Discussion - August vs. Fairy Tail | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion August vs. Fairy Tail

Who would win?

• Total voters

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Adding to this, enchantments get nullified by August anyway, and he enchants himself lmao

It's literally going to be August vs fist fight. August uses meteor + Racer's speed magic + Jet's speed magic in combination to blitz everyone to shreds. That is, if he doesn't just stop time and kill everyone
Speed would be his number one tool since imo most of them can overpower Dimarias Hax

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Speed would be his number one tool since imo most of them can overpower Dimarias Hax
None of them can overpower timestop from AUGUST level magic power though, except potentially DF Natsu.

August is tiers ahead of everyone in the guild, when it comes to magic power

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
None of them can overpower timestop from AUGUST level magic power though, except potentially DF Natsu.

August is tiers ahead of everyone in the guild, when it comes to magic power
Yea but he wouldn't need it. There are many ways for him to solo

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts did literally no damage. August tanked his strongest attack with ease. Literally every piece of caster magic they throw at him is getting nullified and copied. Bisca? Wtf, since when is that an argument. Laxus thunder palace is featless and would get nullified easily.

So it becomes FT with their fists against a dude who mastered all of magic itself. Gajeel used DF to beat Bloodman with fists which he doesn't have against August. Literally base Natsu blocked his secret art. Gray ended beating Invel with a DeS spell. No they can't contribute that much with their fists.

Anyone with caster magic is literally useless, and how are they gonna punch their way to victory when August no sold their strongest CQC fighter? Everyone during Alvarez needed magic to beat spriggans, how are they gonna beat the strongest one with their bare fists?

Plus, how are they gonna win if Wendy can't enchant everyone or if Natsu doesn't have DF? OP literally says no DF or enchanments.

The only people that can use their magic are Erza, Lucy, and Cana. The only person that has a chance of hurting is Erza. It then becomes a 1v1 of August vs Erza and she isn't standing a chance.
You kidding? August's eyes literally whited out from the damage, not to mention the big bolded screaming.
As for nullification/Bisca. Jupiter is still serviceable, Thunder Palace comes from Lacryma so August can't nullify it, and Gajeel/Gray have enough offense to hurt August with just their physical strength, so no nullification.

Tbh FT with their fists isn't really necessary, Gildarts and Erza alone are likely enough, but yes, FT with their fists win. For Gajeel, he can find Iron pretty much anywhere. For Gray, he was still wrecking Invels ass with normal punches, while in base.

Wendy can still enchant normally, she just can't enchant other peoples magic, so Gildarts and Erza are still buffed. Her defensive enchantments will also come in useful.

Even if Erza was literally the only person in the guild who could hurt August, FT would still without a doubt, win. All they really need to do is act as her defenders and create openings for her to strike. August isn't skilled enough, smart enough or strong enough to outmaneuver FT and damage Erza, and even if he was Erza would never go down, she's much too tanky.
That aside, Fairy Sphere from Lucy and it's GG, even RoT Acno with his immunity couldn't stop it.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You kidding? August's eyes literally whited out from the damage, not to mention the big bolded screaming.
As for nullification/Bisca. Jupiter is still serviceable, Thunder Palace comes from Lacryma so August can't nullify it, and Gajeel/Gray have enough offense to hurt August with just their physical strength, so no nullification.
It did no damage. August got right back up no problem. Ok, he can take out Bisca before she has time to fire it since it needs prep time. Thunder Palace is feat less and takes time before it can activate. I don't see why August can't tank it. No they don't. Literally FT's strongest physical fighter did no damage whatsoever. with his fists so I don't see how Gray and Gajeel can. What feats of physicality do they have where they beat someone on Gildarts level or above?

Tbh FT with their fists isn't really necessary, Gildarts and Erza alone are likely enough, but yes, FT with their fists win. For Gajeel, he can find Iron pretty much anywhere. For Gray, he was still wrecking Invels ass with normal punches, while in base.
Gildarts did no damage to August with or without magic so what's he gonna do now? What's Iron gonna do for Gajeel if he can't use magic? He has no feats of physically beating someone up other than Bloodman but he had a massive power-up for that. Gray ended up using a DeS spell anyway to beat Invel.

Wendy can still enchant normally, she just can't enchant other peoples magic, so Gildarts and Erza are still buffed. Her defensive enchantments will also come in useful.
It says she can't transfer through enchantments so no she can't. Plus what's her enchantments gonna do? They can't use magic, she hasn't shown enchantments that can beef up her teammates on someone of that caliber.

