Best Fight | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Fight

Best Fight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Best Fight Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Fight Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Naruto - Naruto vs. Sasuke
2. Porco Rosso - Porco Rosso vs. that american guy
3. Gundam 00 - Lockon Stratos vs. Ali al Saachez
4. One Piece - Monkey D Luffy vs. Rob Lucci
5. End of Evangelion - Asuka vs. the EVA series (End of Evangelion)

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
im guessing the Gundam 00 option means the first Lockon Stratos in season 1 not 2 ?

both win imo but season 1 was far better because of the shock outcome and the death of lockon made me cry so bad :crying.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yes, to clarify, it does refer to the the fight between Neil "Lockon" Dylandy and Ali al Saachez and not Lyle ^^ At least, when I seconded the nomination I assumed as such...

Because I totally agree with you, Hytzen,
Neil's death at the end of it was so tragic. I was so relieved when he managed to survive the previous fight (damn Tieria had to be saved :darn) then when he went out on the battlefield Ali took advantage of the fact that he had only one eye...

I think the part when it really hit me that Lockon died was when Haro brought Dynames back to Ptolemy and the crew were all "oh phew, everyone's okay!" and then Haro was all "Lockon! Lockon! Lockon! Lockon!"... That was so sad :crying Very well animated fight and death and this scene with Haro after it was so emotional.

It was also very sad that Setsuna arrived just a little too late... I also really really liked the scene where Lockon looks down on the earth and reaches out his hand as he says "Hey, you guys, are you satisfied with the world as it is? Well, I'm not..." :scry

All in all, while Lyle vs Ali was also a good battle (I'd wager most of Gundam 00 battles were good), Neil vs Ali was better executed and had greater emotional impact. I also think more people liked Neil than Lyle (myself included) :p

Here is Lockon vs Ali.

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I haven't seen most of the fights nominated so i can't vote. But i am sorry to see that spike's last fight didn't make it. Nor did saito vs kenshin. I think these are the only 2 fights i'll see again and again whenever i get the chance.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The only one I've watched was the one piece's fight.
So I think it's better if I don't vote..
Maybe I'll search youtube videos and get back to this if I can decide.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Porco Rosso vs. Curtis (that american guy)

Utterly hilarious yet still so intense and epic. Incredibly loveable fight that proves no bloodshed is necessarily needed to memorable final confrontation. Starts with a dogfight (aerial combat between aircraft) and then evolves into a normal fight, with lots of gambling on the side.

Out of the options, definetly the most original and extremely well executed. Fits for almost all ages.

Cooper

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Anno is pure genius.
Asuka raping the angels, bathing in a sea of blood and screaming "Baka Shinji!" combined with classical music - this is epic! :)

Waking_Dreamer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I dont know if its allowed but I thought it would be helpful if I posted the

Its Brutal, Intense, Awesome and....Brutal.

If you were a sci-fi anime fan in the 90s it was pretty hard to miss. SPOILERS of course, but if you feel the need to valid your vote you can just check out the clip for the sake of this tourney at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I'd go with Luffy vs Rob Lucci.:)
It was really a great fight and the fight that showed actually Luffy's power to the world and was a great ending of one of the best arcs in One Piece (and I think that even it might be one of the best in all manga and anime).:)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
for me, the only ones I knew were the naruto and EVA one (i haven't watche evangeliun yet, but I did come across the battle clip as well hehe).

the EVA one is certainly brutal/cool :D

but, I decided to go with the naruto one, as it was pretty epic as well, seeing the traces of their powers, and I know naruto, whereas as I've said I hadn't watched evanglien yet

(forgive my horrendous spelling!)

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Don't get me wrong, i love evangelion. But i never actually liked that for fights.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I chose Naruto vs. Sasuke because there was pure fighting and emotion involved. The flashbacks were kinda a speedbump, but yeah. Two former "brothers" fighting, one to save, one to get power. It was awesome to watch, even the ending was good with the sun slowly disappearing. A great symbol!

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Fight Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Fight Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Naruto - Naruto vs. Sasuke
2. Porco Rosso - Porco Rosso vs. that american guy
3. Gundam 00 - Lockon Stratos vs. Ali al Saachez
4. One Piece - Monkey D Luffy vs. Rob Lucci
5. End of Evangelion - Asuka vs. the EVA series (End of Evangelion)

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]: