Asi es la vida, baby~ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Asi es la vida, baby~

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Limited time offer: post in the The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread and win…a big “thanks”!! and maybe something else as well...

Hi, I’m Destiny. I’m a moderator at the OC (Otaku Café) and the GC (General Category).

Feel free to ask me questions, but since I’m a little shy I reserve the right to keep some answers a secret.

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Limited time offer: post in the The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread and win…

YAYYYY DESTINYYYYYYY!!!!!! :confetti

Congrats on your thread :hbunny

Hmmm... What to ask, what to ask... :shakefist

How do you keep track of all your emoticons that aren't MH default ones? :blink Do you have them in an extra window and just copy and paste whenever you need them?

You work part-time, yes? What do you work as? :)

What is your favorite anime of all time? :D

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Limited time offer: post in the The MangaHelpers Anime Awards Nominations Thread and win…

Good morning, desty!

How do you feel about casual alcohol like beer and vodka? Would you be totally averse to drinking it?

Do you read Kimi ni Todoke? If you do, how behind are you compared to the anime?

Can you snap your fingers?

Oh, and vote in the Anime awards! :yelling

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

:wtf des-chan has a thread :wtf

What is your favorite non-anime/manga form of entertainment?

Favorite subject in school?

Cats or dogs?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Hello, Desty. The right reminder for me to post in the awards thread but first some questions after the above questions...

Favourite Colour?
Favourite Dish?
Any phobia?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

And the day has come when des-chan made a thread...:yay...(sorry if the smiley is inappropriate)...:yay

I hope that the title doesn't mean that this thread will disappear after the Awards...

I know UR a J-drama fan...can you suggest something where the actors are actually good...because it's sooo hard to find...and it's a comfortable way to practice japanese

And let me compliment your username choice...it's one of my favs on MH:zomg

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

YAYYYY DESTINYYYYYYY!!!!!! :confetti

Congrats on your thread :hbunny
Thanks, Salad! :hug

How do you keep track of all your emoticons that aren't MH default ones? :blink Do you have them in an extra window and just copy and paste whenever you need them?
My secret has been discovered!! Because that is exactly what I do.

You work part-time, yes? What do you work as? :)
I’m currently helping my mom in her business, but I have applied for a couple of jobs as a Human Resources Assistant. As a matter of fact, I’m waiting the reply for two possible jobs. For one of them, I should have a reply before this week ends.

What is your favorite anime of all time? :D
Clannad and Clannad After Story. Love that anime!!

Good morning, desty!
Good evening, M3J! :)

How do you feel about casual alcohol like beer and vodka? Would you be totally averse to drinking it?
Why is your first question in this thread about alcohol?

Do you read Kimi ni Todoke? If you do, how behind are you compared to the anime?
I think the last chapter I read was….
the one when Shota confesses and Sawako completely misunderstands him and misunderstandingfest happens

Can you snap your fingers?

Oh, and vote in the Anime awards! :yelling
But the voting process hasn’t started yet….

:wtf des-chan has a thread :wtf
I have one now.

What is your favorite non-anime/manga form of entertainment?
I have various so I can’t really choose just one as my favorite. I like dancing, reading books, writing short stories, listening to music, watching movies (big movies fan), hanging out with my friends and family, playing sports, and I used to but haven’t done it in quite a while, playing the piano.

Favorite subject in school?
High School or College?

Cats or dogs?
I like both, but I’m definitely a doggy person. :) In fact, my pet is a white shih tzu.

Hello, Desty. The right reminder for me to post in the awards thread but first some questions after the above questions...
Hi Koen! And thank you for posting your nominations! :hug I really appreciate it.

Favourite Colour?
Red

Favourite Dish?
Hard question…I can’t decide…

Any phobia?
Phopia what you call phobia…no, I don’t think I have one. But I’m a bit afraid of heights (especially when mountain climbing) and of thunders.

And the day has come when des-chan made a thread...:yay...(sorry if the smiley is inappropriate)...:yay
Thank you for the enthusiasm about the thread, bene-kun! :hug

I hope that the title doesn't mean that this thread will disappear after the Awards...
That’s a secret…

I know UR a J-drama fan...can you suggest something where the actors are actually good...because it's sooo hard to find...and it's a comfortable way to practice Japanese
Sure. :) I don’t know your tastes drama-wise but I would definitely recommend:
Hana Yori Dango, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Gokusen, Nobuta wo Produce, Liar Game, My Boss My Hero and Nodame Cantabile.

