Best Chapter | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Chapter

Best Chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

So, we all have that chapter that we absolutely love and can't forget no matter what we do! That certain chapter is just so awesome, so epic, it needs to be mentioned! That amazing chapter alone can breathe new life into a dying series and can reveal a lot or introduce a lot! No matter what, we keep going back to that chapter and reading it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over! Well, you get the gist, so onwards we go!

The staff, which consists of moderators, global moderators, administrators, and senpai, voted for chapter 485 of One Piece! STAR, which is acronym for Manga Editor, translator, artist, and reviewer, voted and ended up with three-way tie between One Piece, chapters 398 and 485, and Slam Dunk's chapter 275! Please note that not everyone in the group voted for the same thing, but the majority of the people in the group voted for the same thing as individual. However, the one with the most overall vote is, One Piece's chapter 398! Congratulations, Chapter 398 of One Piece! Oh, the title of this chapter is called Declaration of War!

:confetti One Piece Chapter 398 :confetti

Last edited by a moderator:

darkerius

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Definetily - One Piece - Chapter 485 - Member of the Strawhat crew: Pirate Hunter Zoro

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
A no-brainer for me:

Luffy: "Sogeking, I want you to burn that flag"
Luffy: "Robin, I haven't heard you said it yet ... SAY THAT YOU WANNA LIVE"
Robin: "I WANNNNNAAAAAAAa LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Franky: "I really love you guys"
Luffy: "Here we come"

I don't how many times I read it, how many times I watched the anime scene ... This chapter got it all: Reckless Luffy, Courageous Usopp, Funny Franky & Emotional Robin.

This was the exact moment when I thought: "That's it. One piece is simply the best manga of all time. Nothing will ever beat this".

One piece chapter 398 for the win

Castriota

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
as much as i love the choice of one piece chapters there, fma has to take the cake on best chapter. just seeing everyone capable of fighting giving it all they have to try and take father down. then al sacrificing himself for ed is touching as well. and it all culminates with ed opening up a case of whoop ass.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Because it fits so nice after three different opinions:

Of course, I'm going with Slam Dunk. It's the climax of the most epic sport game in manga. So realistic, so captivating, so thrilling... the last forty seconds of that match had no dialogue at all or hardly any text for that matter. Inoue did what Ohba and Obata portayed in Bakuman through the character Niizuma Eiji: he created manga that lived and spoke through pictures alone. And he did it in perfection.

Even though I read all other titles I have to give this one to Slam Dunk, the eternal masterpiece of Sports manga.

MiFuHi0

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gah, another really hard one. I was grinning like an idiot during OP 485, I was cheering like an idiot during Bleach 421, and shouting like an insane person during FMA 107.

So I think I'll go with FMA for this one. It's a toughie, really.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
A no-brainer for me:

Luffy: "Sogeking, I want you to burn that flag"
Luffy: "Robin, I haven't heard you said it yet ... SAY THAT YOU WANNA LIVE"
Robin: "I WANNNNNAAAAAAAa LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Franky: "I really love you guys"
Luffy: "Here we come"

I don't how many times I read it, how many times I watched the anime scene ... This chapter got it all: Reckless Luffy, Courageous Usopp, Funny Franky & Emotional Robin.

This was the exact moment when I thought: "That's it. One piece is simply the best manga of all time. Nothing will ever beat this".

One piece chapter 398 for the win
To add to that, Chapter 398 truly made me love the manga and made me wet my pants when I saw what Luffy had Sogeking do and how Sogeking didn't hesitate, and when I saw Robin finally saying she wanted to live. So awesome, so awesome. :')

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
It was a really hard choice between FMA and OP...in the end I went with FMA, because it was the climax of the story and there were lots of great, great panels...

However I also agree with the people who've chosen OP...Rescue Robin arc was one of the best in the entire manga...and that chapter really had it all...

But this was one hell of a tough category...I didn't even nominate IIRC...how the hell can one nominate one chapter, when he doesn't even remember what mangas he read...

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Easily goes to FMA. 107 was filled with so much emotions and every single page was well written.
A good way to end a good series.

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
With the choices we have here i will choose One Piece chapter 485 cuz i really liked alot seeing Zoro giving is life for the sake of Luffy and also it was cool to see Sanji also appearing, it reforced a bit the competition between to 2 of them. also i loved the other chapter of One piece but i choose this chapter.

sad that no chapter of naruto .......

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I went with FMA. Easy choice though. Where is Trigun? Where is Desert Punk? Where is Gintama? Where is GTO? If these manga were in this tournament it would be much tougher but comparing FMA to average shounen (at best) makes it easy for me. Chapter 107 was intelligent, had witty dialogues (which for FMA is a standard) and in short was epic. It was humongous but at the same time there was nothing unnecessary there.

