At what age do you start feeling old | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

At what age do you start feeling old

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Usually when you start living on your own with minimal help from others, particularly, your family.
Either happens when you move out or go off to university or something.

Started feeling it when I turned 19. Having to work to actually be able to feed myself was no piece of cake lol.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm 25! My life is boring yet it passed so fast. I remember things happened when i was 15 as if it was yesterday. It's insane how time flies and you grow older just like that. It Feels like im in a fast train, Every station takes a year but it feels like an hour.

I feel old every passing second, It's depressing when you think about it too much.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm 25! My life is boring yet it passed so fast. I remember things happened when i was 15 as if it was yesterday. It's insane how time flies and you grow older just like that. It Feels like im in a fast train, Every station takes a year but it feels like an hour.

I feel old every passing second, It's depressing when you think about it too much.
Aye~ :comfort
Wait till you get to 37 and you'll understand this Ol' Cha's depressings. :notlikethis

Makasa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I don't feel old and I'm 27. Honestly, there was one moment about a year ago when I thought my life had been passing and I hadn't achieved much and etc. But I recovered quickly and now I try not to think of that and focus more on how life can be great and exciting.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For me it started from the age of zero until 5, to present. ...

:shootme

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I felt "old" by the time I reached the age of 26. By then, compared to my peers, I was more mature and found it difficult to relate to other people. I ceased having interest in anything related to materialism, greed, or other egotistical endeavors. I simply wanted to enjoy life's natural treasures without anything obstructing my solitude. Growing up in a harsh environment forced me to have a lot of life experience, and because of this, people occasionally sought me out for simple wisdom and knowledge. Because of this, I often live a life behind the scenes, because I am a very observant person. I would rather watch life happen and recount to others what I've learned than live unconsciously.

Still, I feel young because there's so much more to discover. There's more to life than just living like a drone and then dying. I still feel that vigor I had when I felt "young": the need to move up, to achieve, TO CONQUER.

Nanabtree

Reaction score
Country
Norway
My personal experience is that my view on what's "old" changes as I get older. 🤷‍♀️

Ethic

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
In a philosophical sense it depends on what you you define as old. Is it a feeling to you, a state of living so to say, or do you look at the biological factors?
We could also say, how long do you see yourself as 'young' or 'in your youth'?
Sociologist are constantly debating on how long someone can be defined as 'youth' /'adolescent'.
Some are taking biological factors as the measuring focus and will tell you that adolescence ends as soon as you've finished puberty or after your brain is fully developed (18 ~25 years old).
Others take social indicators like managing your life independently, moving out, having finished a primary education that allows you to go to work and earn a living etc. Some of those definitions adolescence can last up until the 60's.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, sure I've also been getting older, but that doesn't mean I do less stuff, maybe I do different stuff now.
I for example don't go partying that hard anymore, I couldn't even if I wanted to because I know if I'm out on Saturday until sunrise I'll run around screwed up at least until wednesday, which I can't afford since I have another degree of responsibilites to carry now that I'm older and my interests also changed.
I'd say enjoy your life regardless of such labels, just keep being active and pursueing goals :)

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

104 year old woman: "Two doctors told me if I continue to drink so much Dr Pepper, I would die. But they died first."

She's 104 and doesn't appear to feel old. Gives me hope for the future!

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just feel like the same worthless loser since I was in school. Just change school with a job I hate and there you go.
and I don't want to hear anyone's worthless "just work hard" advice. Because that doesn't help anyone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just want to make it clear that I am not saying
that hard work isn’t important cuz it is.

But you can work hard and never get anywhere.