Best Artistic Piece | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Artistic Piece

Which is the Best Artistic Piece?

• [URL="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9536/hunterxhunter2591549.jpg"]Doublespread[/URL] from HxH

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • [URL="http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4126/onepiece2864799.jpg"]Doublespread[/URL] from One Piece

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • [URL="http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/441/naruto1569428.jpg"]Doublespread[/URL] from Naruto

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • [URL="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2594/056057.png"]Doublespread[/URL] from Kokou no Hito

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • [URL="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6456/onepiece5761617.jpg"]Panel[/URL] from One Piece

Votes: 28 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate
from Hunter X Hunter

It's intense. Most intense that it would be needed and even without the details and the weird line Togashi has is still incredible how it express all the feelings of that particular character. The pose picked for both, every panel and its significance. It's one of the most coolest panels I've ever seen.
I support this, Togashi did a great job with this panel and I still remember the freakin build-up to it, plain awesome.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I don't read Kokou no Hito....but wow...that page looks stunning...:wtf

Last edited:

crimsonlink310

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
HXH that page was amazing. Kokou no Hito certainly takes the cake for best group image but not impact which HXH has in its spread. Thanks to that image I'll be sure to check out Kokou no Hito.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Are we voting for the best artistic piece or for the meaning behind an artistic piece ?
Because, from an artistic point of view, when I see the "Panel" from One piece being nominated, I'm laughing my ass off.

Last edited:

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah the nominees are not really appealing this year. I feel there was much better choice than these ones in the nominations. Maybe we should let the choice to a jury made of our artist contest winners next time.

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
i vote for the doublespread from Naruto

the page from kokoe no hito was really well drawn too...but it was a sort of a posing panel, and i'm generally underwhelmed by those. the choices of doublespreads from both HxH and one piece kinda disappointed me, i know for sure that HxH has better panels than that. Not that the double spread was bad, the arrangement of panels was quite good...but the placement of the jakcel like ant ruined it as an artistic piece imo.

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Artistically,only HunterxHunter's spread interests me,even though,as assher already mentioned,it's kinda ruined by that crippled ant.The One Piece pieces look meh.The spread from Kokou no Hito looks amazing,but it's just boring.Similiar to the spreads from Bleach,where they're just standing around.The Naruto spread is quite epic as well,but kinda crowded.Having lots of details is one thing,but using them correctly is another thing.However,I guess it's still the best among the rest.
Maybe we should let the choice to a jury made of our artist contest winners next time.
I support this.

Shinomori Aoshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I suppose the doublespread from HxH is emotional or something like that to the people who have read it (I am not one of them), but since this is a poll for the best artistic piece, thus the panel with the best art, the story behind the panel is irrelevant. The particular doublespread is far far far below the best artistically speaking, in my opinion, at most I'd call it average. It definitely doesn't get my vote and I am having a hard time understanding how it topped the nominees list. The other four are all OK, but I'm choosing the Naruto one.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I finally made my mind for this category. I choose not to vote :). According my own artistic perception, all candidates are just average at best

Status
Not open for further replies.