Berserk will continue with Miura's best friend in charge ! June 24th 2022 ----> | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Berserk will continue with Miura's best friend in charge ! June 24th 2022 ---->

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one posted this.

Berserk will be resuming with six chapters of the current story to be published, before the team moves onto a “new arc.” These new entries will be credited, “Original work by Kentaro Miura, Manga by Studio Gaga, Supervised by Kouji Mori”, and their numbering will continue in the same order as older chapters.

Notice of resumption of "Berserk"

We are pleased to inform you that "Berserk" will resume serialization from Young Animal No. 13 released on June 24th. We will post a message from the Young Animal editorial department and Professor Kouji Mori when the serialization resumes. Thank you for your continued patronage of "Berserk".

To our readers,

we will resume "Berserk".
I'm sorry I couldn't guide you for a long time.

I have read as much as I can read your comments on "Large Berserk Exhibition", "YA Memorial Issue (No. 18 of 2021)" and "Berserk Book Vol. 41". I am full of gratitude for each and every one of them and everyone's thoughts written on SNS. I admire how much you were influenced and loved by Berserk. I am sad that Kentaro Miura, who reads it, is not there.

Kentaro Miura told his best friend, Kouji Mori, the story and episode of "Berserk" during his lifetime. I also talked to the studio staff and the editor in charge. I didn't leave it behind, but it was a natural everyday life as a manga artist, wondering if everyone would be surprised if I drew something like this, how about a character like this, and whether this development would be interesting.
Its daily life spanned more than a quarter of a century. Mr. Miura's feelings are accumulated in our minds and hearts after spending a long time with Mr. Miura. I also found a concept memo and character design drawn by Mr. Miura.
There is a strong resistance to ending the story without telling them to any of the fans.
I want you to read the last episode and the last frame that we brought.

Upon reopening, we, the production team, decided on a basic stance.
"Mr. Miura said that."
This is what the production team remembered.
Since there is no name left, it is impossible for us to perfectly shape the manuscript that Mr. Miura was trying to make, but we composed the manga so as not to deviate from what Mr. Miura was talking about. To go. We would like to sincerely spin "Kentaro Miura" that has taken root in ourselves through conversations with Mr. Miura and manuscript production.
I believe that this production system is the way to convey the "Berserk" that Mr. Miura envisioned to everyone as faithfully as possible.

From the next issue to the last of "Phantom World Edition / Fairy Island Chapter", we will first publish 6 episodes. After that, we are planning to enter a new edition.
The credit after the resumption will be "Original, Kentaro Miura Manga, Studio Iga Supervision, Kouji Mori", and the numbering of the book will be inherited.

It's an old story, but the first volume of "Berserk" published in 1990 was released in the first edition of 28,000 copies. It wasn't an immediate hit, it was a work known to those in the know at the time. Even so, I think that the reason why I got enthusiastic fans and did not let go is that the author's desire to "draw more amazing manga!" Was conveyed. After that, it became a big hit by attracting the author's extraordinary efforts and some good luck. Today, there are 2 million people in the world who have read the first volume. And I think it had a strong impact on the hearts of many fans. I am sure that he will be very happy that Mr. Miura's thoughts are being utilized in everyone's life and work. We hope that you will be able to relate to such works in the future of "Berserk."

Thank you to all the fans who gave us their voice.
I am also grateful to the many fans who quietly thought about the work without speaking out. Your presence will be the energy to move forward.
I'm really thankful to you.

June 2022
Young Animal Editorial Department

Nearly thirty years ago, Miura called me to ask for a name. As usual, when I went to his workplace while playing, Miura, who had a more serious look than usual, said, "I have to eclipse." I thought (that's important), but I never thought I would be under house arrest for a week ... At that time, the story of "Berserk" was almost completed until the final episode.
Frighteningly, the story went on according to the synopsis that was completed at that time with almost no changes. Then I talked to Miura every time I had a big episode. Since we were students, we have been drawing manga while consulting with each other in the same way.

As you might have expected, I know the story up to the final episode of "Berserk". However, I cannot say that I can draw because I know it. The great work "Berserk" can be drawn because it is the genius Kentaro Miura.
However, I have a great responsibility.
During his lifetime, Miura said, "I haven't told anyone other than Mori about the story up to the final episode
. " And that was the case. It's a responsibility that is too heavy. Should I have an interview and talk to the fans?
Or will you post it in a sentence with an illustration? However, that doesn't convey the scene that Miura told himself, the lines of Guts and Griffith ...
I got in touch with the place I was worried about.
He said, "The staff will draw the manuscript for the last time, so please take a look."
The last few pages of that time were not completed. There are also places where characters are not included.
I looked at the manuscript thinking that I would be strict in my heart.
――Desperate power sometimes miraculously improves people. There was exactly the completed manuscript of "Berserk" there.
"Mr. Mori, could you let us do it?"
Miura's proud disciples told themselves straight.
Miura and his teacher, Director Shimada, also said, "If you do, the company will do its best to support you."
If you run away here, Miura will tell you this. He understood,
"He talked a lot, but he didn't do it !!"
I'll do it properly.

I have a refusal and a promise to everyone. Remember the details as much as possible and tell the story.
And I will only do the episode that Miura told himself. I will not flesh it out. I won't do episodes that I don't remember clearly. I will only do the lines and stories that Miura told me. Of course, it won't be perfect. However, I think I can almost tell the story that Miura wanted to draw.
The arms of Miura's disciples are real!
A wonderful painter.
I think you are dissatisfied with "Berserk", which is absent from Miura, but I would like you to keep an eye on it.
I look forward to working with you.

June 2022
Kouji Mori

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It was mentioned in the general discussion thread. There's also a thread for the two new chapters.

But I don't mind another thread. 🍻

Reactions: POW

Hanzō

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Since we are getting new chapters, I was wondering if the deluxe edition manga volumes will be continued?