Best Action | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Action

The Best Action Manga is...?

• One Piece

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Dragon Ball

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Claymore

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Gantz

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Naruto

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Hunter x Hunter

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate Gamaran for Best Action

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I totally agree with Mikihara, and I vote DRAGON BALL too! its action is something really amazing,which makes readers be a part of the Manga,and everyone enjoys it!

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last day to get your nominations in everyone !!! We haven't got that many members nominating for this category... it's BEST ACTION, where are all of the nominations... ??? !!!!! Come and nominate if you haven't yet !!!!!!!!

miotara

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
For this one, I wonder what "best action" means exactly. Does it mean a manga packed with action or one that has less action but when it does it's really good? Cause I have two different manga, one for each meaning. Since we can only make one nomination I will go for the second one, which is among my favorite mangas, and after my most sincere apologies I announce that instead of breaking the ties ..... I create yet another one. I nominate Hunter x Hunter. Sorry again...

If it is too troublesome to have so many ties, feel free to choose my other choice which is Gantz.

[mod=HegemonKhan]It's not too troublesome, therefore I'm using your nomination of Hunter x Hunter, as you said that's what you decided for your first-main nomination choice.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I will nominate Dragonball. That manga taught me shounen. Like asid in several threads, DB was my start in the manga world. For that i think it deserves some awards xD

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=HegemonKhan]
we're still deciding on what to do with the tie breakers, and I'm seeing if I can include your "votes"-nominations or not... as they are late...*

*we do have time zone differences, so maybe we'll include your "votes"-nominations... but we may not, so I'm not sure yet if we'll allow them or not.

(I'll get back to you guys/girls, as soon as I can - as soon as we decide on what to do)[/mod]

-----------------------

@miotara,

Best action, can mean whatever "Action" means to you, generally though action is battles-fights (or in movies, also as "explosions", lol) obviously.

interesting point about "quality" vs "quantity" of action, both would be fine to use as your metrics, so that'd just be a choice of yours, to which you want to use, hehe :D

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

[mod=HegemonKhan]
Your votes have been counted, as officially they were not late (phio-chan official ended it at ~2 pm), my apologizes for my mess up. Everything has been updated.[/mod]

---------- Post added January 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

[mod=HegemonKhan]There's a Poll up for Breaking the Tie (see OP), so go vote in the poll![/mod]

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
2011, the year when the BOSS arrived in Naruto (the ones who read the chapters around 560 know what I'm talking about). That action was AWESOME. Enough said, vote Naruto!

Teubier

Reaction score
Country
Reunion
18 / 18 / 18 ... :facepalm :XD

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hahahaha,now that's a result.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
How is that even possible ! Hegemokan, what trick did you use :-))

miotara

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
That was so funny. What were the chances for all three tying again! Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind having 7 nominees for this category instead of 5.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
That was so funny. What were the chances for all three tying again! Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind having 7 nominees for this category instead of 5.
Yeah clearly.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
It wasn't me!* If anything it was all of you who said-advocated to vote for specific nominees, laughs.

*Err... nevermind... I was one of the Naruto voters... I plead 1/4 guilty, lol :D

(I don't know HxH, so it was just Naruto and Gantz, and while Gantz also has great action, Naruto has greater... and is more epic... my opinion only... as I do still like Gantz too very much, as it has some good action and cough "action" wink cough, hehe, amd a 2nd season would be awesome! sighs)

it was priorly at (so Naruto and HxH each got 2 more of your+mine votes since then, lol):

Gantz: 18
Naruto: 16
Hunter x Hunter: 16

laughs :D

------------------------------------------

[mod=HegemonKhan]
anyways....

we've decided, to do what miotara suggested:

All 3 (Gantz, Naruto, and Hunter x Hunter) will be joining the other 4 nominees, for a total of 7 nominees!

Also, I think the commencement (start) of the actual VOTING for the Winner of Best Action will be on Sat, I think. So don't start posting your votes just yet, please![/mod]

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It wasn't me!* If anything it was all of you who said-advocated to vote for specific nominees, laughs.

*Err... nevermind... I was one of the Naruto voters... I plead 1/4 guilty, lol :D

(I don't know HxH, so it was just Naruto and Gantz, and while Gantz also has great action, Naruto has greater... and is more epic... my opinion only... as I do still like Gantz too very much, as it has some good action and cough "action" wink cough, hehe, amd a 2nd season would be awesome! sighs)

it was priorly at (so Naruto and HxH each got 2 more of your+mine votes since then, lol):

Gantz: 18
Naruto: 16
Hunter x Hunter: 16

laughs :D

------------------------------------------

[mod=HegemonKhan]
anyways....

we've decided, to do what miotara suggested:

All 3 (Gantz, Naruto, and Hunter x Hunter) will be joining the other 4 nominees, for a total of 7 nominees!

Also, I think the commencement (start) of the actual VOTING for the Winner of Best Action will be on Sat, I think. So don't start posting your votes just yet, please![/mod]
Gantz always had more action than Naruto (you seem to know only the anime ?) ... And I'm actually surprised that Hunter X Hunter received even one vote. There isn't that much action in Hunter x Hunter, mind games & situational battles is what is happening most of the time. There is a lot of adventure in HxH but action ? Not so much

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm... I've looked at the Gantz manga a bit too... but not Naruto manga at all. I just prefer watching anime more... well... that's not the case, it'd just be too much work to try to get reading the big series... lots of pages to read... lol... so I'm just sticking with watching the animes.. also, I couldn't handle so many mangas either, and Claymore takes all my time and effort to discuss and research, hehe :D

I'd say both Gantz and Naruto are for the most part almost pure action (ignoring the fillers within Naruto obviously), so it came down to just my own personal taste... Gantz' action is just for enjoyment... Naruto's action has more epicness and meaning... I just prefer Naruto's action over Gantz' action, so I chose Naruto... and Naruto has (imo) much better quality action, some really epic and awesome battles, that's not to say that Gantz' battles aren't intense and awesome too, just that I like Naruto's over Gantz.

Anyways, that was my thought processii, of my vote for the tie breaker...

... as for my actual vote now.. if you hadn't guess.. it goes-went to Claymore, hehe :D

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

[mod=HegemonKhan]
The Time has come !!! Time to vote upon who shall be the Winner of the Best Fantasy !!!!

The New Polls are ready for your votes to be caste !!!
[/mod]

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
When was the last decent Naruto battle? Kisame vs Gai? Naruto had a lot of action this year so I expect it to win this year. I'll vote for Dragon ball. Action is still awesome to this day.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
When was the last decent Naruto battle? Kisame vs Gai? Naruto had a lot of action this year so I expect it to win this year. I'll vote for Dragon ball. Action is still awesome to this day.
Is that an actual criterium for your vote?

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is that an actual criterium for your vote?
Well I personally didn't like all the battles Naruto had in the war. Most of them felt boring to me. Some were great of course but others could be easily forgotten. aka Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yeah, but this year, the genre categories are overall categories...so if I voted Naruto, I voted because of the entire collection of battles...and some of them are just brilliant, not just good...

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with One Piece if we are talking about ongoing mangas.:) I just really enjoy its battles and all the action.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.