Discussion - bakugou consequences | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion bakugou consequences

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I feel like deku stans are just mad its not a bully revenge story
that they will only accept something like bakugou completely being treated as an outcast like someone finding out of his old bullying and him being isolated for it and other nonsense
its annoying seeing these fanfics where they make characters ooc like having izuku be more vindictive ( thats not izuku and by that logic he wouldnt want to save shigaraki )
those people who claim bnha should be a bully revenge story or get what they call him suffering consequences ( the villains they want redeemed/saved wouldnt be saved in that way those heroes wouldnt try to save them.
not to mention trying to make endeavor incompetent ( when he is the number 2 hero whogot their via work in spite of lackng popularity ( making endeavor incompetent is just saying "I hate endeavor" you can not like him but accept he is good at his job
I would love to see a fanfic idea which features a bad ending au with a au where izuku was vindictiveor bakugou suffered what they claim he should have felt

and the good guys hve lost and thy in the after life forced to watch the actual bnha series
and what happened in that verse
on top of that
maybe in a recreators style the bnha " treat bakugou horribly " fanfic comes to life but due to it being a fanfic it gets out of fanfic writers control leading to a bad endingfor them instead of the good ending those fanfic writers imagined ( since the way horikoshi imagined thing is treated as superior so this type of fanfic verse can only have a bad ending
and those characters end up seeing the real bnha and have an understanding of japanese culture

"
I hope deku wont forgive bakugou only because he said sorry. The lack of consequences for bakugous bullying of deku for 10 years is killing me

class1akids answered:
What are you talking about? Bakugou has had a lot of consequence - much of it self-inflicted.

He lost his battle training exercise
He was shunned by the class
He was put on a grotesque display at the Sport Festival which led to his kidnapping
He got the crap beaten out of him by All Might
His kidnapping led to All Might's downfall
He was villainized on public TV and people were talking behind his back how he ended their beloved No 1
He failed his provisional licensing exam
He was the victim always to be saved, while his rival had kickass villain fights and got stronger and got acknowledged by their personal hero
He realized what a shithead he was and started to atone by helping Deku get stronger, by protecting him
He laid down his life for Deku and his last thought before his almost-death was not for himself but that he needed to apologize
His first waking thought in the hospital was how he wanted to apologize...
And now he publicly humbled himself, admitted to how he was in the wrong the whole time, apologized and vowed his loyalty and support to Deku.

Like what the hell else should he still be doing so the antis shut up finally?

You want him in prison or dead when there are thousands of dangerous villains running around for stuff he did when he was just a dumb kid? You want the class to kick into him now that he's stepped up and keeps doing better? You want Deku to push him away when all he ever wanted was to be close to him?

Bakugou learning the hard truths about his misconceptions is consequence. Facing his weaknesses is a consequence. Owning up to his shit is a consequence. Holding himself more accountable than anyone ever could is a consequence. Having to live with it for the rest of his life is a consequence.

Luckily, there is about 0% chance of Deku not forgiving Bakugou. Deku who cared for and admired Bakugou even at his worst, who behaved like a true friend through it all, who celebrated every baby step Kacchan took, who so sincerely cheered on his progress - and you seriously think now that Kacchan is putting himself out there all vulnerable and open, full of remorse, Deku would tell him to fuck off?

Are we reading the same manga? Do you understand Deku's character at all?

"

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weird thread. The tumblr post doesn't load to me.

I'm not a Deku stan, but I'd definitely enjoy that scenario you suggested, too bad it won't happen, and not only that, Bakugo will come back from the "death" and surely be determinant to finally defeat Shigaraki, and he'll shine as the next nº2 hero, or 1 if Deku were to somehow lose his powers in the end.

So no need for a post like this? It sounds like the manga is giving you what I infer you wish for.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My issue with bakugo isn't that he bullied deku. Bakugo is a character that has spent the entirety of the manga being an absolute turd to everyone and no one actually responds to bakugo in a way that makes sense. Everyone treats him like his behavior is ok or normal. I can buy an asshole character but ffs, have people in the manga treat him as such.

Katsukittabayo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
My issue with bakugo isn't that he bullied deku. Bakugo is a character that has spent the entirety of the manga being an absolute turd to everyone and no one actually responds to bakugo in a way that makes sense. Everyone treats him like his behavior is ok or normal. I can buy an asshole character but ffs, have people in the manga treat him as such.

I know Bakugo has lots of behaviour issues. But sometimes it’s better to ignore the behaviours and don’t feed into it. Like in real life parents would better ignore the screaming child on the shopping mall’s floor, it’s kind of de-escalating the situation as well. If you give that behaviour attention, they will learn that it works.

I think in the story some of his friends eg kiminari has been trying to address the issues from time to time. But it’s not easy. Bakugo was raised to be like that (look at how his mom treats him).

I don’t mind him being loud but I do hope he will be more respectful in the (very near) future.