Best Costume Design | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Costume Design

Best Costume Design

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The nominees
Bleach

D.Gray-Man

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Hitman Reborn

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Hello again, we arrived to another category that focuses on the art of the mangaka. This time it's about Costume Design. Many interesting nominees have taken part in this competition and this category is no exception.
However the winner stomped all other contestants, and it was proven by the staff, STAR and community picks that it is the best. The winner is:
Bleach

Kubo's art is the favourite of many people, and this time is not an exception either. But not just the regular designs were the ones, that made Bleach the winner here, but the fashionable styles that he gives to his characters on the manga's covers.

Thanks a lot for the votes and for the overall participation!

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I had my doubts between D.Gray-man and KHR. Bleach? Yeah, for some none related colour pages but every shinigami has very similar clothes. I voted for KHR because the Maffia suits in which the vongola family has been showed many times is a win. It is realistic, business like, something you see a lot.

Oh and Hibari's latest new costume design is epic win.

Castriota

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hitman reborn does have some of the best style i have seen compared to others. no outfit has been the same, other than the regular black suits of course. every character has been seen in different clothing as well.

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Bleach.

From just Ichigo alone, Bleach deserves my vote.

Ichigo has some (Soul Reaper, Hollow, and Zanpaku forms+outfits/costumes) of the most if not the most "Badass/Awesome" outfits/costumes, of all time!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Aside from separate colorspreads, Bleach IMO has pretty repetitive costumes. Mainly shinigami robes and school uniforms. The few others aren't anything too spectacular. I'm not saying Bleach has bad costume designing, some of the powerups look darn cool (yes, I count weaponry and masks as costume), but overall it's bland, with only a few standout designs.

D. Gray-man ha a bit more variance, but not that much. And I don't like the current style it is drawn is, which also affects my opinion on costumes.

Kuroshitsuji I haven't read, but based on the little I have seen is very Victorian and thus very marvelous, with a little twist every here and there.

I however voted Reborn. I like how the main characters all have very individual styles, which can be steel seen through even when they change clothes between arcs. Also the Vongola gears are just damn cool. Also as it is about mafia; suits. Suits always look good and classy, and I think Amano does a great job of making suits stand out, those don't all look the same. Well most do, but anyways.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I tend to agree with Ustegius about Bleach. Not counting the color pages and some of the chapter covers, there are a few characters in the actual manga with rather interesting outfits, but for the most part, most characters have a very uniform style of dress.

I voted for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. CLAMP has penchant for coming up with elaborate and creative outfits, and they did so in great measure in TRC where the main cast visited various worlds in the CLAMP universe, with each world having unique styles of dress and cultures.

It is the only manga of the choices available from which I would actually want to buy the clothes worn by some of the characters in real life and could realistically see on a real-life runway. Seriously, if CLAMP ever wanted to stop with manga business, I imagine that they could easily find a place in the fashion world. :mokona

BleachOD

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I don't know what you guys are looking at. Bleach get's my vote. Kubo is one bad mofo when it comes to character design. Give a take a few. Zomari's release was because he has a sense of humor. If a character resembles another character in looks or clothes, or weapons we usually find out they are connected to each other. He's so bad ass he uses outfits and weapons to foreshadow events.

Seriously Nurararihyon no Magno is the only thing that I have seen to date that comes close to Kubo's badassery. Bleach PWNS ALL

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm also voting Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, CLAMP is really good with their costume design. Characters usually have different outfits every other chapter or so and its always a different variety of clothes too. The amout of outfits and different styles that they can draw is amazing, nothing else can really come close

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The nominees
Bleach

D.Gray-Man

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Hitman Reborn

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Hello again, we arrived to another category that focuses on the art of the mangaka. This time it's about Costume Design. Many interesting nominees have taken part in this competition and this category is no exception.
However the winner stomped all other contestants, and it was proven by the staff, STAR and community picks that it is the best. The winner is:
Bleach

Kubo's art is the favourite of many people, and this time is not an exception either. But not just the regular designs were the ones, that made Bleach the winner here, but the fashionable styles that he gives to his characters on the manga's covers.

Thanks a lot for the votes and for the overall participation!