Best Couple/ Pairing | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Couple/ Pairing

Best Couple/ Pairing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey there! :vbunny The MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2010 was concluded just a few days ago. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which couple won the award of Best Couple, you ask? You know how at weddings there'll always be a video that shows the beginnings of the couple...? Let's do something like that too! :tem So looking back in time...

The nominees we had in this category were: Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist), Yoshina Ageha x Amamiya Sakurako (Psyren), Risa x Otani, (Lovely Complex), Rock and Revy (Black Lagoon), Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye from (Fullmetal Alchemist), Uzumaki Naruto x Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto), Gon x Killua (Hunter x Hunter), Sakura x Syaoran (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle), Himura Kenshin x Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin), Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile), Orihime x Ulquiorra (Bleach), Hachimiki x Tanabe (Planetes), Black Star x Tsubaki Nakatsuka (Soul Eater), Meiko x Taneda (Solanin), Ko x Aoba (Cross Game), Lum x Moroboshi Ataru (Urusei Yatsura), Toshi x Kasumi (Shoot!), Saiko x Azuki (Bakuman), Kraft Lawrence x Holo the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf), Haruto x Asuka (Kimi no Iru Machi), Haruka Tenoh and Michiru Kaio (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon), Nura Rikuo x Oikawa Tsurara from (Nurarihyon no Mago), Kei Kurono x Tae (Gantz), Haruka Toyama x Mamoru Hijikata (Until Death Do Us Part), Ichimaru Gin x Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach), Minato x Kushina (Naruto), Exa and Sheila (Superior), Munsu x Sando/Chun Hyang (Shin Angyo Onshi), Casca x Guts (Berserk) and Tokine x Yoshimori (Kekkaishi)!!! :D Nominations ended with Ed x Winry (FMA) in the lead with 9 nominations, followed closely by Ageha x Sakurako (Psyren) with 7 nominations.

Nevertheless, only the top 5 made it to the voting round, so joining Ed x Winry (Fullmetal Alchemist) and Ageha x Sakurako (Psyren) we had... Risa x Otani (Lovely Complex) (4 nominations), Rock x Revy (Black Lagoon) (3 nominations) and Roy x Riza (Fullmetal Alchemist) (3 nominations)! :nuts

First off, let's see what our STAFF voted! :3c The MangaHelpers Staff includes MangaHelpers, Global Moderators, Administrators and MH Senpai. The staff voted that the Best Couple is...

:confetti [sizept=20]ROY x RIZA!!![/sizept] :confetti

On the other hand, our STARs voted differently! Who're the STARs? :blink That's right, they're our very own Scanlators, Translators, Artists and Reviewers!!! :dance Interestingly, both our STARs and the general community (includes the STARs and STAFF) voted the same couple as their favorite! And so, the [sizept=15]BEST COUPLE[/sizept] goes to...!!!

:confetti [sizept=30]ED x WINRY!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to EDWARD and WINRY!! :clap It would also seem that Fullmetal Alchemist has the best couples all around, with Roy x Riza winning the Staff votes :3c Here's to Edward and Winry! :beer

"Equivalent Exchange. I'll give you half of my life, so give me half of yours!"
-Edward Elric

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think Ed and Winry had the best build up as a couple from these finalists...other pairings are good as well, though Rock and Revy is not that solid...however Roy and Liza had a brilliant buildup as well...some really tense/nice moments in their relationship throughout the story...however they didn't make it as a couple, so Ed and Winry take the crown for me...and that confession was great!

The best moment they had was when Winry was starting to get undressed and Ed was eating, without Winry knowing he was in the room...that was hilarious, but really foreshadowed the pairings future

Dark_King

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
i must say that most of these pairings were forgettable to me. Ive never read lovely complex, and black lagoon i just started. So that automatically narrows it down to Ageha ed and roy. Id have to give it to AgehaXSakurako simply because of her multiple personalities. Also i can some how relate to them more per say than ed and Winry because through the entire manga there was foreshadowing, but actually no substance. If it weren't for the epilogue we wouldn't know for sure that they were together(at least thats how i remember it) and Roy and Riza was not romantic imo. She cared about him and he her but the lack of romance made it forgettable as well. Unless im missing something out of those three i can only say that the psyren couple were romantic.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I didn't like how AgehaxSakurako was developed. It kinda felt like it came out of nowhere. Suddenly Ageha was all "oh yeah, Sakurako always used to ....." but in earlier chapters we did not see any of it. That's how I felt when I read Psyren at least.

