Voting Round 1 - Armin Arlert vs. Ash Lynx | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Armin Arlert vs. Ash Lynx

Who wins?

• Armin Arlert

• Ash Lynx

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well Annie clearly is a fine woman.
But he shouldn't leave Touka for her.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll wait for Lynx's campaign, but Armin is a good choice. At least he doesn't look like a kid now :p

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, he grew to be cute. At least Isayama had mercy on that hair.

I wish he had Kaneki's haircut tho '-' But oh well, I fixed an argie on that aspect, Armin should be doable. "Doable" :hurr
And Idk Kouka but you don't discuss what other girls your husbando should get! Tut tut, Sky, tut tut...

Ok maybe later I can write a few lines about Armin, lmao... The dude is good, he deserves it, even if it's a non intended nom. Shame he has a huge downside... But oh well, love overcomes all :arf

Gajeel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Ash Lynx

Ok, before starting, I just want to tell you guys that his backstory is really messed up, but it's pretty realistic and it's needed for the comprehension of the character. Also, English isn't my first language so please take in consideration that there might be several errors.

Backstory

Now, I know that most of you don't really know who this young blonde man is so let's start with a little backstory about himself so we can have a context. Ash Lynx, born Aslan Jade Callenreese, had a pretty rough childhood that consisted into rapes and innocence. At a young age, Ash was sexually assaulted multiple times by his baseball team coach. Eventually Ash, being 8 year old at that time, shot his abuser with his dad's gun. Even though Ash was found non-guilty of the crime, rumors spread across his town saying bad things about the little boy. At this point, his dad had to make him go live with his aunt and his older brother Griffin. One day, his brother left for the army which made Ash run away from the house only to be caught by an old Mafia Boss from New York City named Dino Golzine. Sadly, that old man also had a taste for young boys so you can already tell what happened next. But this is also what made Ash the character that he is now. Even though Dino Golzine used him as a toy, he also educated him in order for the Lynx to become his successor. Because Dino was from the upper class, he hired multiple world recognized teachers for different subjects to cultivate Aslan Jade Callenreese into an elite. For example, he learned proper table manners, how to drink different wines, but he also, and that's what helped Aslan the most, learned how to fight with hand and guns. Might not sound like something that a high class person would teach to his successor:XD but keep in mind that Golzine is also a mafioso.

Ash Lynx eventually ran away from Golzine and started to live in the streets, ultimately becoming, at the age of 17, after reuniting several street gangs under his control, a feared but yet admired street gang leader in Manhattan. He gained the nickname Ash Lynx because he was known as a predator that never missed his targets which is true since Ash really does never miss when he shoots.

So what makes Ash a good husband... ( Here are a some reasons)

Intelligent, yet dominant

First, not everybody can regroup multiple street gangs into a big one at the age of 17 like that. You must be really dominant but also very smart and strategic to accomplish such a feat. Now you might ask just how smart is Ash Lynx... according to the results gotten from the IQ test that he did, the blonde man has an IQ of 180. According to sources, Einstein had a IQ of around 160 even thought he never took a proper IQ test. Now you get an idea of how smart this young man is. So ladies/lords, if you like dominant yet intelligent men, you got yours.

Never judge a book by its cover

Second, now you might think that Ash is a merciless gangster that only care for himself but,

Yes, he might be violent sometimes ,with a good motive, against people ( no... getting in a verbal fight with a citizen won't make him kill his opponent... I'm talking about mafia and gang related people that have done some atrocities). But my whole point is that Ash might not be easy to become close with because he restrains himself from trusting people as a result of his past and his status, but once he accepts you, and that's pretty much the whole anime/manga summed up ( we'll talk about it another time), Ash will start sharing his emotions and his thoughts on things that he never normally talks about It's like a soft boy in need of love caged inside a though man. I guess girls or boys like though looking husbands that once in private, will get emotional with them and talk about all kind of things... I guess. :hmm

He ca also be comical sometimes

Beauty

Third but not least, Ash Lynx is attractive as hell. Ash has blonde hair, with a pale tan and stands at 180 cm (5'11 for our fellow Americans), but what stands out the most about him is his jade colored eyes. No wonder, Aslan got his middle name Jade, from his eyes and that fact shows how important that feature is. Being a smart boy, Ash knows that people see him as a beautiful man, and when I say people, I mean ANY type of person, so throughout the story, he uses his charisma in order to get information on several things, mostly related to Banana Fish, which I won't discuss about right now.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so imagine one entire episode:nowei. Feel free to watch Banana Fish if you have some free time. I've tried my best to explain some of the reasons that make Ash a good husbando but it will definitely give you a whole new perspective about him if you watch the anime :fan

Might or might not post later on.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, since I don't have the time to elaborate things on my own, I'll use a world of darkness RPG sheet to help me illustrate Armin '-'

