Discussion - Arc Prediction discussion thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Arc Prediction discussion thread

avietar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I want the UA attack idea to actually happen personally, but I could also see Deku getting captured by the villains being the impetus for the students to get involved(in a similar, but more active fashion than say when Bakugo got kidnapped).
Most people expect Deku to defeat Lady Nagant rather easily, but it would be great if he would actually lose. I think it would make sense within the story too, because he's not been taking care of himself, hasn't been sleeping much, and he's relying too much on himself. That, and those watching over him don't know where he is and who he's facing, so they won't be able to protect him. All of this makes me think that this would be the perfect time to get his ass handed to him. What do you think would happen after that?

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Most people expect Deku to defeat Lady Nagant rather easily, but it would be great if he would actually lose. I think it would make sense within the story too, because he's not been taking care of himself, hasn't been sleeping much, and he's relying too much on himself. That, and those watching over him don't know where he is and who he's facing, so they won't be able to protect him. All of this makes me think that this would be the perfect time to get his ass handed to him. What do you think would happen after that?
Well, if he got captured, a variety of things could happen.

Overhaul could go ape shit.

Lady Nagant could use Deku as a bargaining chip to get a bigger pay out.

ETC

If Deku is returned to AFO, I believe that he'll need time and effort to extract OFA from him.

In that time, the pro heroes could grow aware of the fact that Deku was captured, as well as Deku's former classmates.

I'm hoping that Deku's fomer classmates would decide to act together to try and free Deku, or would be heavily involved with the official mission to free Deku(since they all have provisional licences and there is a shortage of heroes).

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If she does defeat him it will be in a way that she can't capture him afterwards. Since they would mean an acceleration of the encounter of AFO and Deku. The fact she was meant to capture him means she should have an idea of where AFO or have some idea of how to contact him etc. So they probably can't defeat/capture her here already.

I think the current function she is serving is foreshadowing more people getting duo quirks in the future without modification and/or enabling Deku to meet Overhaul again. She did say she had some plan in mind for Overhaul, I wonder what that might be?

Yeah, I like the idea of Kirishima fighting Dabi, because I don't think its a fight Kirishima would win, but it would definitely be a fight that would show exactly how tough Kirishima was. Like, in that fight, I'd honestly expect Kirishima to wind up dead if no one intervened.

Like, he definitely has more resistance to getting burnt to death than 90% of his fellow students and class mates, so if Shoto wasn't around, I think Kirishima would be the guy to fight Dabi.

Anyway, I was sort of thinking about this match up after thinking of Shoto and Tetsutetsu's fight. Tetsutetsu was nearly melted, but he gave Shoto a hard time.

I think that it would be a really cool fight if Kirishima got close to someone like Dabi, and continued fighting him, even as Dabi's attacks grew more and more intense.

Again, just me thinking about something that could be cool.
It could work. Like him tanking a last second attack to save someone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm so very curious for what's going to happen!

I expect an attack on UA. I'm also really looking forward to what Dabi's 'going further' will look like. "So I didn't go far enough..." How is he going to take it further? What could he do to demoralize Enji, to hurt him even more? I think the answer is that he'll make it much more personal and go after his immediate family. Rei, Fuyumi, Natsuo, Shoto. And they are at UA.

UA is a crowded hub at the moment, filled with civilians and hero students. A successful attack on UA would be the death stab to hero society.

So then I'm wondering... is the UA attack going to happen before the end, or will it be the site of the final arc?
I hope it will be something that happens before the final arc.
I was always curious about that " looks like i didn't go far enough line" and how accurate of translation it was. It's possible that he will target his family more closely next. Or setup a scenario in which Enji needs to save them so that he can kill them in front of him or something twisted like that.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It could work. Like him tanking a last second attack to save someone.
I like the idea of Kirishima, being totally outmatched, trying to hold off someone like Dabi for as long as he can so innocent people, or his friends can get away.

That feels like the sort of self sacrificing thing that Kirishima would do in a fight.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So we are in the final act and the arcs that I suppose will follow are :

1. The destruction of UA - after reuniting with Midoriya we return to UA and explore the improvements of the students and the state of the citizens and and world in general, have a conversation of Overhaul with Eri and reveal the traitor and his motives. He leads a group to infiltrate UA and the school becomes unsafe but Eri disables his motives in a manner AFO promised him but probably didn't mean to deliver. a 2 volumes arc ending at ~345.

2. The truth about hero society - an arc about the public safety commision along the years showing the past of some of the lives of the previous users ending with showing parts of the previous fight of All Might vs AFO. 3 volumes arc ending at ~370

3. Preperation for the final battle and the climax - I really don't know how this arc will go but every student or team will get their moment to shine. I would love to have some side missions of teams of about 1 volume each, maybe even seeing some of the heroes from other schools like Inasa teaming with Endevour, The Big 3 as pro heros with Mirio at the lead, Ketsubutsu team, a Class 1B team of favourite heroes with Shinso and Monoma in the mix.
Fights I wish to see :
* Iida and Stain teaming up against Spinner +1
* Todoroki, Inasa and Endevour vs Dabi and Geten
* Each team that I mentioned against a different High End
* Ochako vs Toga
* Hawks and Tokoyami VS Dabi
* Kirishima and TetsuTetsu vs Moonfish
I hope all this takes about 100 chapters and we end the series with 50 Volumes like Oda's challange to Horikoshi. It'd be great to hear which more arcs do you think are needed
Really good list of predictions! Which reminds me I gotta update mine, hahah :P

I wonder though, since you put Endeavor and Shoto (and why is Inasa there?) in a fight against Dabi and Geten, do you expect that to end in a win for Dabi & Geten because you also expect a rematch between Hawks and Tokoyami vs Dabi?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Really good list of predictions! Which reminds me I gotta update mine, hahah :P

I wonder though, since you put Endeavor and Shoto (and why is Inasa there?) in a fight against Dabi and Geten, do you expect that to end in a win for Dabi & Geten because you also expect a rematch between Hawks and Tokoyami vs Dabi?
I expect Hawks and Tokoyami to lose and Hawks to sacrifice himself. I think that Inasa should have a real closure about how he percieves Endeavor and support him speed wise and enhance his flames with extra oxygen, the thing I'm not sure about is what role Todoroki will have and how endeavor ends up at the end of the fight. I can see either Dabi learning to fight in perfect synchronicity with Geten and changing Endeavor's thinking about being the solo no.1 and re-evaluating the importance of teamwork or Geten being sacrificed to make Dabi a Nomu by fusing their quirk and all hell's gonna break loose.