Seinen - Ase to Sekken by Kintetsu Yamada | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Ase to Sekken by Kintetsu Yamada

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Ase to Sekken
aka Sweat and Soap
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Story & Art: Kintetsu Yamada

Synopsis:

Asako-san has always had a problem - she sweats all the time. This has lead to her using deodorants and soaps for a long time, to mask her sweats and body odour. In her twenties, she works for a cosmetics company called Lilia Drop. One day, one of the company's product designers, Natori-san, catches a whiff of Asako-san. Natori's sharp senses draw him straight to Asako, he needs her scent. For work. And then more.

Ase to Sekken is a romantic comedy with hints of sensual, fragrant notes.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Read vol 1 just then, I'm into this. Sexy and adorable, so I can't drop it just yet. Asako-san is the type you have to protect; and I'm more taken with the couple. Hopefully the manga can keep it up, don't want to trust my first impressions yet because I'm a sucker for this set up.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I dont know at all this manga, came across several twits of mangamogura praising it, tbh the synopsis always felt weird to me :arf
but just to let you know the manga is ending on January, saw the news a couple of weeks ago.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The manga doesn't feel like it could last too long, so I like that it won't be a long series.

Maybe no need for the thread though, lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Through to chapter 20 and it's still a good read. Was sad for Ichise-san but she's got good energy so she bounced right back up. Asako x Natori still strong.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Maybe no need for the thread though, lol.
oh no, its still long enough, it will end at chap 97, theres probably a lot to say about it.

It thas great receptions, as much as i m probably the 1st who would say to never trust a synopsis to go and give a chance and would do even for this one, i still find the premises a little turn off, and thats probably the reason i ve never picked this. i had a teacher at uni who had this condition the girl is suffering. And its visible, you cant really hide it and. when in class, i was always far enough, so i never realized how hard it was, till one day, some students had a presentation and he sat not too far from me, and i felt bad for him and wondered how much he had to suffer from exclusion, smell is so heavy you probably cant hide it, and my words might sound harsh, but yeah its pretty disgusting. Tbh, it s not a condition you can live easily with and build a romance on. It's not a condtion you can hide easily/magically with various scents, its socially handicapping, you cant even shake hands with colleagues, and as a fragrance sucker, i think if its a girl suffering from it, its even more degrading as it harms her feminity. Props to the author to try to do something different and do a romance involving character who have specifc/unusual circunstances, that im happy for. Im not saying theres no possible romance, but lets be honest there's almost no man in the world who would want to have a love story with a woman suffering with that, or if such a romance exists it should be challenging. You said its adorable, after volume 1 i do trust you, im pretty sure it is, but that intrigues me, I cant see anything sweet and fluffy and from the very start to boot, with a character being from the start in such a degrading position i can see it but maybe later. Not that i expect a manga to be realistic. But to me, it cant work so easily like this, im not saying you cant build anything, or at least it has to be something challenging, so i cant see such a story with no drama, no very difficult/sad moments. Im probably a little harsh, and possibly wrong to judge something i havent even read, and im probably biased since i ve seen someone with this condition and i cant help making connections in my mind each time i see this manga mentioned. Again it has great reviews, so im assuming its a good read :teehee .

But im pretty curious about what you said about the series, looking forward to your thoughts about this manga as your reading progress.

edit sorry if i sound harsh, while i havent read it, and i know its good, according to what ve heard, its just me being too stubborn and biased.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
oh no, its still long enough, it will end at chap 97, theres probably a lot to say about it.
That's actually a lot. I think the translated chapters is in the 40's.

It thas great receptions, as much as i m probably the 1st who would say to never trust a synopsis to go and give a chance and would do even for this one, i still find the premises a little turn off, and thats probably the reason i ve never picked this. i had a teacher at uni who had this condition the girl is suffering. And its visible, you cant really hide it and. when in class, i was always far enough, so i never realized how hard it was, till one day, some students had a presentation and he sat not too far from me, and i felt bad for him and wondered how much he had to suffer from exclusion, smell is so heavy you probably cant hide it, and my words might sound harsh, but yeah its pretty disgusting. Tbh, it s not a condition you can live easily with and build a romance on.
I think with that experience it will be trouble for you to read this, so your first impression was fairly accurate.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
That's actually a lot. I think the translated chapters is in the 40's.
Yep, that surprised me too, 1st time ive heard about this manga i expected it to last around 40-50 chaps at most.

I think with that experience it will be trouble for you to read this, so your first impression was fairly accurate.
I assumed, thats the reason ive never picked it and will probably wont, while ive read good things about it, but still curious about people opinion about it.