Voting Round 3 - Asahina Natsume vs. Trafalgar D. Water Law | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Asahina Natsume vs. Trafalgar D. Water Law

Who wins?

• Asahina Natsume

• Trafalgar D. Water Law

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Don't have time to truly campaign right now so will just drop a promo...
If you haven't read my previous post about why Asahina Natsume is the best husbando,
then I would invite you to read Part 1 HERE

Part 2
-Coming Soon-
:gigglebunny:blai:gigglebunny
Enjoy this music video while you wait...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
No doubt.

Asahina for me.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Crescent_jinxgrace has helped me so I have to lend a hand.

And Law doesn't seem like a good husband :s
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I love a lot trafalgar Law and i think of him as a very well done character by Oda prolly with Mihawk and shanks one of my fave, he has an interesting back story a great design and stuff, i don't know Natsume but I think he's more husbando material than Law despite being such a great char. Also i couldnt support him last round because of Saiba, I promised to Crescent Ill support him for the sake of her great campaign so he got my vote

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Voting against Law just as I have done so far (@Erinyes :hmph) because based on previous rounds campaigns Natsume seems ridiculously much better Husbando-wise. Law is a good character and all, but I wouldn’t want much to do with him personally except perhaps one night of “examining his tattoo’d body”. :hurr

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Part 2 of “Why is Natsume the best husbando?”
:shynerv
The last post I made had 5 reasons why I thought Natsume was the best candidate. This post will focus more on the manga (and the novel when relevant :darn) and his specific role toward his waifu. So you could think of this post as "What type of husbando would he be?"
Natsume is the last brother to meet Ema, and he meets her in a church, which is very fitting for their relationship...
As he is a source of comfort and strength for her during troubled times.

Often times having to defend her and himself...

...from his over aggressive brothers.

A bit like being both a shield and an anchor for her life

When she is upset, she runs to him and sits outside of his apartment, because she knows he is the one that can make her feel better. Because he will always take care of her.
Which lead him to give her a key to his house...
He always makes sure she's ok before his own needs
Letting her have his bed while he took the floor...
Even his brothers didn't believe that nothing honestly happened when she spent the night with Natsume.
:sbunny
He thought he wasn't good enough for her

But he is....!!!!

When she doubts her cooking, he tells her its good.
:chu

She doubts herself so he tells her to keep trying

That she is a wanted person when she doubts anyone cares...

:kissbunny
That her smile is the thing he actively works toward...
That she can depend on him for anything

Most importantly, he gives her real love. Not half-assing his feelings like some of his brothers or forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to (like Fuuto). He just gives her time to figure things out.

Always patient... and kind

He even thought of letting his brothers win to make them happy because he always sacrifices for them, but realized her happiness and his was what he wanted more than that.
:confetti:confetti:confetti

Sidenote:I wanted to put more here, but going to save the proposal and dreams of future for Round 3 if Natsume makes it to that round. So please help me get there!

I love a lot trafalgar Law and i think of him as a very well done character by Oda prolly with Mihawk and shanks one of my fave, he has an interesting back story a great design and stuff, i don't know Natsume but I think he's more husbando material than Law despite being such a great char. Also i couldnt support him last round because of Saiba, I promised to Crescent Ill support him for the sake of her great campaign so he got my vote
This makes me really happy Erin-chan.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Part 2 of “Why is Natsume the best husbando?”
:shynerv
The last post I made had 5 reasons why I thought Natsume was the best candidate. This post will focus more on the manga (and the novel when relevant :darn) and his specific role toward his waifu. So you could think of this post as "What type of husbando would he be?"
Natsume is the last brother to meet Ema, and he meets her in a church, which is very fitting for their relationship...
As he is a source of comfort and strength for her during troubled times.

Often times having to defend her and himself...

...from his over aggressive brothers.

A bit like being both a shield and an anchor for her life

When she is upset, she runs to him and sits outside of his apartment, because she knows he is the one that can make her feel better. Because he will always take care of her.
Which lead him to give her a key to his house...
He always makes sure she's ok before his own needs
Letting her have his bed while he took the floor...
Even his brothers didn't believe that nothing honestly happened when she spent the night with Natsume.
:sbunny
He thought he wasn't good enough for her

But he is....!!!!

When she doubts her cooking, he tells her its good.
:chu

She doubts herself so he tells her to keep trying

That she is a wanted person when she doubts anyone cares...

:kissbunny
That her smile is the thing he actively works toward...
That she can depend on him for anything

Most importantly, he gives her real love. Not half-assing his feelings like some of his brothers or forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to (like Fuuto). He just gives her time to figure things out.

Always patient... and kind

He even thought of letting his brothers win to make them happy because he always sacrifices for them, but realized her happiness and his was what he wanted more than that.
:confetti:confetti:confetti

Sidenote:I wanted to put more here, but going to save the proposal and dreams of future for Round 3 if Natsume makes it to that round. So please help me get there!

This makes me really happy Erin-chan.

Great post Jinx and you asked me to vote for Natsume and I did. Also how good is Brothers Conflict should I read the manga or watch the anime or both?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Voting against Law just as I have done so far (@Erinyes :hmph) because based on previous rounds campaigns Natsume seems ridiculously much better Husbando-wise. Law is a good character and all, but I wouldn’t want much to do with him personally except perhaps one night of “examining his tattoo’d body”. :hurr
YUou have no idea how much i like law as a char, :pout
Didnt know about this manga now need to check this i guess :)

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Great post Jinx and you asked me to vote for Natsume and I did. Also how good is Brothers Conflict should I read the manga or watch the anime or both?
I like the manga better than the anime. The anime plays up the drama too much (ok I like drama but it makes the main girl look like a boring plot device to make the brothers fall out with each other more than a character). But it is your basic reverse harem series, this is more slice of life then something like Yona or Fushigi Yuugi. So it depends if you like that kind of thing whether you should read it.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sorry, didn't mean anything against you. Just couldn't help but point out that here's an OP character I've been voting against since the beginning. I'll drop our little "conflict" now. :darn

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Sorry, didn't mean anything against you. Just couldn't help but point out that here's an OP character I've been voting against since the beginning. I'll drop our little "conflict" now. :darn
you dont have to apology i wasnt meaning anything i was just sorry i cant support an op char especially Law. Also Orga theres no conflict (at least in my side) i hope you didnt take anything i said personnaly or felt offended, its just a game and as i said dw I love a lot op and sanji as a char :zomg not lying, really mean it.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yes the manga is pretty good, (the anime is alright, nothing special), but stay away from the light novel.

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just stopped by to say that I'm gonna campaign later and that I got it guys.

:twitch That salt... it almost doesn't itch.

And by the way, this is Law caring... because this is a game.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I, once again, vote for Asahina Natsume!
Keep making these awesome campaigns Crescent-san :zomg

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
this natsume guy looks like me irl voting him

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just stopped by to say that I'm gonna campaign later
I know I did say later but I was not really expecting this later. My apologies.

Ok, in the first post of my campaign I stated Law as a well-known character of OP. Despite not being one of the main characters of the series, a lot of people can still recognize him because he’s linked with two of the most appreciated pre-timeskip arcs of OP: Sabaody and Marineford. Well, ok, for some people Marineford is a debatable good arc, but I really enjoyed it. Since then, his presence in the series has increased, because he was added to the supporting cast and it’s expected to continue a bit more in the future (at least for now). During this time, some plotlines centred about him (origins and motives), but his personal traits are changing so I expect him to have more character growth in the future. What I want express with this it’s that Law’s image is not a static one and that it can vary in the future.

He now smiles more openly.​

Now I’ll centre on how Law’d treat someone he loves:

Trust. One of the most important things in a relationship. Law will have a steadfast trust in you, even if you lie to him because you can’t stand the idea of him hating you. But he’d also love to see that faith back.

No lies. Another important trait that comes very close to the first. He certainly won’t lie to you despite the circumstances to gain something in his favour.

Unconditional, loyal love. I already said this but his love is so deep that it will last forever.

Grant your wishes. He’d try to understand which are and try to grant them. To him, it doesn’t matter how much time passes until he gets them.

Protect you. He’ll protect you from any harm by hiding you, by facing alone the danger or, if you insist in tagging after him, he won’t leave your side whatever the circumstances are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.