Even if Erza was literally the only person in the guild who could hurt August, FT would still without a doubt, win. All they really need to do is act as her defenders and create openings for her to strike. August isn't skilled enough, smart enough or strong enough to outmaneuver FT and damage Erza, and even if he was Erza would never go down, she's much too tanky.
That aside, Fairy Sphere from Lucy and it's GG, even RoT Acno with his immunity couldn't stop it.
Wait what? The same person that was getting wrecked by Ajeel is too strong for August? August memorized almost every form of magic, was playing around with the strongest FT mage with no question, can nullify anyone's magic if they use caster type and he isn't strong, skilled or smart enough? Laxus put her down but August can't?

You keep saying they can act as a shield but do you think August is gonna just stand there. He literally takes out 90% of right when the battle begins. Every thing you named (Fairy Sphere, Thunder Palace, Jupiter) take time. You think he's gonna sit there and let them cast it. FT was able to stop Thunder Palace in the BoFT but somehow it's gonna hurt him. Lucy doesn't have the MP of the entire continent when casting FT too. Also, they need to be holding hands to transfer their MP to her, it's not like any of them are gonna be able to stalemate for that long.

August solos.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It did no damage. August got right back up no problem. Ok, he can take out Bisca before she has time to fire it since it needs prep time. Thunder Palace is feat less and takes time before it can activate. I don't see why August can't tank it. No they don't. Literally FT's strongest physical fighter did no damage whatsoever. with his fists so I don't see how Gray and Gajeel can. What feats of physicality do they have where they beat someone on Gildarts level or above?

Gildarts did no damage to August with or without magic so what's he gonna do now? What's Iron gonna do for Gajeel if he can't use magic? He has no feats of physically beating someone up other than Bloodman but he had a massive power-up for that. Gray ended up using a DeS spell anyway to beat Invel.

It says she can't transfer through enchantments so no she can't. Plus what's her enchantments gonna do? They can't use magic, she hasn't shown enchantments that can beef up her teammates on someone of that caliber.

Wait what? The same person that was getting wrecked by Ajeel is too strong for August? August memorized almost every form of magic, was playing around with the strongest FT mage with no question, can nullify anyone's magic if they use caster type and he isn't strong, skilled or smart enough? Laxus put her down but August can't?

You keep saying they can act as a shield but do you think August is gonna just stand there. He literally takes out 90% of right when the battle begins. Every thing you named (Fairy Sphere, Thunder Palace, Jupiter) take time. You think he's gonna sit there and let them cast it. FT was able to stop Thunder Palace in the BoFT but somehow it's gonna hurt him. Lucy doesn't have the MP of the entire continent when casting FT too. Also, they need to be holding hands to transfer their MP to her, it's not like any of them are gonna be able to stalemate for that long.

August solos.
Getting back up doesn't translate to doing no damage, it just means it wasn't a oneshot lol. Having you're eyes white out and screaming in pain does translate to damage, a good amount of it. Sure, featless, LFD Jaw is also currently featless, but it's Laxus so I assume it's powerful, as for the time it takes, meh, August is fighting all of FT, Laxus has tons of time.
FT's strongest fighter was fighting him with only Cana on his side, adding the whole of FT to support him isn't the same. Adding fighters capable of fucking up spriggans with just their fists is more than enough to give GIldarts the edge.

No, it says Wendy can't transfer magic power through enchantments. Wendy can still do her normal buffs. As for what they do, boost Gildarts and Erza. Her defensive enchantments can also block Eileen tier attacks, so she's a good defender as well.

August memorizing magic is his ability, it has nothing to do with his strength, skill or intelligence.
As for whether Erza is too strong for August, when she has the ENTIRETY OF FT supporting her? Yeah, obviously. Her offense destroyed EIleen's strongest attack. Thats Eileen, August's EQUAL, so her sword strikes can without a doubt do good damage to August, add Gildarts and it's a wrap honestly, but add the entirety of FT? Pfft, August has no chance, it is FAR beyond him to take her down. I'm not even talking a high diff fight for FT to beat him, it'd be closer to mid diff. The August and Eileen wank is insane, it's like people forgot that their actual fights were only against two people lol.

First off I dont "keep" saying they'll act as a shield, I've literally mentioned it once lol. As for August just standing there or doing something else while they shield Erza or cast various spells, it doesnt really matter, because he isn't strong enough, smart enough, or skilled enough to stop FT from doing any of it. August was completely and totally occupied fighting Cana and Gildarts alone. FT could literally do whatever the hell they want for the entire time it takes August to beat those two(which he only sorta managed to do with suicide). There is nothing, and I mean nothing, stopping FT from casting Fairy Sphere or Jupiter or Thunder Palace, or whatever the hell they want.

August killed himself to solo Cana and Gildarts, him soloing FT is laughable.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
August killed himself to solo Cana and Gildarts, him soloing FT is laughable.
It's not like any of them did damage to him.

