Info - Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes

Udarsha45

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) that East Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.

Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.

Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...titan-creator-aims-to-end-manga-in-20-volumes

Brother Coa

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Only 9 more to go?
That how much now?..... ~40 chapters divided by 12.... almost three and a half years.
Enough time to finish the series in my opinion :)

epictoads

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given that we have almost finished what will be volume 12 (with the next chapter in 2 weeks) that leaves 8 volumes left and 35ish chapters. So it should end within 3 years unless they release more chapters per month. This news makes me more hopeful for a good ending if he already has it all planned out. Also lessens the worry of it ending up as one of those "rinse and repeat" series.

Sigma

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Fine with me I guess. Just so long as it doesn't drag on forever like Berserk or Guyver. And so long as it doesn't get a shit ending like Gantz. Seriously, the Gantz ending was the worst ever...