Anime - Berserk Movie Announced | Page 37 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk Movie Announced

Bohemia22

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Omgomg make subs already omg

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
is there really a stark difference between the theatrical one and the director's cut? oh, we're talking about the godhand scenes?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
is there really a stark difference between the theatrical one and the director's cut? oh, we're talking about the godhand scenes?
I think he means the different ratings babs, the R15 and R18+. Haven't seen the movie yet but the differences aren't that immense. The rape scene and Guts loosing his arm isn't censored + both have a few more scenes. Sex scene between Guts and Caska is a bit more fleshed out and no censorship for the whole Eclipse. As far as I heard the censorship isn't that hard to begin with though, some things are just a bit blackened.

And they removed the music (a different version of the ending) from one scene in the R15 version. No clue why but I sure want to watch R18+ even if the changes aren't that big.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
okay just based on what you said I'll patiently wait for the r18 version :p

animefan1478

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
is there really a stark difference between the theatrical one and the director's cut? oh, we're talking about the godhand scenes?[/QU the diference is the sex scenes ,the guts/casca one they only cut one scene when guts comes down and opens cascas legs exposing her before penetration,the theatrical one they put a scene of nature,and the big one the rape of casca the theatrical one some scenes are blackend out with the black bars that they use in anime series,but the scene is intact,the original movie the black bars are out and you can see everything clearly,griffin fingering her,the tentacles opening her legs ,griffin penetrating her,and a close up of griffins penis thusthing into her.for me thats the diferences of the two movies,and why is the original shorter than the theatrical is because in the original one the music video of breakthroug at the end is not included it end with the post credit of guts as the black swordsman,the theatrical one has the music video after the post credit.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

okay just based on what you said I'll patiently wait for the r18 version :p
i posted a link on my previous post about the r-18 one on you tube,sadly is still raw ,but you better watch it before you tube kills it. EDIT:YOU TUBE REMOVE THE VIDEO TODAY.EDIT#2 FOUND NEW LINK : http://anilinkz.com/berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-descent-berserk-ougon-jidaihen-iii-kourin?src=3 ENYOY.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
:sweatdrop

i didn't think it was going to be that explicit, you explanation, I mean.

I wouldn't have minded if I maybe watched the R15 version, but it would bother me that there were probably deleted scenes or MUSIC for that fact that I could not hear (just because I'm a fangirl) that were originally there. Such a dork :sweatdrop

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just watched all 3 movies back-to-back and I want "MORE"!!!!. After the ending credits for Part 3, I went bananas. Can't wait for the "Black Swordsman Arc" movies.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can't wait for them to be release on blu ray english. I really was disappointed with Guts emotion, he didn't have the epic roars and fury...it was a little rawrrr, no ROARRRRRRRRR (Like rouge titan on shingeki no kyojin anime) and no GRIFFITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I added alot of ! because it felt like that in the manga, bit painfully watching that scene again....the arm chopping was bloody brutal had me twitching my head.

I like at the end how it had a black dog and it was following a hawk also how it says this is just the beginning.

animefan1478

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Movie 3 of berserk release on net this week and Shingeki no kyojin soundtrack out. today is a good day :D

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Okay I'm right before the eclipse right now but I had to stop for a sec. Why no Wyald? :arf Okay I mean I can live with leaving out the Baraka/Baraki (?) but come on, the fight against Wyald was so epic and an important point of the story. Rickert didn't meet the Skull Knight like he did in the manga either (when he gets attacked by some monsters and Skull Knight saves him).
Some Casca/Guts interaction and stuff with the princess left out, especially when she talked to her father and told him to stop now and he tells her yes, only to send Wyald after him a bit later. I mean he already was portrayed as a sick bastard but in the manga that was the top of the cake to me. Geez, they should just have added another 30 minutes to the film, I hate seeing those parts not animated :emocat

Besides that so far so good, now the Eclipse shall await me! :arf

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay I'm right before the eclipse right now but I had to stop for a sec. Why no Wyald? :arf Okay I mean I can live with leaving out the Baraka/Baraki (?) but come on, the fight against Wyald was so epic and an important point of the story. Rickert didn't meet the Skull Knight like he did in the manga either (when he gets attacked by some monsters and Skull Knight saves him).
Some Casca/Guts interaction and stuff with the princess left out, especially when she talked to her father and told him to stop now and he tells her yes, only to send Wyald after him a bit later. I mean he already was portrayed as a sick bastard but in the manga that was the top of the cake to me. Geez, they should just have added another 30 minutes to the film, I hate seeing those parts not animated :emocat

