Question - Any better sources for information about 'ON'? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Any better sources for information about 'ON'?

DarkLordVerjal

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was curious if they ended up releasing more information about Jed's Shadow forces and the origin and nature of ON?

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
It's not Canon. So to my knowledge no, aside from what you may find on an Wikia site about the characters that used it.

tupadre97

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
On is garbage. It's basically specialization nen that let's you use 100% of each category like emperor time. It also has a bunch of other random abilities attached to it. It's really freakin stupid.

DarkLordVerjal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found the Ying/Yang of Nen/ON interesting, but to each his own. I plan to use it in the HxHrpg I'm working on, just because it'd be an interesting mechanic for NPCs to use. Unfortunately the wiki page for HxH isn't too helpful.

tupadre97

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I found the Ying/Yang of Nen/ON interesting, but to each his own. I plan to use it in the HxHrpg I'm working on, just because it'd be an interesting mechanic for NPCs to use. Unfortunately the wiki page for HxH isn't too helpful.
On is supposedly "malice" that comes from "death energy" but that makes no sense because nen portrays all emotions including malice and it transcends life and death. On is just bs you should reread the series and learn more about nen because it does everything "On" does while being balanced at the same time. It would work better for your rpg honestly.

DarkLordVerjal

Reaction score
Country
United States
On is supposedly "malice" that comes from "death energy" but that makes no sense because nen portrays all emotions including malice and it transcends life and death. On is just bs you should reread the series and learn more about nen because it does everything "On" does while being balanced at the same time. It would work better for your rpg honestly.
When you put it like that... But personally I like the idea of having it as an option to throw people a curve ball at people, hardly a regular thing though. Though to clarify, I'm not randomly using ON and letting people deal with it, most of my buddies don't mind it.