1. Attributes

1.1. Physical
1.1.1. Strength ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦿
5/5
He's the Colossal Titan! He's the Hulk of SnK O:
Well, that aside... Armin was never a physical strength reference... among his peers. He's still a trained soldier, though, proficient in controlling an antigravity device. It's beyond argument that he's way above the average when it comes to Physical Attributes overall compared to normal husbandos, due to that. You might not describe him as the sexy type, but you can count on some nice abs and thank that to the Survey Corps :hurr See, that's a perspective on Armin you might not have thought about up until now! But this is a new interesting light, right ^_^
1.1.2. Dexterity ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
4/5
He's the Colossal Titan! Ok, not again, but the reasons will be pretty much the same. He's a trained soldier, that uses a 3DM gear! So he has that "above average" reference for this again. Those devices are used in both hands, through triggers, and require a lot of coordination and balance. Which means... Armin is an ambidextrous guy with magical fingers and catlike flexibility/moves :hurr ...Sorry but it's hard not go this way in the Physical Attributes part \^_^/
1.1.3. Stamina ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
4/5
Ok, ignore the Colossal Titan thing now '-' (altho I did take that into account for the score). Armin's resistance is quite impressive. Combined with determination, he basically baked himself alive to deliver his team's plan, giving his friend an opportunity to beat the previous Colossal Titan (during the Return to Shingashina battle). He actually came up with the plan where he'd have to sacrifice himself, he's a brave and noble guy. He endured, for a very long time, his body basically being melted in the process. This is a guy capable of handing himself completely to you, coping with wtv it takes for that. Back then, that was achieved due to a combination of factors, but you can expect him to deal well with some long lasting heat in your daily life :hurr ...Ok fine, let's proceed to the hurrless part.

1.2. Social
1.2.1. Charisma ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
5/5
Yup, I gave him a 5 here and this time there's no Titan power related to it! Armin is a very charismatic character, he demonstrates a lot of empathy and people react well to his presence and approaches, he's a gentle soul. He's also capable of inspiring others, being able to even change the mind of higher ups that were willing to kill him and his friends, just through words. In him you'll find a diplomatic person that will truly care about your side of the story and look for a middle ground whenever working on issues. Even with a good cause, this is also a guy that is unable to fight his core values without demonstrating remorse for what his actions bring upon others (when he killed a girl to save Jean or when he blasted the Marleyan ships to rescue Eren). A highly sensible and selfless companion to have by your side.
1.2.2. Manipulation ⦿⦿⦿⦾⦾
3/5
He sucks at lying !!! '-'
Ok, no, he can be manipulative when it's necessary, like when he convinced Annie to cooperate after he realized she was a culprit (in the Female Titan arc). He knew what to say to bend her, and there was something genuine about it - he believed in those words, even though he was saying them to trap Annie: she wasn't good nor bad, that was up to the causes her actions were serving. So even though he was being manipulative, his reasonable and considerate self was still there.
1.2.3. Appearance ⦿⦿⦿⦾⦾
3/5
He has a nice body (reason stated above) but he's a short guy (taller than Levi, Arju ò.ó !!!) with nothing outstanding about his looks overall. I personally consider a cute face to be very appealing, though, and his sweet demeanor adds up to it. I mean, he's cute enough to pass as the cutest girl in the series >P (in the Uprising arc)

1.3. Mental
1.3.1. Perception ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
4/5
Ok, in here we start discussing Armin' strongest points. Armin's mental capacity is always remarked. To the point that Erwin entrusted him with the duty of locating missing enemies inside a completely empty district filled with abandoned places (also in the Return to Shingashina arc). I'll go through this point better once I discuss the other two, in this sequence.
1.3.2. Intelligence ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
4/5
As Magu showed me, just like Kaneki, Armin is a bookworm. He's an aid in devices and crafts development and always went against the streams to pursue knowledge gathering, inspiring others to break free from their chains and reach new horizons. In fact, as I read recently, he basically motivated and added fuel to the whole start of the series, pushing Eren to not conform, 'cause there was much more to see beyond the walls and getting there was possible. He uses his intellect for bigger purposes and is so good at that he's capable of igniting and promoting world changes. Fucking awesome ç.ç
1.3.3. Wits ⦿⦿⦿⦿⦾
4/5
Fast thinking is another one of Armin's main assets. To the point that many readers expect him to reach a leading role in the corps, supporting Hange. Often when facing danger, like when he was being chased by the Female Titan, it was his wits that gave the group a better survival chance. The dude not only grasps things quite easily, but also elaborate intricate plans in a blink. With high perception; he reads situations well; with high intelligence, he has the knowledge to apply on them; and with high wits, he puts things together quickly becoming a key factor for the group success in many relevant times. Just now, he basically just pulled out an invasion to an enemy nation, much more developed than their own, to rescue his beloved friend. He uses his mental capacities to power up his commitment to others.

I didn't use any specific criteria to fill the points, only had as a reference that 2 points represent the average in this system (and 5 corresponds to something supernatural). But I get to the conclusion that Armin is way over the mark in the majority of the aspects, 'cause he's simply awesome <3 Those points just show how dedicated and selfless he is, and also capable of promoting well being to others. He has the will and the means, a very powerful combo for a special someone you'd have with you.

The terrible news about this catch?
He won't live to reach the 30s D: But hey! Many people wish they'd never admit that number, eventually, anyway '-' So you can still have some wonderful years ahead! Before he's eaten by someone else... hopefully you?

Couldn't reread nor add images to this ç.ç Got a meeting in 2 mins. I'll edit this later. Good luck to us both, Gajeel o/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Found some "current Armin" colored panels and fanarts~

Last edited:

Juliana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
GO ASH! MY HANDSOME BOI :cheez

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I thought that was Saber in that bear suit :s This Ash guy looks like a manly man so I’ll vote for him.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ah I posted older versions of him xD He's not supposed to look manly, like others in the series ended up doing. Sadly the series won't be going on for much longer either :emocat it's ending T.T

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
As someone form the chibi association going to support the chibi, plus I feel like I could get along armin with really well in long terms, while ash probably not long terms relationship.
GOOO ARMIN YOU NEED TO SURVIVE TILL WE SEE WHO'S THE BETTER VERISON OF KANEKI LOOKALIKES. :maracas

Status
Not open for further replies.