I'm with you on that. Wylad would've been awesome in the third act, but I kind of figured they would cut that epic battle out. At least, at the end of the thrid film, after the credits, we see that Guts is gonna begin fighting demons from now on. Can't wait for the next three movies.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I have been sulking since movie 2 saying they better have Wylad but where it finished in movie 2 made me believe wyald would be cut out which is a real shame that was like Guts first battle he won against a massive apostle. It also explains his sword being broken and him being banged up during the Eclipse, which makes me think maybe Guts would of killed heaps if he was at 100% and had his big sword at the time. (Not the dragon slayer, just the normal long sword)

Reactions: Nii

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Fuck it, just saw the third movie. I was moved to tears, really. OMG the rape scene, I really felt compassion for Guts as he witnessed it, and him ripping his arm off literally made me stand up from the couch hahahahaha.

How awesome is this manga.

And seems like George R.R. Martin aint got nothing on killing off characters with Miura. Damn you Miura! Judeau!! :crying

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm with you on that. Wylad would've been awesome in the third act, but I kind of figured they would cut that epic battle out. At least, at the end of the thrid film, after the credits, we see that Guts is gonna begin fighting demons from now on. Can't wait for the next three movies.
Yeah but I feel like they could have added another 30 minutes, would have been enough to feature Wyald and some other stuff they left out :crying

I'm not sure what makes you think we get more movies now? Did I miss something? I saw the preview at the end but it could be anything, personally I probably would prefer OVA's. Or a freaking anime, where they don't leave out such a lot of stuff =/

I have been sulking since movie 2 saying they better have Wylad but where it finished in movie 2 made me believe wyald would be cut out which is a real shame that was like Guts first battle he won against a massive apostle. It also explains his sword being broken and him being banged up during the Eclipse, which makes me think maybe Guts would of killed heaps if he was at 100% and had his big sword at the time. (Not the dragon slayer, just the normal long sword)
Yeah, that was pretty bad. The third movie was good and the Eclipse was done justice but just like the two movies before, with leaving out so much important stuff it's just not epic. When I think of Berserk I think epic :arf

Well, I'm happy we got the movies but I hoped for a bit more. All the character development, bonds being formed, epic fights, etc. getting cut out is just wrong :scry

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure what makes you think we get more movies now? Did I miss something? I saw the preview at the end but it could be anything, personally I probably would prefer OVA's. Or a freaking anime, where they don't leave out such a lot of stuff =/
Weren't there going to be three movies more? I believe it was discussed a while back...

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What makes me mad is that these three movies are basically the anime re done. Nothing new (expect Skull knight and silat scenes) the way to the eclipse is the same as the anime. But maybe because Wylad was really over the R rating, one of the most shocking/epic/sick moments of berserk was when it showed him with a wooden plank going right up that 15 year old girl and throws it towards Guts. Thats brutal and she got raped before he killed her which is pretty extreme having a minor but it just made it all more surreal for that medieval time. I am just looking forward to new scenes animated like the count arc, black swordsmen, the holy conviction (my favourite), to the reborn arc.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Weren't there going to be three movies more? I believe it was discussed a while back...
Like kenshin said, it was stated there is going to be more. No one knows if it's going to be movies, OVA's or an anime series though.

What makes me mad is that these three movies are basically the anime re done. Nothing new (expect Skull knight and silat scenes) the way to the eclipse is the same as the anime. But maybe because Wylad was really over the R rating, one of the most shocking/epic/sick moments of berserk was when it showed him with a wooden plank going right up that 15 year old girl and throws it towards Guts. Thats brutal and she got raped before he killed her which is pretty extreme having a minor but it just made it all more surreal for that medieval time. I am just looking forward to new scenes animated like the count arc, black swordsmen, the holy conviction (my favourite), to the reborn arc.
I get your point but they could have skipped that part. Given it's extremely brutal I understand them leaving this out but they could have shown everything else. I wanted to see Guts in badass mode and Zodd finishing him off :(

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ Plus one of the epic scenes of Guts saying "Don't be waving that above my head!" then cuts his ???? off.