And let me compliment your username choice...it's one of my favs on MH:zomg
Awww Thank you, bene-kun! :hug I think your username is pretty cool too.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

It just is. Answer, abuela! :yelling

Oh, gotcha. You should so totally catch up in reading the manga!

Does not answer my question. :mad Can you snap your fingers? D:

Voting, nomination, same thing. D: Why must you pick on poor M3J? T_T

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Destiny, you finally have a thread! :wtf Here are a few questions I have.

1. If you go to school, what are you studying? Do you have any career aspirations?

2. When did you start watching/reading anime and manga?

3. If you could spend a day with anyone (alive, dead, real, fictional) who would it be?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

My username is my real name actually...so if it's cool then I have a cool name which makes me cool:cool

I didn't like LG and Nodame Cantabile...such weak actors:darn...but I will check out the rest of those titles, maybe I can find something...thanks a lot!

What do you dance or what do you like? I'm pretty much the dancer meself:maracas

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Destiny has a thread :tem! I like seeing your posts in the otaku theater :eyeroll

Hello! Okay let me ask you about anime, who is your favorite anime character and how long have you been watching anime?
What is the anime character that you can relate to most?

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh, gotcha. You should so totally catch up in reading the manga!
But then I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the anime to the fullest…

Does not answer my question. :mad Can you snap your fingers? D:
Yes, I can. And can you snap yours?

Voting, nomination, same thing. D: Why must you pick on poor M3J? T_T
I’m not picking on you…

Destiny, you finally have a thread! :wtf Here are a few questions I have.
Hi Asarii :).

1. If you go to school, what are you studying? Do you have any career aspirations?
I’m finishing my last year of college. I’m studying Human Resources and Psychology. And you? What are you studying?

2. When did you start watching/reading anime and manga?
Here's my first anime and my first manga was Inuyasha, I started reading it after I finished watching the anime because I wanted to know what girl Inuyasha had chosen in the end. Same questions back at you. :)

3. If you could spend a day with anyone (alive, dead, real, fictional) who would it be?
A person dear to me who sadly isn’t by my side anymore and who I miss very, very much…

My username is my real name actually...so if it's cool then I have a cool name which makes me cool:cool
Bene-kun has always been cool. :cool: And having an awesome name makes you even cooler. I haven’t heard your name before…so I’m a bit curious about it, does it have a special meaning behind it?

I didn't like LG and Nodame Cantabile...such weak actors:darn..
I actually thought they were pretty good actors, yes, they were exaggerated at times, but I thought they were good.

.but I will check out the rest of those titles, maybe I can find something...thanks a lot!
You're very welcome. ^_^ Since I’m beginning to have an idea about your tastes, I think you should check Nobuta wo Produce out first, it is a wonderful J-drama with a great message.

What do you dance or what do you like? I'm pretty much the dancer meself:maracas
Really? You like to dance too, bene-kun. Cool! :thumbs
I love salsa , especially when dancing with a boy who knows how to lead and that is a good salsa dancer. ;) I like samba, cumbia, a bit of reggaeton, a bit of hip-hop, I also like to create and dance choreographies. I like a little bit of everything I guess. And you? What do you dance?

Destiny has a thread :tem! I like seeing your posts in the otaku theater :eyeroll
Thank you, Zeltrax! :hug I like seeing your posts in the OC as well. ^_^

Hello! Okay let me ask you about anime, who is your favorite anime character and how long have you been watching anime?
My favorite anime character…I like too many to pick just one. And you? Who is your favorite character? And I’ve been watching anime since I was two years old.

What is the anime character that you can relate to most?
Relate to the most…I don’t think I can answer that either since in a way or another I can relate to various anime characters that I like :). I guess one of the reasons why I like them is because I can relate to them. And you? What is the anime character that you can relate to the most?

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

But then I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the anime to the fullest…

Yes, I can. And can you snap yours?

I’m not picking on you…
Sooooo? Anime is smelly, manga is not. :pwnge

I can snap my fingers like I can whip my ha- oh wait, I got it cut short. I can snap my fingers. How's your whistling? Ever been called the Florence Nightingale of whistling? :hurr

You are, abuela. T_T

A person dear to me who sadly isn’t by my side anymore and who I miss very, very much…
Sorry to read. :(

Really? You like to dance too, bene-kun. Cool! :thumbs
I love salsa , especially when dancing with a boy who knows how to lead and that is a good salsa dancer. ;)
:hurr

you sure you should hug others when you have Charles? :oh

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hi Asarii :).
Hello! :vbunny

I’m finishing my last year of college. I’m studying Human Resources and Psychology. And you? What are you studying?
It's almost the end of the year so good luck! What subfield of psychology are you specializing in?