As for the 2 FMA pairings, although EdxWinry is the "main" pairing in that it involves the main character, I like RoyxRiza a lot more because it's more than your usual fluffy romance. Okay, yes, they're not a romantic couple, they don't say "I love you", hold hands, kiss... But, therein lies the beauty of Royai, imo :tem The fact that they don't need these outer shows of affection to convey strongly to the reader that they like each other. Actions speak louder than words, after all. Their relationship is clearly one of devotion, trust, and they are willing to risk their lives for each other. Not only that, they have the common experience of Ishval, a common goal (so to speak) of Mustang becoming the Fuhrer, and Mustang completely trusts Riza with his back when he says to shoot him should he stray from his goal.

And I almost forgot to add, they flirt over the phone, unabashedly, albeit using code names :p

If you couldn't tell, they also happen to be one of my biggest OTPs in any series :XD

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Otani and Risa.
I just love watching them together, and the entire Lovely complex!

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hey there! :vbunny The MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2010 was concluded just a few days ago. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which couple won the award of Best Couple, you ask? You know how at weddings there'll always be a video that shows the beginnings of the couple...? Let's do something like that too! :tem So looking back in time...

The nominees we had in this category were: Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist), Yoshina Ageha x Amamiya Sakurako (Psyren), Risa x Otani, (Lovely Complex), Rock and Revy (Black Lagoon), Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye from (Fullmetal Alchemist), Uzumaki Naruto x Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto), Gon x Killua (Hunter x Hunter), Sakura x Syaoran (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle), Himura Kenshin x Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin), Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile), Orihime x Ulquiorra (Bleach), Hachimiki x Tanabe (Planetes), Black Star x Tsubaki Nakatsuka (Soul Eater), Meiko x Taneda (Solanin), Ko x Aoba (Cross Game), Lum x Moroboshi Ataru (Urusei Yatsura), Toshi x Kasumi (Shoot!), Saiko x Azuki (Bakuman), Kraft Lawrence x Holo the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf), Haruto x Asuka (Kimi no Iru Machi), Haruka Tenoh and Michiru Kaio (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon), Nura Rikuo x Oikawa Tsurara from (Nurarihyon no Mago), Kei Kurono x Tae (Gantz), Haruka Toyama x Mamoru Hijikata (Until Death Do Us Part), Ichimaru Gin x Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach), Minato x Kushina (Naruto), Exa and Sheila (Superior), Munsu x Sando/Chun Hyang (Shin Angyo Onshi), Casca x Guts (Berserk) and Tokine x Yoshimori (Kekkaishi)!!! :D Nominations ended with Ed x Winry (FMA) in the lead with 9 nominations, followed closely by Ageha x Sakurako (Psyren) with 7 nominations.

Nevertheless, only the top 5 made it to the voting round, so joining Ed x Winry (Fullmetal Alchemist) and Ageha x Sakurako (Psyren) we had... Risa x Otani (Lovely Complex) (4 nominations), Rock x Revy (Black Lagoon) (3 nominations) and Roy x Riza (Fullmetal Alchemist) (3 nominations)! :nuts

First off, let's see what our STAFF voted! :3c The MangaHelpers Staff includes MangaHelpers, Global Moderators, Administrators and MH Senpai. The staff voted that the Best Couple is...

:confetti [sizept=20]ROY x RIZA!!![/sizept] :confetti

On the other hand, our STARs voted differently! Who're the STARs? :blink That's right, they're our very own Scanlators, Translators, Artists and Reviewers!!! :dance Interestingly, both our STARs and the general community (includes the STARs and STAFF) voted the same couple as their favorite! And so, the [sizept=15]BEST COUPLE[/sizept] goes to...!!!

:confetti [sizept=30]ED x WINRY!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to EDWARD and WINRY!! :clap It would also seem that Fullmetal Alchemist has the best couples all around, with Roy x Riza winning the Staff votes :3c Here's to Edward and Winry! :beer

"Equivalent Exchange. I'll give you half of my life, so give me half of yours!"
-Edward Elric

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited: