Voting - Best Female Character | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Female Character

Best Female Character

• Ultear Milkovich

• Erza Scarlet

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Use this thread to vote for the Best Female Character in the series.

[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
[/TD]​
[TR][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Ultear Milkovich
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Erza Scarlet
[/TD][/TR]​

Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Erza 18
Ultear 14
Mirajane 12
Kagura 12
Irene 12
Lucy 9
Cana 6
Brandish 6
Meredy 5
Wendy 4
DiMaria 3
Minerva 3
Juvia 3
Levy 3
Ur 2
Lisanna 1
Sherria 1
Yukino 1
Miss Dragneel 1
Virgo 1
Edolas Cana 1
Mavis 1

Erza - 32 votes
Mirajane - 14 votes
Lucy - 21 votes

Ultear - 38 votes
Kagura - 5 votes
Irene - 17 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Ultear Milkovich.

I guess part of the reason why I voted for Ultear is because of how early on she was introduced in the series. We got to see her backstory where she abandoned her home and then we saw her develop from a villain to a heroine.

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Plus he made this big hype about Erza and Irene's eyes being special and then that got dropped for dragon seed.
THIS.

I was really hyped about this. It was probably the first time I was genuinely interested after a loooong time about anything that has something to do with Erza.

It would have been the perfect reason to explain the bs Erza vs Kyouka.

"Scarlet eyes are so special that it can bypass demon curses" or something along those lines.

Edit: or maybe Hiro just avoided another "oh another copied concept from another manga(Sharingan) just like Gildarts is to Shanks.

Raijin 雷神

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Voted for Erza.. because she is Erza :kappa

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Ultear by far.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Ultear here.

Great character development also shown by her.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ill say it again, like i have said it in my nominations and semifinals 2. Ultear is the best female character in FT.
But sadly Erza will lolstomp her like she does anyone in the manga. I cant believe Erza is in the finals, no scratch that, it is actually as expected.
I was a big fan of Erza until the ending of the the first part of GMG arc. Pandemonium was epic AF, but after she stopped Archenemy in the finals and started with her obnoxious BS, she plunged into the abyss for me. And sadly Hiro never got rid of the bs. I tried so hard to like her once again, but it just couldnt click, cuz i realized she became a really bad character.
No offence to Erza fans, this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
THIS.

I was really hyped about this. It was probably the first time I was genuinely interested after a loooong time about anything that has something to do with Erza.

It would have been the perfect reason to explain the bs Erza vs Kyouka.

"Scarlet eyes are so special that it can bypass demon curses" or something along those lines.

Edit: or maybe Hiro just avoided another "oh another copied concept from another manga(Sharingan) just like Gildarts is to Shanks.
I think sharingan stuff could be related DS magic and its aftereffects, both things have some cool modes and had a big role in major plot and villain in both the stories were also DS(acnologia) and sheringan sers( obito and madara).
As for erza's eyes it was one of the few things which was dropped in this series. People don't know what god serena other 4 lacrimas are.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think this is basically a vote toward....

Character development (Ultear) vs Character regression (Erza)
This. Erza started off great had an one of the best arcs of FT to date(TOH, funny thing is it was also indirectly way caused by ultear who manipulated jellal)which gave her character a good in depth, then heve a good share of moments in FT fight, OS arc and edolas arc. Then tenrou arc came and she started getting downwards.
Whereas with ultear it was always consistent whether her sadistic side or her caring side.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I love Erza, still today. But this is hard to disagree with what most people think of her. Her character was great for the first half of the stories, up until GMG (though even in GMG against Kagura and Minerva i didnt mind). Then Tartaros happened, and she gradually became more and more of a bullshit maker with no character progression anymore just like Natsu tbh
Ultear was never really in my favourite characters, but i started to like her more and more after she joined CS. And now, let's be real, compared to what Erza turned into, there's no contest. Ultear wins to me.

Xesfer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
The two (in my opinion) best girls of FT (Meredy and Mira on the podium too)
Both with a very sad past.
But Erza had friends to rely on and kept her heart strong.
Ultear had noone to share her sorrow with and felt to the darkness.
But I'm going with Ultear because she had the best development, the worst fate, and she deserves it.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Ill say it again, like i have said it in my nominations and semifinals 2. Ultear is the best female character in FT.
But sadly Erza will lolstomp her like she does anyone in the manga. I cant believe Erza is in the finals, no scratch that, it is actually as expected.
I was a big fan of Erza until the ending of the the first part of GMG arc. Pandemonium was epic AF, but after she stopped Archenemy in the finals and started with her obnoxious BS, she plunged into the abyss for me. And sadly Hiro never got rid of the bs. I tried so hard to like her once again, but it just couldnt click, cuz i realized she became a really bad character.
No offence to Erza fans, this is just my opinion.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The pandemonium actually got me emotional.. my vision blurred from watery eyes when Fairy Tail was recognized again by the masses! Erza used to be my favorite character next to Gray but she sadly plummeted after ToH. The moment with Kagura ruined her not just due to PoF, but the whole connection thing and her moral portrayal.

I always had a thing for Ultear and she'd grown on me in the time skip. Thank god she sacrificed herself because she would have been as badly treated as any other promising female character :-_-

Costanza

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ultear was one of my faves but I love me some erza. Was my favourite character outside of her battles in the entire manga and not even close for me.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Alright, I'll bite the bullet and give it to Erza this time:smile-big
I've said it once and I'll say it again:
Character fights=/=Character personality.
Just because Erza gets ridiculous fight results from time to time doesn't mean she's a horrible character:hmph

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Voting for Ultear.

Her backstory and character progression are amazing. She went from burning down villages and manipulating whoever she could, to saving the entirety of civilization at the cost of her own life.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Ultear is the better female character compared to Erza.

Her fights actually had significant reason behind it, unlike Erza who wanted to have every piece of the cake to "save" her friends. Ultear's personality is much better, having progressed from an abused child to a mature woman.

It was a shame that Ultear started out as a member of a dark guild, but she ended up sacrificing her youth to pay back her unfortunate past.

I think Ultear deserves the win for this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.