Quarterfinal - Asahina Natsume vs. Kaito Kuroba | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Asahina Natsume vs. Kaito Kuroba

Who wins?

• Asahina Natsume

• Kaito Kuroba

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Asahina Natsume
Brothers Conflict
-

Kaito Kuroba
Detective Conan

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Asahina is good no doubt.

But Kaito pulled a victory against Zero.

A true Giant killer.

So voting for Kaito.

Sorry Crescent :o

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Currently working on my next post. My wish is to focus more on the family and Natsume’s relationship with his brothers. Because a husbando is more than just his main ship!! Here are my previous posts:

Part 1
Part 2
And a promo for the future “Why is Natsume the best husbando?” Part 3 coming soon!

Asahina is good no doubt.

But Kaito pulled a victory against Zero.

A true Giant killer.

So voting for Kaito.

Sorry Crescent :o
That’s ok Arjuna!! I totally thought I would be competing against Zero this round so totally can understand the mentality!! I have my work cut out for me. I’m working on my part 3 post to bring some stuff you guys have not seen from my husbando yet. And really Zero is a very popular husbando. He’s perfect in every way because of his bond with Yuki, but his character never is really explored outside of that. Especially with things like how he is around children and how he handles family problems. And this is more of what I wanted to explore now with Natsume.

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Boy =/= Husband

Go Natsume!!!!

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for natsume asahina reason as same he has to compete with his brothers for one girl.

By the way this is the first time in a single round that all the guys I have voted for have progressed further.

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
OVERVIEW1. Who is Kaito Kuroba?
1.1 Personal Informations
1.2 The (Re)birth of Kaito Kid
1.3 The Meaning of his Name(s)
1.4 The Difference to other Thieves

Wow, I‘m honestly surprised this time that Kaito made it to the next round. I never thought that my favorite thief would get this far and that I would be able to get the chance to present you the second part of my campaign. Thank you! : )
But before I start, there is someone else who likes to tell you something as well...

2. Equipment, Abilities and Support
2.1 Gadgets

Alrighty, after I introduced you to the personal qualities of my nominee in the first part, in the second part I‘d like to talk about his devices -and if I find the time- his skills as well as his partner in crime that help him to commit all those heists.
But first of all, let‘s have a look at all the great and practical tools that he often uses to outsmart his opponents.​
Hang Glider Cape
One of Kid‘s trademarks is his white hang-glider that was even used by the "original Kaito Kid". The glider is implented into the suit that is hidden underneath his cape. Kid usually makes use of it to escape from the police or to save the lives of other people.
Card Gun
Another device that Kaito often uses is the card gun with which he is able to shoot playing cards. He utilizes it to point at different objects from his opponents like gems, walkie talkies or even guns.
Turbo Engine Skates
Kid can‘t always use his hang glider to escape. To move swiftly and skillfully through narrow alleys for example he also has to use roller skates sometimes .
Sleeping Gas, Stun Grenades and Smoke-Bombs
To incapacitate his enemies Kaito usually uses sleeping gas since he wants to avoid hurting them. Plus, when he is in a locked room and tries to escape, he often uses stun grenades or smoke-bombs to divert the attention of his pursuers for a few seconds. He uses this chance to mix in with the crowd by disguising himself as a police officer for example.
Of course there are way more devices but those ones that I showed you are the ones that he often utilizes for his thefts. Now I know what you might think. What does this have anything to do with being a husbando? Nothing. I'm aware that Kid is not really husbando worthy compared to the current candidates. He is still unexperienced when it comes to his own relationship with his childhood friend. And to top it all off, he is a thief.
But you can have a lot of fun with him and he can entertain you and makes you laugh and surprises you with his magic tricks and gadgets. So...I hope that I could convince some people to vote for him. : )​

Lupin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Kaito might not be experienced but he has a lot of heart and dedication ;-; I'm proud that he managed to make it this far when people confused him for Shinichi during the first round! If anything, I'm glad people have found him endearing, so thank you to @Zirconium for nominating one of my favorite characters of all time! <3

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Kaito is the surprise winner.I will not be surprised if he manages to win the tournament itself.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kaito is the surprise winner.I will not be surprised if he manages to win the tournament itself.
Not everyone is like @Sky and votes for children :s
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If Natsume likes cats he can play with me ;) (okay my dirty jokes are getting out of hand)

No more :sad

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Why is he the best Husbando?
Part 3

Natsume has many relationships that establish him as a good husband outside of his romantic relationship with the lead female. Despite the storyline being about brothers competing for the girl that just moved into their house. The story is about family. And I could just put part 3 centering about how he's so sweet to his waifu.

But...
There is more to him then just stunning good looks and romantic gestures!!
:sbunny
A husbando isn’t about how a guy acts toward a woman, but how he would be a good father.

In the beginning, Natsume is more of a loner who doesn't jive well with his fellow brethren, much less any social gatherings. The only one who seems to get along with him is Asuza. I am going to mainly talk about three of his brothers.

His younger brother Subaru hates Natsume

And the boy tries at every opportunity to become aggressive towards Natsume. If you read my first post, Natsume left sports to get a job, something Subaru holds against him.

You might think that is an odd thing to bring up, but despite the fact that Subaru openly shuns and disrespects him at every turn....

BUT....
Natsume takes off work early to go to Subaru's basket ball games to support him. Because he loves his brother despite the ridicule Subaru aims toward him.

Natsume broods into the night about his broken relationship. And he worries over what to do about it, feeling guilty at his choices in life.

To me this is the type of actions a father would do for a son, not a brother toward another brother. Therefore, it is another reason why I think Natsume is an excellent husbando.

In my opinion the closest brother to Natsume is Asuza.

This is one of the brothers he named his pet cats after :teehee:teehee:teehee

I will leave out any jokes about guys and laundry.
:cheez
While other brothers quiz Natsume about why he even comes to their gatherings,

Azusa is seen frequently checking up on Natsume since he doesn't live with everyone, and because these two are friends. They don’t forget about each other. Even later, Natsume pays Asuka back for all of his kindness. This brother is a really good guy (my second favorite after Natsume).

As the story unfolds, their bond is actually increased as the other brothers begin to fight amongst each other. Neither one takes to heart drama that unfolds.

Then there is Tsubaki, the last brother I want to talk about. While somewhat close to Natsume, the two rub each other the wrong way due to Tsubaki's childish pranks. But he still tries his best to stay friends with Tsubaki.

Going out of his way to be Tsubaki's advisor ear when the dude gets super depressed and just needs to talk.

But Tsubaki still gives him a hard time. Like when Natsume saved Watarou (the youngest brother) from falling into the stream,

Instead of being angry, Natsume just took Tsubaki's (and Watarou's) riding with a cool head, showing maturity in tense situtations. Overall as the story progresses, Natsume betters himself to be more connected to his family like cooking for them and taking care of them. Often times he is pushed to be angry, but as one of the more mature guys in the show, he usually talks through his problems instead of just fighting with his fist. As they respect him more, he also takes a more prominent leadership role even if he isn't the eldest brother.

And also as he stops settling for seconds, and begins to be motivated towards his waifu, he becomes happier with himself.

Which going back to my earlier point, Natsume would make a good father!!
You can tell once he is included back with his brothers how he is more paternal toward them. And how a lot of his romantic moments revolve around.... domestic chores.

So vote for Natsume, the dad in training..... :super

:occa
:confetti
:occa

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
what should i do :feelsbadman know neither kaito nor natsume but Crescent and Zircy are both adorable and their campaign is awesome. I want to help them both, dont want to vote agains any of them

I may not vote this one :s

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Not everyone is like @Sky and votes for children :s
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If Natsume likes cats he can play with me ;) (okay my dirty jokes are getting out of hand)

No more :sad
Isn't Tuxedo Mask a teenager?

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Despite only knowing Conan out of the two (before this event) I’m going for Natsume here, in the end. Voted for Kuroba in every round up to this point, very well fought I must say, but Natsume does seem like the better Husbando.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Both did amazing campaigns in this round and I support both from previous ones.

But in the end, I'll vote for Asahina Natsume. \o

Status
Not open for further replies.