Match - Atobe vs Sanada/Tezuka/Fuji Rematch/Match! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Atobe vs Sanada/Tezuka/Fuji Rematch/Match!

Atobe Vs Sanada/Tezuka/Fuji

• Atobe Beats Sanada

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Sanada Beats Atobe

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Atobe Beats Tezuka

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Tezuka Beats Atobe

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Atobe Beats Fuji

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Fuji Beats Atobe

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Basically, while doing the complete tier list I started thinking whether or not Atobe should be in a tier lower than Sanada/Tezuka. I mean he does have a plothax power (World of Ice) and he's constantly going on about how Tezuka is his rival. Plus, its the U-17 finals now. So, he could be as good as Sanada or Tezuka now if not then? At the very least I think he's above Fuji but then again I don't know. Fuji could have grown and gotten even more plothax powers (108th counter :p).

So,

Atobe vs Sanada
Atobe vs Tezuka
Atobe vs Fuji

I'd say...

Atobe vs Sanada (Atobe 7-6) The closest match in my mind.

The only move I think Atobe would have problems with is Rai and In. These are two very high mountains to climb but Atobe is physically very strong and fast. More than anything Atobe is a genius. I can see him figuring out a way to beat it. He may not but it is possible. However, Sanada can't really spam Rai or his legs go out. Who knows here.

In, may completely nullify his World of Ice. In this case Atobe has problems. Now if World of Ice works then Atobe has the advantage.

Atobe vs Tezuka (Tezuka 6-7) ...on this on only because I think Tezuka will has grown since being defeated by Sanada. I don't know how but maybe now he can spam Zero Shiki serves and his arm doesn't continually fail him.

Atobe vs Fuji (Atobe 6-3) If that. I don't really see Fuji being able to beat World of Ice...unless closed eyes works on World of Ice...

Poll is a bit ugly...sorry, I just don't know of any better way to do it.

Last edited:

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada beats Atobe
Tezuka beats Atobe
Atobe beats Fuji

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats exactly what I thought Fayte!

If Sanada can return Tezuka's Zero Shiki Serve, why not Tannhauser? Though he did "lose" the first match, you could argue that Sanada was way too stubborn, there wasn't the variety he had unlike the first game v Tezuka. I highly doubt Atobe can return Rai either - perhaps he could copy what Yukimura did but...

Tezuka would beat Atobe if it wasn't for his ARMMMMMMM

Atobe V Fuji...thats a hard one. I don't know if Fuji could return world of ice...5th counter would take awhile to break and either after that, theres the 6th counter...how would atobe return that? Gonna go for a 7-5 atobe with that.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hard to tell. While I think Atobe deserves to be in the same tier as Sanada and Tezuka, I think he would lose by a bit to both of them (6-7).

vs Fuji, I don't really know. I suppose it depends on the number of counters Fuji can make use of. I'll go with 7-5 Atobe, though.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats exactly what I thought Fayte!

If Sanada can return Tezuka's Zero Shiki Serve, why not Tannhauser? Though he did "lose" the first match, you could argue that Sanada was way too stubborn, there wasn't the variety he had unlike the first game v Tezuka. I highly doubt Atobe can return Rai either - perhaps he could copy what Yukimura did but...

Tezuka would beat Atobe if it wasn't for his ARMMMMMMM

Atobe V Fuji...thats a hard one. I don't know if Fuji could return world of ice...5th counter would take awhile to break and either after that, theres the 6th counter...how would atobe return that? Gonna go for a 7-5 atobe with that.
Sanada can return Zero-Shiki serve? When did this happen? I don't remember.

However, Hyoshi can return tannhauser there is no way Sanada couldn't. It's why I didn't include it in my analysis. :) I think Atobe's only real shot at winning is World of Ice.

Although thanks to this little poll I think Atobe does deserve to be in the same tier as Tezuka and Sanada even if he can't beat them. He's still above everyone below him.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada and Tezuka both beat him in tie breaks, I think. At least, right now.

Atobe would completely dismantle Fuji. 6-1 at least.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
First of all, what is it with those scores?
Don't you guys know all of Atobe's matches are insanely long tie-breakers?

Every single one of them would end 7-6.

Sanada vs Atobe
Atobe, 7-6(50-48)

Sanada uses Rai to randomly teleport around the court since he can't see where Atobe is hitting his shots, he has to do it randomly to hit them. Atobe keeps leading with Tannhouser serves(remember, Sanada just returned ONE Zero shiki serve, and Tezuka's arm was busted when that happened)

Sanada's leg slowly start to give up...Then he reveals his legs are fine. He did special training to make his muscles stronger. Then Atobe says "Huh? Your legs? You were paying so much attention to them you didn't notice...Your knees!"

Flashback to the Tezuka match. Atobe went to destroy Sanada's knee by making him return all those tannhousers(he has to bend his knees to return it) using his insight. Atobe wins with the Rondo Towards Destruction, and the match ends with them shaking hands. Because that's the only way Atobe, Tezuka and Sanada know how to end matches against each other.

Atobe vs Tezuka

7-6 Tezuka, 9001-8999.
Atobe:TANHOUSER!
Tezuka:ZERO SHIKI SERVE!
Sanada:...WOULD IT KILL TO USE SOMETHING DIFFERENT?

Seriously though, Atobe can destroy the Tezuka zone now, and Tezuka would be forced to use the Phantom. Atobe would see with his insight how easy would it be to destroy Tezuka's arm now...

Then he decides against it, which costs him the match, but saves him his pride.

Atobe vs Fuji
7-6 Atobe (42-40)

Fuji plays with his eyes closed, which counters world of ice. Atobe's general tennis sense is still overall better(he can copy Higuma Otoshi without even trying) which would make him win the match.

It would come down to who is more popular. And that's Atobe.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada uses Rai to randomly teleport around the court since he can't see where Atobe is hitting his shots, he has to do it randomly to hit them. Atobe keeps leading with Tannhouser serves(remember, Sanada just returned ONE Zero shiki serve, and Tezuka's arm was busted when that happened)
No. That is your assumption. The zero shiki serve was nothing less than a zero shiki serve. Nowhere in the entire match does it suggest what you say. Don't say Tezuka was handicap because he wasn't. Excuses that are taken out of context annoy me.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
No. That is your assumption. The zero shiki serve was nothing less than a zero shiki serve. Nowhere in the entire match does it suggest what you say. Don't say Tezuka was handicap because he wasn't. Excuses that are taken out of context annoy me.
...So you are saying that internal bleeding is not a handicap and does not in any way affect your performance in tennis?

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't the Tannhauser EASIER to return because it BARELY BOUNCES and skids along the ground whilst the Zero Shiki acutllay rolls back on impact? Plus Hiyoshi returned it, surely Sanada can return it? He has a shot better than Rai now too, though we have no idea what it is :S

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hiyoshi returned it because he "saw it countless times" but even nationals Echizen couldn't. Sanada would probably return it, but not on his first try.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Atobe VS Sanada
Atobe
Why? I think that Ice World couldn´t be countered simply by Rai or In.
If not, Sanada would win, of course, but I support the theory Ice World>Rai
Rai could be stopped if Atobe with his Insight: if he discovered the secrets of the spin of TZone , IMAO he could do the same with Rai.

Atobe VS Tezuka
Tezuka
Why?
Zero Shiki Serve is simply unstoppable. Yeah, Insight would beat TZone and even TPhantom, but I think Zero Shiki Drop Shot and Serve would be really difficult to counter

Atobe VS Fuji
Fuji
Why?
Closed-eyes game would defeat Ice World, IMAO. We don't know how the hell how Hoshi Hanabi could be countered (I'm sure Atobe wouldn´t suffer VS the other counters).And the most important, Fuji is like a Pokemon, always evolving.

OFFTOPIC
Second Davis Cup in a row!! And fourth in 9 years!!(2000,2004,2008,2009)

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This isn't the place for spanish nationalism, there's a tennis thread on the site. Search For it.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This isn't the place for spanish nationalism, there's a tennis thread on the site. Search For it.
Oh,men, don´t be so strict. This forum has other offtopics (other series, comics,fencing) and nobody complains

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
When there's nothing to discuss about a chapter or in one of the "looser" threads, but this one has a specific purpose. No one here, even in any off topic posts mentioned anything about davis cup or giving two fucks about Davis cup. Back on topic this about Atobe, Fuji, Tezuka and Sanada.

Sanada>Atobe = He's probably slightly better at the end of the day in terms of sheer tennis skill and no hax...then again they're both extremely disciplined.
Atobe> Fuji = He just does....if he could do Higuma otoshi w/o muga or practice and just from watching it i'm sure he could even MIMIC the other counters...
Atobe> Tezuka = World of ice and insight will PWN the zones imo...Zero shiki serve...he returned a Muga Blitz..he can find a way.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Konomi automatically wins :D

Seriously though, Atobe wouldn't be able to return Rai, but if he was watching Yukimuras match, he's definately flexible enough to use that. World of Ice is a bit overrated though don't you think? He'd win every match if thats the case!

I'm personally in favour of Tezuka winning over Atobe, but only barely. How is Atobe gonna reverse the spin that Tezuka had to put 6x over? I don't think he can return Zero Shiki serve, but definately Zero shiki, but most the time in a Tezuka match, he gets one zsd shot over, with the opponent saying something like, "Zero shiki...drop shot"

How the hell does closed eye return everything? EVERYTHING HAS A BLIND SPOT - except for Yukimura - closing your eyes, there are still fking blind spots man!! Atobe will be able to break first four counters, struggle with the fifth, and somehow defeating the sixth. I don't really see Atobe the kind to mimic the 5th counter though, can you imagine him smiling in a Fuji style and reversing his racket rofl

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Atobe> Tezuka = World of ice and insight will PWN the zones imo...Zero shiki serve...he returned a Muga Blitz..he can find a way.
Since when does WoI or Insight (which is the same thing) defeat Tezuka Zone? let alone Phantom. Was it not Echizen's version of Tezuka Zone that defeated Atobe's WoI to begin with?

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Since when does WoI or Insight (which is the same thing) defeat Tezuka Zone? let alone Phantom. Was it not Echizen's version of Tezuka Zone that defeated Atobe's WoI to begin with?
Atobe could go all "I can read you" on Tezuka, and AIM for a shot that was going out, because Tezuka's spin would make it go in.

Like, Tezuka hits a shot. If Atobe aims to hit Tezuka's court, the ball will go out. But if Atobe uses his insight to calculate the extent of the Phantom, he could hit it outside of the court so that the Phantom would somehow make it go in.

I can see Konomi pulling something like that off. It would fit Atobe's style.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah but Atobe defeated Tezuka zone using insight, so there's that. And sherlocks theory of phantom is similar to my own.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm sure Atobe could fight VS Tezuka's Zone and Phantom
The main problem for me are Zero Shiki Drop Shot (Atobe doesn´t go many times to the net) and Zero Shiki Serve. I can not imagine how could Atobe counter it.
And Tezuka would still have Pinnacle of Wisdom...