Best Color Page | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Color Page

Best Color Page

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, we all have that color page that we so love to see! Color pages aren't easy to draw or color, having to be exact and use good color. Not only does the artist have to draw pretty well, but he also has to color right without going too far outside the lines, while making the art look aesthetically pleasing! Without further ado, let's present the five nominations for the best color page! Oh, and no picture this time. We'll just link you to the chapter of the said color page, using MangaReader.

So hard to choose just one amongst the five amazing color page, but choose one you did! The winner is Chapter... 416 of Bleach! Congratulations to its artist for making an amazing color page! STAR (Manga Editor, translator, artist, and reviewer) had a tie between Naruto Chapter 503, Aria Chapter 34, and Bleach Chapter 416! Three-way tie! :wtf The staff (moderator, global moderator, administrator, and senpai) voted for Aria Chapter 34!

:bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Castriota

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
seeing all the developments of ichigo's character in one color, double page is really cool. it just shows how much he has had to grow as one of the main heroes in this manga. he had to go through some crazy stuff to help his friends and family. all to the near loss of his power.

Naruffy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was a hard choice but I voted for One Piece 598. After 4 weeks suffering from a severe lack of One Piece, seeing a color page like that was amazing, I can remember how exciting it was to see what the characters looked like after 2 years, and I don't think any other color page stirred up as much excitement in me. Naruto was a close second, because it was also great to see Naruto and his family together in a possible 'what if' situation.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's the only manga of these which I have never read, but I voted for Aria. I like the lights and reflection, it's a nice atmosphere and style. The characters look interesting, they seem so missplaced in it thematically, but not by style and look really cute they way they're acting :amuse

I don't really like these OP colour pages, I think there have been one or two better ones (even I liked that one of Luffy riding that tiger), these two here especially are barely more than character showcases.
That one of Naruto only lived of the fact that it's touching for a reader to see this lost option of a gathered family in my point of view, I'ld have liked to see better arts in a best colour page contest.
I preferred the Aria page about that of Bleach mainly because it's so much more colourful I guess.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Same as Roflkopt3r, I have never read Aria but it's IMO the best color page.
I expected more unknown mangas in this category. But I guess that color pages is not the main thing we remind from a manga.

I didn't nominate anything in the first round but if I did, It would have been this:
Probably the only color page I really remind from a manga ... I didn't expect a page like this from that mangaka (who did Great Teacher Onizuka)

Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I voted Naruto, but I really liked every color page...but the reason why I picked Naruto is Minato's facial expressions and Kushina's 9tailed hairstyle...not to mention the circumstances and the timing of that color page...

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
i also vote on naruto , altought i like the 2 time years skip color page of OP and also the 610 OP , naruto is just more than a picture, the more important about it isnt if it is well draw but the message that it sends to us. the all people that read naruto will get it , it is the life that naruto could have had if his parents havent died

so choosing best color page of mangas that never read that in my oppinion is a bit ......

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
My thoughts were exactly the same as Roflkopt3r before I read his posts. That the last 2 color pages for one piece have been chosen is quite a bit disapointed, it's as if people have no memories of the past. But I think I would have chosen Aria anyways it's really a beautiful color spread

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm gonna have to agree that Aria's, in terms of art, is insanely amazing. But I'm really torn about choosing one that striked a chord in me, or one that just "looks" great.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm gonna have to agree that Aria's, in terms of art, is insanely amazing. But I'm really torn about choosing one that striked a chord in me, or one that just "looks" great.
I think it's ok to focuss more on the arts in this category, after all most colour panels here (and overall) are not too closely related to the story line.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ah, but if you actually think about it now, Naruto's is the only one that is tied with the story. That's what makes it stand out from the rest. Thanks for helping make up my mind. I'm gonna vote for Naruto.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think it's the last page I'ld vote for, Kishimoto and arts aren't very compatible in comparison to many other manga artists - even though that style is much better than what he uses for ordinary chapters these days.

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The one manga which never failed to me amaze me with any of its colored page is Vagabond. Sad to see that nothing from it got through nomination process. Between the options here, i've chosen naruto. For all those who love naruto, it'll forever be a page to keep returning to. Its beautiful and its sad...its one dream even naruto can't make true.

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah that color page from Aria is from Chapter 34, forgot to point that out when it was nominated

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The reason I'm not voting for one piece is because Oda routinely does those kinds of pages, so they've ceased to mean much to me. Ichigo's progression is a neat enough premise that it's earned my vote.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The one manga which never failed to me amaze me with any of its colored page is Vagabond.
Oh that's right, and Vagabond has a lot of them. Awesome style also.
That one of the beginning of the Kyoto arc after Kojiro's introduction is epic too, where he attacks the Yoshioka brother.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

Well, we all have that color page that we so love to see! Color pages aren't easy to draw or color, having to be exact and use good color. Not only does the artist have to draw pretty well, but he also has to color right without going too far outside the lines, while making the art look aesthetically pleasing! Without further ado, let's present the five nominations for the best color page! Oh, and no picture this time. We'll just link you to the chapter of the said color page, using MangaReader.

So hard to choose just one amongst the five amazing color page, but choose one you did! The winner is Chapter... 416 of Bleach! Congratulations to its artist for making an amazing color page! STAR (Manga Editor, translator, artist, and reviewer) had a tie between Naruto Chapter 503, Aria Chapter 34, and Bleach Chapter 416! Three-way tie! :wtf The staff (moderator, global moderator, administrator, and senpai) voted for Aria Chapter 34!

:bye

Last edited: