent Demon Transformation really makes me think that there is still a lot of things to cover when it comes to anti-magic. His potential as a fighter is going to get even greater (and more ironic) as he goes forward.

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe that Asta will receive a curse to use against opponents in the future that will cause them to feel pain every time they uses magic. Think of it like they feel the magic getting eaten away by the demon Asta is connected to

CokWarriorOFShadow

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello, I am a new user here in this forum (German), so here are my thoughts about anti-magic:

1) Anti-Magic can propably be related to black holes or dark matter in our universum. In our universum dark matter attracts normal matter. The same case we have in the Black Clover Universum.

2) Anti-Magic, which is produced by the devil in the grimoire, is not stronger than the "power" of Gods. If some gods/angels exist in the Black Clover universum, who create the grimoires or decide the fate of a person, then I think, these gods are stronger than every devil, including this Anti-magic devil. In every manga/series/book, I read, gods are always stronger than devils.

3) Anti-Magic does hurt your body. Although Asta does not possess normal mana, his muscles are hurt by the Black Asta form.

4) Anti-Magic can steal the magic of others. Asta used this Demon-Dweller sword one time and absorbed Noelles water power. I think, Licht will teach Asta, how to use it. So Asta will really learn, how to use magic with this sword.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
A very interesting thematic to explore.

The way i see this is; Anti-Magic in general is form of "magic" from another dimension, probably exclusive to the devil that possessed Licht's four-leaf grimoire when it went into a five-leaf. After Licht's death the devil got stuck in the grimoire waiting hundreds of years for an unlucky one to pick up the grimoire.
I dont think that Anti-Magic abilities stop with just the swords that are being used by Asta, i think there could much more. I think its just that the devil can only use the swords that are stored in the grimoire to channel anti-magic. Those swords were actually magic swords once, created by Licht's Sword Magic grimoire. They were purely for controlling magic rather than negating it. So once the grimoire got corrupted, so did the repertoar of Licht's swords as well and they basically became Anti-Magic weapons; weapons full of Anti-magic that got the ability to negate magic. Interesting to see that the Demon-Dweller sword retained its original power of absorbing and releasing magic. It can negate magic by cutting, but interesting to see that it can absorb magic without negating it and then release it --> i guess its a combination of Licht's sword original power + devils anti-magic.

So for now we can see anti-magic abilities only through Licht swords, but i think there will be much more to it; actual spells or curses, other forms of weapons that arent part of Licht's grimoire etc.

Just my overall thought process :hmm

NFE637

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a quick question, what do you guys think would happen if Asta attacked a grimoire with his anti-magic?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just a quick question, what do you guys think would happen if Asta attacked a grimoire with his anti-magic?
Like the actual book itself? I'd like to think it would be destroyed but there would be a way to bring it back.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the Grimoir would be rendered a regular book with huge gash going thru the book...however, have you guys ever seen Rush Hour? Yeah that 2000s Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker movie. That movie (near the end) proves that it is very VERY difficult to penetrate thru a stack of papers with a bladed weapon 😏😏😏 just sayin.

Honestly hope things doesn't turn out like this because Grimoirs that is like taking away the service weapon from someone in the military and giving them a toy gun instead. I mean it is just so OP this has to be a last resort we-need-to-seal-kaguya-from-Naruto type of situation before this bs tactic of penetrating a grimoir using the demon dweller ever gets used.

Also, I was wondering are Grimoirs water proof...fireproof...just all around lifeproof? I mean why don't they ever burn? What happens when crazy captain Jack accidentally swipes his own grimoir? So many questions!