(...)
However I also agree with the people who've chosen OP...Rescue Robin arc was one of the best in the entire manga...and that chapter really had it all...
(...)
To me it was the opposite. This arc made me drop One Piece. It was so boring, prolonged and annoying (all the weeping, crying and saying the name "Robin" on every page) that I couldn't stand it any more. One Piece is IMO the most over-hyped manga there is. Average shounen at best which was a good adventure manga but it quickly became another fighting manga and now isn't worth reading (since the same thing goes on and on).

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Because it fits so nice after three different opinions:

Of course, I'm going with Slam Dunk. It's the climax of the most epic sport game in manga. So realistic, so captivating, so thrilling... the last forty seconds of that match had no dialogue at all or hardly any text for that matter. Inoue did what Ohba and Obata portayed in Bakuman through the character Niizuma Eiji: he created manga that lived and spoke through pictures alone. And he did it in perfection.

Even though I read all other titles I have to give this one to Slam Dunk, the eternal masterpiece of Sports manga.
Agreed. Inoue was an unrivaled genius in story-telling. Kishi seems to be close to Inoue's throne as best story-teller but he still has a long way to go. I do hope the FINAL battle (of Naruto) will have something like this, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up...... and oh, technically there was one line, though. So it's not dialogue-less.

Oh yeah, voted for Slam Dunk.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
To me it was the opposite. This arc made me drop One Piece. It was so boring, prolonged and annoying (all the weeping, crying and saying the name "Robin" on every page) that I couldn't stand it any more. One Piece is IMO the most over-hyped manga there is. Average shounen at best which was a good adventure manga but it quickly became another fighting manga and now isn't worth reading (since the same thing goes on and on).
I see...well the worst arc for me was the Sky Island arc...I agree some of the fights/conflicts are too prolonged...however I liked Robin from the start...she had an elite feel to her from the start and she still has it...an arc centered around her was a pleasure to read...

Naruffy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your entitled to your opinions, but I don't think being just an average shonen manga made it one of the best selling manga's of all time. Anyways, I voted for One Piece Ch. 398 because it kicked off the beginning of a great arc in epic fashion.

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Your entitled to your opinions, but I don't think being just an average shonen manga made it one of the best selling manga's of all time.
You've just used the cheapest argument there is, i.e. "billions of flies can't be wrong, let's eat sh*t." Because it's an average manga it sells very well. It appeals to a broad audience, super-powers, power-ups, levels of power (that are measured by how high the bounty is)...

As for Slam Dunk, that would be my second choice. I liked it very much although to me it's not the best sports manga there is. I prefer Hikaru no Go (which is one of my favorite manga of all time) or Adachi's titles and if I would like pure sports manga then I would choose Giant Killing.

Naruffy

Reaction score
Country
United States
You've just used the cheapest argument there is, i.e. "billions of flies can't be wrong, let's eat sh*t." Because it's an average manga it sells very well. It appeals to a broad audience, super-powers, power-ups, levels of power (that are measured by how high the bounty is)...
An average manga can't sell way above average; That's a contradiction, the fact that it sells more than the normal manga takes it above that level. I love One Piece, and think that it's storyline is amazing. IMO, it takes the average shonen manga and improves on it greatly, which is why it's selling as much as it is. Your last statement, about bounties being a measurement of power, shows that you don't know everything about One Piece. I think maybe if you gave it more of a chance (particularly with the most recent plot twists) you'd appreciate it more. Once again, your entitled to your opinion.

Bleach 421 was epic as well, that so was the final chapter of FMA. FMA's my second choice though because it was a great ending to such an amazing manga.

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
You've just used the cheapest reason there is.
The points that you've mentioned can and is basically everywhere in the Shounen Genre. Heck, the "top 3" are flooded with them.
There is more than that in One Piece. Unfortunately, you gave up on it so It's a shame that you didn't realize the real reason for One Piece being the highest selling manga in history.
There is a reason why it's so famous and takes the first place consecutively and I think it's something you've missed that we all managed to see.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I replied in the General MH Awards thread to this debate about what's best or what is quality. Let's continue it there

Last edited:

BleachOD

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bleach 421...I wet my panties every time I read that. Ichigo's badassery and final Getsuga man --Kubo I love you!!!

Finally Bleach is in a category and I can vote for it

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

So, we all have that chapter that we absolutely love and can't forget no matter what we do! That certain chapter is just so awesome, so epic, it needs to be mentioned! That amazing chapter alone can breathe new life into a dying series and can reveal a lot or introduce a lot! No matter what, we keep going back to that chapter and reading it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over! Well, you get the gist, so onwards we go!

The staff, which consists of moderators, global moderators, administrators, and senpai, voted for chapter 485 of One Piece! STAR, which is acronym for Manga Editor, translator, artist, and reviewer, voted and ended up with three-way tie between One Piece, chapters 398 and 485, and Slam Dunk's chapter 275! Please note that not everyone in the group voted for the same thing, but the majority of the people in the group voted for the same thing as individual. However, the one with the most overall vote is, One Piece's chapter 398! Congratulations, Chapter 398 of One Piece! Oh, the title of this chapter is called Declaration of War!

:confetti One Piece Chapter 398 :confetti

Last edited: