Asako's Capital | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Asako's Capital

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Asako, don't know if you're on the Land of the Lustrous discord, but it has some of the best emotes:

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Asako, don't know if you're on the Land of the Lustrous discord, but it has some of the best emotes:

nah i'm not in that discord( and it seems i can't even join as the link is dead) tho i went to see and i must agree that it really have some really good emotes
these are probably my fav

btw you knowing the emotes means you're in it right ? does that mean you read HnK ? 👀

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm in the discord because there was a link provided in the Takagi discord :blush

And no I don't read it, only seen the anime. I might start the manga one day.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
guess it's time to join the takagi discord :yoda ( i should really catch up with the manga)

well i really hope one day you read the manga as i think it's really worth it

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
:lambirb

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
the anticipation.... just hope for more axel and aqua involvement :nerd

also I've been playing KHUX, my avatar looks stupid lmao

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yoooo.

This is syx here.

One question for you Asako-chan: which Houseki no Kuni chapter marks the end of the anime? I recently started to read the manga (at chapter 2) and I'm curious how much new content I can expect during my read. I am optimistic to catch up in the first two weeks of January at the latest.

See ya.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Yoooo.

This is syx here.

One question for you Asako-chan: which Houseki no Kuni chapter marks the end of the anime? I recently started to read the manga (at chapter 2) and I'm curious how much new content I can expect during my read. I am optimistic to catch up in the first two weeks of January at the latest.

See ya.

Start from chapter 30 if possible,last episode skips and modifies some stuff and adapts bit of chapter 36 while skipping some stuff in between so it is best if you start it from chapter 30.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Start from chapter 30 if possible,last episode skips and modifies some stuff and adapts bit of chapter 36 while skipping some stuff in between so it is best if you start it from chapter 30.
Much obliged. But I will read it from the start to not only refresh my memory, but I'm also not the guy to skip any panel when I pick up a manga series.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Much obliged. But I will read it from the start to not only refresh my memory, but I'm also not the guy to skip any panel when I pick up a manga series.
Reading from the start is the best especially seeing those gorgeous panels.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Im really happy you're finally picking it up, both the manga and the anime are fine, surprisingly the anime is rather faithful not skipping anything only when it was close to the end, tho I do really recommend the manga just to see ichikawa style.
if I were to choose a word for her style it could be elegant, plus she really knows how to use the manga media to her full advantage.

I can't wait when you catch up, prepare for an an amazing serie syx that will give you intense emotions....

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I am at chapter #10 now, where the arc with Wentricosus ends. I won't write much about the content which was already covered by the anime. Just some notes:

• The translation is off sometimes. Since I have the first volume here, I could check some explanations and the official translation is much better at this and easier to understand.
  • Phos is so lovely, funny and wholesome. :3
  • I have trouble distinguish the characters. :lmao
  • Bortz is awesome... as a fighter. From personality point of view, I don't like his rudeness, he has no reason to behave like that.

Lemme share some panels and pages to give you nostalgic feelings.
Smuuuuuuuggggggg Phos, best Phos.

He is trying so hard... : /

Savage Phos, also best Phos.

Hehe...

Yeah, go at him, Phos! :lmao

This was funnier when I thought it was Phos. I forgot that it was Wentricosus.

Dia scaring the shit out of Cinnabar. <3

Dia <3

Cinnabar : (

Such liar...

lol...

Beautiful page!

xD

Dia at it again, such shipper. <3

Feels...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I am at chapter #10 now, where the arc with Wentricosus ends. I won't write much about the content which was already covered by the anime. Just some notes:

• The translation is off sometimes. Since I have the first volume here, I could check some explanations and the official translation is much better at this and easier to understand.
  • Phos is so lovely, funny and wholesome. :3
  • I have trouble distinguish the characters. :lmao
  • Bortz is awesome... as a fighter. From personality point of view, I don't like his rudeness, he has no reason to behave like that.

Lemme share some panels and pages to give you nostalgic feelings.
Smuuuuuuuggggggg Phos, best Phos.

He is trying so hard... : /

Savage Phos, also best Phos.

Hehe...

Yeah, go at him, Phos! :lmao

This was funnier when I thought it was Phos. I forgot that it was Wentricosus.

Dia scaring the shit out of Cinnabar. <3

Dia <3

Cinnabar : (

Such liar...

lol...

Beautiful page!

xD

Dia at it again, such shipper. <3

Feels...

For the translation, where are you reading, form what I remember mangadex is good (or I'm remembering wrong, if so then dont worry it gets better)
For distinguishing the characters it's a matter of getting used to it XD I definitely remember having a hard time at first
Also agree about bort, too rude especially at that point

Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It is not much, but I read til chapter 15.

In regards to the whole story which Wentricosus told Phos (humans, spirit, bone, flesh), I wonder how much of it is true? What kind of race belongs Sensei to? He is no Admirabilis, no Moon People and while he does look closest to the Gems, he is the only one who actually has the appearance of a male and adult. Besides, he has some strange magical(?) power and none of the gems have shown such abilities until now and in the anime if I recall. Though, I am not sure if he really uses magic, because there was a mineral(?) shown before he one-shotted the Moon People.

In addition, what kind of gloves are these?

Also, I'm curious if some humans are still left somewhere in the world? Is there nothing else outside the base of the gems in that world? And I would like to know what the conditions are for the Moon People to simply teleport in front of our gems like that.

It's now Antarc time. I don't know if I can stomach that arc a second time...

Have some nostalgic and funny time looking and those panels:
Dis guy too OP...

Phos is hilarious :lmao

Antarc <3 :zomg :wtf

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
It is not much, but I read til chapter 15.

In regards to the whole story which Wentricosus told Phos (humans, spirit, bone, flesh), I wonder how much of it is true? What kind of race belongs Sensei to? He is no Admirabilis, no Moon People and while he does look closest to the Gems, he is the only one who actually has the appearance of a male and adult. Besides, he has some strange magical(?) power and none of the gems have shown such abilities until now and in the anime if I recall. Though, I am not sure if he really uses magic, because there was a mineral(?) shown before he one-shotted the Moon People.

In addition, what kind of gloves are these?

Also, I'm curious if some humans are still left somewhere in the world? Is there nothing else outside the base of the gems in that world? And I would like to know what the conditions are for the Moon People to simply teleport in front of our gems like that.

It's now Antarc time. I don't know if I can stomach that arc a second time...

Have some nostalgic and funny time looking and those panels:
Dis guy too OP...

Phos is hilarious :lmao

Antarc <3 :zomg :wtf
Can't answer all question as spoilers and basically everything will be rrevealed, but for the first question about the three species, it relates to Buddhism, this manga have a lot of Buddhism reference, tho I be honest I kinda forgot how exactly for the admirabilis aka the fresh

Those clothes are super clothes made by cutie red beryl

Serious answer: it just ichikawa unique art style

Human are dead dead, there no human in this manga only pieces if human that are the three species
Basically humans evolved into sth else
Your second answer will be answered if u continue reading

:scry antarc oh the memories... :crying

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I finished chapter 20 right now and it is basically the conclusion of the winter arc. It was pretty straight forward, but very beautiful in a sad way. Antarc is indeed my favorite character in this series and it hurts a lot to see your favorite character gone so fast. I love his strict manner, it reminds me of Bortz but without all the rudeness. Instead, you can find a touch of Dia's personality within Antarc, which makes me feel so attached to him.

Sometimes, I have trouble to understand what is going on during the fight scenes. It is similar to Tokyo Ghoul in that regard where you don't know who is doing what. :lmao A minor complaint though.

By the way, it is interesting to see that the Moon People also try to get their hands on Sensei. He is probably the most mysterious character since he doesn't fit to anything/anyone.

Screenshot time:
This is one of the reasons I like Antarc so much.

Phos's facial expressions are pure gold. <3

Antarc <3

Phos comments in the most dire situations are priceless :lmao

That panel felt like a dagger in my heart... : (

Part of me died here in the anime... now... another part died during my read... :nomoar

That "yes" almost makes one cry...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess I covered the anime now, chapter 30 finished. Not much happened between 21-30 though. There are old and new types of Moon People, which was to be expected. I am still very curious about how the they appear like that out of nowhere. I need a good explanation for that one with all the conditions and limitations. Because there has to be some kind of limitation otherwise there is nothing holding them back to attack the school with their entire force which I assume they have.

The afterwords already stated that Sensei is a suspicious character, and the incident with Shiro further supports it. Even before Shiro, Sensei was surrounded by the Moon People but it didn't really look like as he was being attacked. So, he definitely has some connection to the Moon People. The gems are also aware of that fact, but they still blindly trust him. I don't think he has to be a bad guy, but I'm on Phos's side here. I would also like to know the truth if I were one of the gems. Blind trust/loyalty is not my thing.

When Shiro vanished, Sensei said that it didn't go back to the Moon, because it was satisfied. I wonder what he means with that. What is it that satisfies the Moon People and make them vanish? And what does it mean for the Moon People to get satisfied, what happens with them afterwards?

Finally, I got to see Padparadscha in the manga as well. But she is asleep again. : / I thought she was awake for a longer time in the anime... Her screentime in the manga was very short.

The Zirc bit with Bortz was kinda funny. I still don't understand why Bortz acts the way he acts. He is not wrong with what he says, he is not a bad person either, but the he expresses his mind is just awful. I'm all for being honest, but there are several ways to communicate honesty and Bortz's way is the wrong one.

