Year Round - Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

Venom65437

While sueing might be a little nuts, I agree 110% with the players that these technical fouls and fines associated with them are just beyond nuts.

Sports is emotional, people are going to react, you can't penalize a player for that.

I'm not saying they should have free reign to do whatever, but throwing the ball down on the court hard is not a technical foul, nor is throwing your arms up in the air in frustration.

They're also sueing about the new ball, of course I've never played with it so I don't have an opinion, but there you go.

It's right here.

Venom65437

Allen Iverson wants to be traded!

Well, according to ESPN, Allen Iverson is demanding to be traded.

Personally, I think the 76ers should do this. They have very little talent, and they aren't going anywhere this year. I personally think Iverson is overrated, but he's a good player, and Philly could still get A LOT for him.

The fact is Philly is rebuilding, A.I. is getting older and he wants a shot at a title. If it was going to happen with Philly, they would have won it against the Lakers.

Philly would do well to trade him, all sides would win in this deal.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Allen Iverson wants to be traded!

Not much of a pro basketball fan here, but I know enough about Iverson that he'll probably be a superstar elsewhere eventually. Any teams out there right now who at least would have a good supporting cast would be pretty smart to pick him up.

Venom65437

A.I. is the most overrated player in sports....

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

He is one of my favorite players though. You should consider his height and size and not much people his size can do what he can. He is a warrior do you see how much injuries he get because he driving to basket against all these guys that are much bigger than him and he plays through injuries all the time. He has never had a great supporting cast in Philadelphia to help him out much. He has multiple scoring titles and MVP. Sometimes he say stuff or act rude but when it comes down to it his a great player on the court and I enjoy watching him because its rare to see someone his height and size doing what he does every day.

I also know a friend from Philly and he said people there are sad about it and that 76ers will lose lots of fans and ticket sales because A.I was what made them go watch the Sixers.

Venom65437

Yes, but he also misses many easy shots. Just the other night I watched him play against my favorite team (Bulls) and he missed 3 layups I can remember. He does this every night.

Yes, he gets a lot of points, but a typical A.I. stat line looks something like 7/24, every night. That's TERRIBLE.

And seriously, I don't think A.I. could ever have a great supporting cast because he generally does not like to pass the ball. I don't care what you think of your other teammates, if you are double or triple covered, get the ball to the open man.

You are right, Philly will lose a lot of money for trading A.I., but he needs to be traded. They should get rid of Webber too. Philly needs to start over. Outside of Igudala, I don't think there is one player on that team that can't be moved for the right price.

Philly will be better in the long run because of all this.

blasta

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I agree with you on those things and you are right about it. He does miss a lot of shots and in his earlier years he was kind of a hog but recently these last few years he has been passing more and his assist numbers has gone up. Yeah I already kind of thought Iverson should have been traded last year but it didn't happen and I was surprised.

Always liked him because I think his a warrior playing through injuries at his size and when I first started watching NBA he was one of my favorite players. I always wonder if A.I was taller all those layups he gets in games could be dunks and I don't think he'll miss much of those like Lebron or Wade. I know A.I can dunk but he doesn't do it all the time because he has to really jump high and his older now while someone like Lebron or Wade could dunk easier. I know some love him and some hate him but I just think his a great player for his size and I know a lot of NBA players respect and look up to him a lot.

Venom65437

Well he can certainly mess up your defense, but honestly, as long as you can get someone who can keep up with him, I'd play him one on one just because you know he's going to miss a lot of shots.

I think the only place A.I. can REALLY work is Minnesota. Kevin Garnett, I don't think, would mind being the second option. Of course, I don't know what Minnesota could trade for him, they have no real players of interest, and they traded their draft picks.

As for other potential teams, I don't know. What other team that needs help would let A.I. be the number one option. A lot of teams already have that player....

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Already told you this Josh, but I still think the Denver Nuggets (especially in light of their recent altercations and losing Anthony for 15 games) might be wise to pick him up. Even if neither Iverson or Anthony likes it at first, at the very least Iverson would have a chance to prove himself as a viable no. 1 option and get some respect. Anthony may not like it at first but I'd bet they would both see it as an opportunity to work together and get that elusive championship ring eventually. Besides Anthony could use a little humility anyway, after that fight it's obvious he needs a bit of reminder that he can't be so stupid and get away with it.

Venom65437

Well the Nuggets did pick him up, and Philly actually got a pretty sweet deal in return. They got some players whose contracts are expiring and two first round draft picks. I think Philly's next move should be to trade Webber and build the future around Igudala from there.

This is one trade that I think benefited both teams a lot. The 76ers got pieces and draft picks to start over, the Nuggets got someone who can help fill the role until Carmelo comes back. If A.I. and Melo can co-exist, the Nuggets are going to be a very tough out for anyone in the playoffs.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Heh, having thought and talked about it, I'm intrigued now by that transaction, even though I don't watch pro basketball that much. I might follow the Nuggets for a while, just to see whether I was completely wrong or not. Depends on if they get their act together and work as a (gasp) team, though.

Venom65437

The Nuggets work together as a team... at least up to this point. It won't be interesting until Carmelo gets back... we'll have the leading scorer and a guy who wants to be the leading scorer on the same team. Hopefully A.I. has matured enough to keep everyone involved so they can make a legit run at the title.

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

If they can keep their ego's in check, they'll have a legitimate chance at the west conference title.. don't know so much about the overall one, because the east has some interesting things happening this year, and I have a feeling the winner will be from the east again.

Venom65437

Well, I don't know what Denver can do against teams like SA and Dallas, Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki are hard match ups

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Btw Venom, planning on making a NBA Thread sometimes?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Players sue the NBA

They've already changed the ball, I believe. "You can take anything else from us but don't take our ball away from us," heh. Guess that project backfired on Stern.

Venom65437

Re: Players sue the NBA

Yes they have. Old ball is back Jan. 1.

Venom65437

Yea, I'll go ahead and do it now...

Venom65437

NBA thread

Just making a thread to talk some NBA ball... I'll be here a lot.

blasta

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: NBA thread

Phoenix Suns! man they had nice long 15 game winning streak going but snapped by the Washington Wizards. Steve Nash is just amazing he just is so clutch and it seems for me that he does whats necessary whenever the team needs him to come through whether its a big assist or a clutch shot. His on pace for a third MVP but I'm not sure if that will happen but he certainly deserves it again. Man that high scoring double OT thriller against the New Jersey Nets was an amazing game Jason Kidd Vs Steve Nash, and Nash made that huge clutch three to tie the game and send it to OT then Suns won in double OT. Tonight was also a great game against Dallas but they lost although it was down to the wire and they lost 101-99 because Dirk nailed a jumper with 1.3 seconds left.

I also got to talk about Gilbert Arenas his just playing out of his mind right now probably a lock for player of the month award. He scored 54 points against the Suns to snap their streak and also beat the Kobe and the Lakers in OT when he scored a career high 60 points.

Allen Iverson one of my favorite players have been doing good so far with Denver he got like two double-doubles already i think like 20+ points 10+
assists. He and Earl Boykins might be the smallest backcourt right now but they are scoring a lot! :smile-big Love Earl and his determination only 5'5 but still can score a lot like he scored 28 points just the last game. I hope that when Carmelo gets back that he and A.I can get along and share the ball and have a great dynamic scoring duo. :smile-big