This is all I'll reply to since everything you said is irrelevant. It's called Plot. Irene didn't have to kill herself and neither did August. He won't have to since Mavis is no where to be found.

They can't damage him.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's not like any of them did damage to him.

This is all I'll reply to since everything you said is irrelevant. It's called Plot. Irene didn't have to kill herself and neither did August. He won't have to since Mavis is no where to be found.

They can't damage him.
Ha, the typical excuse, blame it all on PiS. August failed to beat Cana and Gildarts, whether he needed to suicide or not, his actual performance before that in no way suggests he has even a chance at beating all of FT.

August didn't kill himself because of Mavis, Mavis was simply the reason he failed to accomplish anything in doing so.

Erza busted Eileen's strongest attack with a slice of her sword, she can damage August just fine. Plus Gildarts, etc

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ha, the typical excuse, blame it all on PiS. August failed to beat Cana and Gildarts, whether he needed to suicide or not, his actual performance before that in no way suggests he has even a chance at beating all of FT.

August didn't kill himself because of Mavis, Mavis was simply the reason he failed to accomplish anything in doing so.

Erza busted Eileen's strongest attack with a slice of her sword, she can damage August just fine. Plus Gildarts, etc
It's not an excuse, if you can't see that it was plot then lmao.

The point is he didn't have to. Gildarts' strongest attack didn't hurt him at all.

Gildarts can't, August is more versatile so Erza will have a much harder time.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
August wins relatively well

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's not an excuse, if you can't see that it was plot then lmao.

The point is he didn't have to. Gildarts' strongest attack didn't hurt him at all.

Gildarts can't, August is more versatile so Erza will have a much harder time.
The manga happened the way it happened, I'm not gonna assume August can magically perform better than he did just because some random dude cries PiS.

Except it did, you don't scream in pain when something doesnt hurt at all.

He can and did. If Erza was trying to solo August then his versatility might matter, she isn't, she has the entirety of FT, including the two members that made him suicide, supporting her. Erza doesn't even have to actually fight August, all she has to do is wait for Gildarts to make and opening and then strike, even Cana managed it lol.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
August is relatively the same level as Irene and she downed Erza. She does not help Much here

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Except it did, you don't scream in pain when something doesnt hurt at all.
Do you want me to show the scan of him getting up immediately with no pain? Like, it's not that hard to understand that August tanked everything Gildarts had with ease.

They have no magic. They can't hurt him with their fists as if they have no feats as such. Gildarts, Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Laxus all get taken out. THEY HAVE NO MAGIC.

I'm not gonna respond if I'll I'm doing is repeating myself.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Actually physical attacks do have magic behind them even when not using magic

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Do you want me to show the scan of him getting up immediately with no pain? Like, it's not that hard to understand that August tanked everything Gildarts had with ease.

They have no magic. They can't hurt him with their fists as if they have no feats as such. Gildarts, Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Laxus all get taken out. THEY HAVE NO MAGIC.

I'm not gonna respond if I'll I'm doing is repeating myself.
Do you want me to show a scan of him with his eyes whited out, literally screaming in pain? Getting up after an attack don't mean it didn't hurt, virtually everyone does it. I know all the spriggan oneshots have probably muddled your mind, but getting up after an attack isn't exactly a new or impressive thing, it's actually kinda standard.

Except August didn't even take Gildarts out, why should I believe he takes out Gildarts, Natsu, Gray, Gajeel and Laxus?

Then don't respond, or make a good argument, either will do. FYI, crying PiS isn't a good argument.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Then don't respond, or make a good argument, either will do. FYI, crying PiS isn't a good argument.
Is PiS my main argument? If you're gonna be ignorant to what I typed above, then idrc.

You saying Gajeel can hurt him with his regular fists makes everything you say irrelevant from the beginning.

Lol I can't wait for Levy to punch him to victory.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Levy is going to busy being a prego, any physical attack has magical energy behind it, so August would be able to tank those that are relatively below him

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Levy is going to busy being a prego, any physical attack has magical energy behind it, so August would be able to tank those that are relatively below him
Everyone is below him.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is PiS my main argument? If you're gonna be ignorant to what I typed above, then idrc.

You saying Gajeel can hurt him with his regular fists makes everything you say irrelevant from the beginning.

Lol I can't wait for Levy to punch him to victory.
And what did you type? That FT have no time to cast Fairy Sphere when they have literally all the time that the Gildarts vs August fight went on for? That Erza can't hit August with the entirety of FT backing her up when even Cana can do it with only Gildarts? That Gildarts didn't damage August when we literally have a panel of him screaming in pain?
The wank is unreal

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The wank is unreal
Wtf where is the wank? Ya'll call wank on literally anything. Like use your eyes and read. Ain't that difficult. More like extreme downplay.