By the way: I just throw my thoughts out here. I know you can't say much because either of spoilers or the fact that the manga hasn't answered the questions yet. You don't need to force yourself to come up with a reply. x)

Screenshots:
These kind of interactions are so damn funny, and this manga has a shit ton of those :lmao

Nice to see that Bortz also has his limits...

Phos would make an excellent standup comedian...

Alex's loser version lmao....

Phos <3

xD

Jesus Zirc... don't think like that xD you are a prodigy student, you are perfection...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Only read til chapter 35 today, but mainly because I used the time to finish the last volume of the Dark Tower. I am pretty certain that I will catch up with HnK within the next two days.

It's non-anime content now and I am pretty hyped up. The Moon People threw a couple of letters at Phos which is quite interesting. It appears like it wanted to say "Fuan" (=anxiety), but it can also be easily a red herring, so I take it with a grain of salt. What I found way more interesting is the the surprised facial expression of the Moon People. Looks like it was in a trance and Phos waked it up? Which makes me question whether the Moon People which appeared so far have a self-awareness or if they are just being mind-controlled?

Ghost got some screentime and he is quite hilarious. But I didn't like that he simply jumped at the "sphere" so carelessly, it was extremely stupid. At least we got some information about the Sensei that way. Can we now say that he is a gem now? I'm still not sure. The way he uses his fragments to fight is unique and he can also heal himself, which means he can't lose his memories, right?

Alex the maniac :lmao

Phos so cute <3 :zomg

Zirc sure got some balls of steel there, fuahahhahaha

Ghost lives up to his name

Yeah, yeah... curiosity often comes with a price, Phos...

Almost halfway through, chapter 40 it is.

I still eagerly wait for Shinsha to have a bigger role in one arc. Not that I care much about him at this point, but so far we were only teased about Shinsha. I must admit, though, that this scene was both very cute and sad at the same time. Also loved the fact that Shinsha confronted Phos with the question what he would do if he found out about Sensei and doesn't approve of it. To which Phos has no answer, leaves it as it is and doesn't come up with a shounen cliche speech.

As much as I love Phos, I can't understand the recklessness of him (or some other gems for that matter to be precise). Now Ghost, whom I took a liking to, is gone as well, and none other than Phos is responsible for it. Which would make me quite furious under normal circumstances but the series knows and understands how to make good use of losses. I have no problems with when characters I like get killed or disappear as long as I get something good in return. Many series fail in this regard which leaves me unable to understand why said characters get killed in the first place. In this case, Cairngorm emerges and beats the shit out of Phos. I couldn't ask for more. I loved it, I appreciated it, I rooted for Cairn, I got a laughing fit, but at the same time felt extremely sorry for Phos. This is exactly what I need, it is a great transition.

It looks like Phos's mental state affects the alloy within his body? Or what is the reason for the alloy getting crazy on its own?
It is funny to see when emo Phos is confronted with stuff which cheerful Phos once said :lmao

It has been causing trouble for anyone Phos... not just yourself...

The moment Phos realized he fucked up. :lmao

This hit me like a train... :nomoar

Deserved... Phos deserved it sooo much!!!!

lmao...

At least, Phos hasn't lost his sense of humor xD

Go Cairngorm! Go! GO!

I thought the exact same thing. xD

Winter is coming... again...

What the hell happened between the chapters 41-45???

The Moon People are seriously triggering me... always coming up with new means and methods to attack the gems. This time they use bombs? and an army of little annoying shits units... The gems handled the situation partly well, partly reckless (again). Of course it is difficult to deal with unknown situations but they have to learn to be way more cautious. Otherwise, the fight gets messed up even more like here
...or here...
Most of this can be avoided actually.

By the way, is Cairn supposed to reflect the mind of the readers whenever Phos decides to get recked again? :lmao

We also get more info on Sensei bit by bit. Once he was shown alone with the board, I expected him to state that it belongs to him. Can't wait the series to show us the truth about him.

And now... the most shocking event for me... they attached Lapis's head to Phos's body.

Who will wake up? Phos? Lapis? Another personality? How am I supposed to handle it? What happens when they find the fragments of Lapis? Or the head of Phos? My head feels dizzy...

Another shocking revelation for me was this:
What else is hiding there? Just, what the hell?

Now... 100 years have passed after Phos's head was taken to the moon. And Phos's body hasn't moved an inch since then. Or should we call it Lapis's body? Ugh... my head...

Screenshots:
:lmao

Antarc... Cairn... Lapis... Phos... I don't know what to call them either...

So true, Cairn...

Funny how surprised Phos is once he is in charge of everything. xD

:lmao