I'm in second-year, and I'm planning on taking an Anthropology and a Modern European studies degree.

Here's my first anime and my first manga was Inuyasha, I started reading it after I finished watching the anime because I wanted to know what girl Inuyasha had chosen in the end. Same questions back at you. :)
The anime looks really familiar! I remember the Inuyasha craze way back then. :p Who was your favourite character?

My first anime was either Anpanman or Doraemon; my first manga was one of the shoujo manga I was reading from Nakayoshi Monthly magazine. I remember reading Urukyu.

I'm sorry to hear. :hug

Another question! Apart from watching/reading anime and manga, what else do you enjoy to do in your spare time?

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My favorite anime character…I like too many to pick just one. And you? Who is your favorite character? And I’ve been watching anime since I was two years old.
You got me there, I think my answer is the same as yours..
and I think I shouldn't have asked that :darn. I have too many that I love to choose from too ;)

Wow since you were two?! What anime was that?

You're really a long time anime fan :eyeroll

Relate to the most…I don’t think I can answer that either since in a way or another I can relate to various anime characters that I like . I guess one of the reasons why I like them is because I can relate to them. And you? What is the anime character that you can relate to the most?
Although I can't answer the one above, but I think I can answer this. As many anime characters as I can relate to, there is this particular guy that I inspire to be like, weird huh? He's a fictional work afterall.
He's actually Gintoki from Gintama. The thing about him is that he's really strong and is a very experience samurai.
But he chose to laze away and make funny comments about people :blink
Yet he'll always be there for his friends.
I think I can relate to him being lazy and being funny, but what I like about him/want to be like him the most is him choosing to live a peaceful life despite that much power ;)
and also be funny and rude and kind at the same time..:oh

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Thanks, Salad! :hug

My secret has been discovered!! Because that is exactly what I do.
:hug

I knew it :3c

You should totally just bug Kaiten or someone to make them "official" MH smileys. You could have your own "destiny" section in the smiley list :XD

I’m currently helping my mom in her business, but I have applied for a couple of jobs as a Human Resources Assistant. As a matter of fact, I’m waiting the reply for two possible jobs. For one of them, I should have a reply before this week ends.
Ooh, the week has more or less ended (at least on my side of the world)... So how did it go? :tem I hope you got the job!!

Ah, well, you know about my "opinions" about Clannad already so... :sweat If I do get round to watching it again I'll let you know :amuse

What about favorite manga? (though I know you don't read much)

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Well Bene is just the family name...but Lorant however has german roots, but UR probably familiar with the french Laurent as well...it means glory and daring:smugbunny...

And I'm dancing pretty much everything myself...I don't really like salsa...for one I'm not much of latino spirit, despite my thread's title:sweatdrop...and the fact that for a latino dance salsa is a bit static IMO...I like samba more, or the gentle rumba...

But I'm more for these standard dances, like tango, waltz etc...

<.Haruka.>

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Hello Des-chan! :)
You finally made your mod thread. :zomg :woo
I kinda late to discover it because rl kept me busy these past few weeks until recent.
I'll gonna post here for the limited time offer. :tem
I'm really excited who will win in the mh anime awards just like in the mh manga awards before, i hope my bet will win even just one. :p
Also, I love your smileys, they're really creative and cute.
I can't think of a question to ask, maybe some other time when I have collected enough pieces/fragments of Chaos to reconstruct some interesting queries.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Your avy...:wtf

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Your avy...:wtf
yeah, really adorable :hbunny Ohana is such a nice girl, just like you :ninja XD

and here I finally am, come by and respond as fast as you can or else I will go on a :rant

so you're studying psychology? wow that's quite impressive! Do you want to become a psychologist?
what exactly is Human Resources about? I looked it up in a dictionary but I can't find a related/similar german subject :shakefist

destiny4ever said:
is Clannad really that awesome? O___o

destiny4ever said:
I love salsa , especially when dancing with a boy who knows how to lead and that is a good salsa dancer. I like samba, cumbia, a bit of reggaeton, a bit of hip-hop, I also like to create and dance choreographies. I like a little bit of everything I guess.
could you teach me some? XD I'm a total sucker at dancing :oh

and now for some questions:

what's your favourite country?/what country would you love to visit?
what's your favourite music genre (if you have one)?
favourite sport or sport you watch regularly (on TV)?
what's your hair colour? XD