Best Anime Overall | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Anime Overall

Which is the Best Anime Overall?

• [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_%282011%29]Hunter x Hunter (2011)[/url]

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins;Gate]Steins;Gate[/url]

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop]Cowboy Bebop[/url]

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate/Zero] Fate/Zero[/url]

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/6702/Fairy_Tail]Fairy Tail[/url]

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Maybe it's surprising for you, but however, that was the result in the first round and we have to accept it as it is... :XD

That's why I told everyone to familiarize themselves with the nominees before voting :nod

Which one do you think deserved to win, anyway, among the finalists?
Don´t get me wrong, i don´t doubt that it has been voted but for me, it is definitely a disappointing choice considering what kind of animes were nominated (not only talking about my choices cause those were very special to begin with, so i did not expect a lot of people voting for it) but hey, majority rules.
Among the finalists, Cowboy Bebop deserves to win in my opinion. Steins Gate is highly enjoyable (i really liked it) but has too many plot holes to be considered the best. Fate/Zero could be considered as well, the character development, the interactions between the characters (typical Type-Moon) and of course the animation are highly superb but in my mind, Cowboy Bebop has always been the title to beat regarding overall quality.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
In the end the hunters gonna win :3c
We'll see two weeks later dude :3c

Don´t get me wrong, i don´t doubt that it has been voted but for me, it is definitely a disappointing choice considering what kind of animes were nominated (not only talking about my choices cause those were very special to begin with, so i did not expect a lot of people voting for it) but hey, majority rules.
Among the finalists, Cowboy Bebop deserves to win in my opinion. Steins Gate is highly enjoyable (i really liked it) but has too many plot holes to be considered the best. Fate/Zero could be considered as well, the character development, the interactions between the characters (typical Type-Moon) and of course the animation are highly superb but in my mind, Cowboy Bebop has always been the title to beat regarding overall quality.
Yeah, majority rules :XD. I think it gained a decent amount of vote partially because it's a Manga adaptation anyway. A-1 pictures is in overall a good studio, combined with a famous Manga franchise, logically speaking, could gather quite huge amount of votes. Besides Hunter X Hunter, There are two finalists being adapted from visual novel (Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate) resulting for some people being unfamiliar with those titles. Those two are great series as well.

Cowboy Bebop achieved (almost) the same status with Evangelion in my mind, so if it's win I have no problem with it. It's simply a classic.

Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
We'll see two weeks later dude :3c

Yeah, majority rules :XD. I think it gained a decent amount of vote partially because it's a Manga adaptation anyway. A-1 pictures is in overall a good studio, combined with a famous Manga franchise, logically speaking, could gather quite huge amount of votes. Besides Hunter X Hunter, There are two finalists being adapted from visual novel (Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate) resulting for some people being unfamiliar with those titles. Those two are great series as well.

Cowboy Bebop achieved (almost) the same status with Evangelion in my mind, so if it's win I have no problem with it. It's simply a classic.
Still, being a popular manga adaption should not help getting votes if the manga is bad to begin with but this is the last it am gonna write about this topic, i don´t want to influence or ruin other guys and their votes.

I agree with Evangelion. The thing is though that EVA is a really specific type of anime that only addresses viewers who are interested in thought provoking and deep anime which by no means is the majority of anime viewers. That´s why it is no surprise that EVA is not among the finalists. Cowboy Bebop on the other hand addresses a very broad spectrum of viewers. It can be a light watch if you want it to (of course except the finale) but it can also bring you to think and analyze the characters.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Still, being a popular manga adaption should not help getting votes if the manga is bad to begin with but this is the last it am gonna write about this topic, i don´t want to influence or ruin other guys and their votes.

I agree with Evangelion. The thing is though that EVA is a really specific type of anime that only addresses viewers who are interested in thought provoking and deep anime which by no means is the majority of anime viewers. That´s why it is no surprise that EVA is not among the finalists. Cowboy Bebop on the other hand addresses a very broad spectrum of viewers. It can be a light watch if you want it to (of course except the finale) but it can also bring you to think and analyze the characters.
My point was people are more familiar with Fairy Tail and Hunter X Hunter in this polls since they are adapted from Manga. Of course the answer to the question whether Fairy Tail is good or bad is highly subjective; everyone is entitled to have their own perspective on it. Voters are probably unfamiliar with, say, Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate not only because probably they haven't watch those titles yet (duh!), but also due to the fact that many voters are seemingly more familiar with famous Manga titles rather than popular Anime titles. This place is called MangaHelpers anyway. :p

Also, you should not be worried in voicing your opinion; as long as it is still in accordance with common courtesy, you're fine to say anything inside your head. Voters could choose what they want to choose, they maybe in some regards affected by your comments, but do not worry about that too much.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cowboy Bebop is getting my vote.

I loved that series so much. From beginning to end there wasn't a single episode I didn't enjoy and the last one was such a fantastic climax.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Wow, the votes... Aaaah, F/Z and S;G! So proud of them, but my choice became hard. :p

Well, again, biased since I've only seen those two. Both are awesome series, intense in the middle, with a nice ending. I ended up voting for F/Z since S;G was rather confusing at first few episodes, while it was intense with F/Z since the very start. But both are very recommendable!

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Wow, the votes... Aaaah, F/Z and S;G! So proud of them, but my choice became hard. :p

Well, again, biased since I've only seen those two. Both are awesome series, intense in the middle, with a nice ending. I ended up voting for F/Z since S;G was rather confusing at first few episodes, while it was intense with F/Z since the very start. But both are very recommendable!
Wow, you did not watch Cowboy Bebop? It probably is one of the few titles i would instantly recommend anyone. Maybe the next time you are looking for a new anime, you can take a look.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The results are in for the second Anime Awards!
The moment you have been waiting for has finally arrived~

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

I'm sure you're eagerly waiting for the result though so let's go ahead.
The "Best Anime Overall" is.....

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So well deserved!!

TheBoss

Reaction score