Best Alteration of Story Line | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Alteration of Story Line

Best Alteration of Story Line

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hello there :amuse Just a few days ago, MangaHelpers' very own Anime Awards 2010 came to an end. I'm sure all of you were real anxious waiting for the results. :XD Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which series won the award of Best Alteration of Story Line? First, let us take a trip down memory lane to when the Awards first began... :tem

We started out with not so many nominees, even having to extend the deadline for nominations to get enough. Nevertheless, the final list of nominees we had were: Fullmetal Alchemist 2004 (2 nominations), Hellsing (2 nominations), Claymore (2 nominations), Soul Eater (1 nomination), Naruto [Hinata Fillers] (1 nomination) and Rurouni Kenshin (1 nomination)

It was certain that Fullmetal Alchemist 2004, Hellsing and Claymore were advancing to the next round. However, we had to conduct a tie-breaker round to select which of the rest would join them! Upon conducting a tie-breaker, we had our 5 official nominees at long last! :D They were: Fullmetal Alchemist 2004, Hellsing, Claymore, Rurouni Kenshin and Soul Eater!!! :zomg

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! :nuts And the winner of the [sizept=15]BEST ALTERATION OF STORY LINE[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti [sizept=15]FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to BONES for their interesting take on Arakawa Hiromu's masterpiece, Fullmetal Alchemist!! :clap But don't forget, if you want to see what Arakawa really inteded for her story, watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!

"Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited:

feisu-chan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Best Alteration of a story line, so does filler episodes count? I'm a bit confused about this category. But if filler episodes are considered, then I would like to nominate Rurouni Kenshin, where he went blind during the Shougo arc. I like that arc, actually, especially how he struggled with his sight and his fight with Shougo was just awesome. I've watched it years and years back, and I only have my childhood memory to rely on, but I remembered angst in this arc, that's why it stuck! :) also, Sano and Sayo (was that the name of Shougo's sister?) was really a great sidestory there! So, I nominate RK!

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
we'll get back to you on this, as soon as we can

Yes, fillers ARE allowed :D

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Oh, the Christian arc, huh? :oh I was okay with that arc, it certainly was not my favorite... But in all honesty I would have preferred if the animators had done the Jinchuu arc instead from the manga. That was what Watsuki intended after all, and since the Christian arc did not receive good reviews, the RK anime was canceled and the Jinchuu arc never saw the light of day :crying (other than the flashback part which became Tsuioku-hen)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
poll best alteration of story line

Best Alteration of Story Line, now has a poll, please vote !!!!!

(and sorry for the late poll and notice about it)

Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

byayoi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hellsing and Fullmetal Alchemist 2004!!! You are so mean! :D Oh, well... Alucard won.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
It's really tough for me to deside between Full Metal Alchemist and Soul Eater, but I'd go with Soul Eater.:)

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I only watched 3 of 5, but i picked Fullmetal. eventhough the story's been altered to a very dark story, personally i think it's good.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually kinda liked FMA's "Possesed Rose-Hoheimhim's first wife" as the "boss-villain" and altered story/ending better than FMA:B's Father and story/ending, as Father and FMA:B 's was a bit "meh-boring-bland". Father is quite a common archetype villain (though it was cool how he was Humculus in the Flask, he's actually to be pitied, and merely wanted freedom... not that evil... of a villain somewhat:D)

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I voted for FMA 2004 as all in all I did like how they modified the storyline (though I love the real manga/FMA:B storyline more). However, this is one gripe I have with FMA 2004:
I didn't like the ending where Ed sacrifices literally his whole life to get Al back via alchemy. To me, that was more or less what the two brothers had done with their mother - they tried to bring her back with alchemy, and they failed. Why was it that Ed did not learn his lesson? It made it seem somewhat as if all the 52 (? can't remember exactly) episodes were in vain since he didn't learn his lesson and committed the same mistake he made at the start and which he and Al had set out to "correct" at the beginning.

byayoi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
You're right! I haven't seen it that way! I suppose that's what is been bothering me about FMA 2004 all this time (and I HATE the movie). And that's why I voted for Hellsing (the anime has a better, more logical ending than the manga. Believe it or not!)

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hello there :amuse Just a few days ago, MangaHelpers' very own Anime Awards 2010 came to an end. I'm sure all of you were real anxious waiting for the results. :XD Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which series won the award of Best Alteration of Story Line? First, let us take a trip down memory lane to when the Awards first began... :tem

We started out with not so many nominees, even having to extend the deadline for nominations to get enough. Nevertheless, the final list of nominees we had were: Fullmetal Alchemist 2004 (2 nominations), Hellsing (2 nominations), Claymore (2 nominations), Soul Eater (1 nomination), Naruto [Hinata Fillers] (1 nomination) and Rurouni Kenshin (1 nomination)

It was certain that Fullmetal Alchemist 2004, Hellsing and Claymore were advancing to the next round. However, we had to conduct a tie-breaker round to select which of the rest would join them! Upon conducting a tie-breaker, we had our 5 official nominees at long last! :D They were: Fullmetal Alchemist 2004, Hellsing, Claymore, Rurouni Kenshin and Soul Eater!!! :zomg

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! :nuts And the winner of the [sizept=15]BEST ALTERATION OF STORY LINE[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti [sizept=15]FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to BONES for their interesting take on Arakawa Hiromu's masterpiece, Fullmetal Alchemist!! :clap But don't forget, if you want to see what Arakawa really inteded for her story, watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!

"Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited: