Best Full Cast | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Full Cast

Best Full Cast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Konnichiwa :amuse As you all know, the MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2010 was concluded just a few days ago. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which manga won the award of Best Full Cast, you ask? Well, let's first take a little trip down memory lane... :tem

The nominees we had in this category were: Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Eyeshield 21, Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Bleach, Ouran High School Host Club, Claymore, Kekkaishi, Fairy Tail, Dragonball, D.Gray-Man, Soul Eater, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!, Durarara!! and Arakawa under the Bridge!! We had a stunning 19 nominations for FMA and 12 nominations for One Piece, both of which left the rest of the nominees in the dust.

Nevertheless, only the top 5 made it to the voting round, so joining Fullmetal Alchemist and One Piece we had... Naruto (4 nominations), Eyeshield 21 (4 nominations) and Ouran High School Host Club (2 nominations)! :nuts

Before we get to the real deal, let me tell you what our STARs decided! :amuse STARs? What's that? :blink Ah, they are our Scanlators, Translators, Artists and Reviewers!!! Our STARs voted and they think that the manga with the Best Full Cast is...

:confetti [sizept=20]NARUTO!!![/sizept] :confetti

Alright, you say, so who actually won? :headscratch Ah, that shall come, after I announce what our STAFF decided! :3c The MangaHelpers Staff includes MangaHelpers, Global Moderators, Administrators and MH Senpai. The staff voted that the manga with the Best Full Cast is...

:confetti [sizept=20]FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!![/sizept] :confetti

Okay, I know you hate me now... So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community (by the way, this includes both the STARs and the STAFF) have cast your votes!! And the winner of the [sizept=15]BEST FULL CAST[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti [sizept=30]ONE PIECE!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to the entire cast of ONE PIECE!! :clap Whether you're a Strawhat, a clown with a red nose, a mermaid, or a ship with a sheep face, every one of you made the cast of One Piece the best.

"I’m the man who’s going to be the Pirate King!"
-Monkey D. Luffy

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
My vote goes for the initial nominee, which was FMA...I mean there's no doubt at least for me, because every single character played some kind of role in the end, or throughout the story...great use of characters, great character design and abilities...

I liked Havoc's comeback a lot, and his telephone convo with Mustang, so that's a great reintro of a character, and Roy's ability was overkill and cool

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Naruto.

Actually Naruto and FMA were/are 100% tied for me, but I could only vote for one, lol, so I decided to vote for Naruto.

They're quite equal really. both have a good number of characters who are extensively developed and more characters to a lesser developmental extent. Also, both have really unique characters as well.

It's really a total tie, I mean how can you decide between the humunculi and the certain humans in FMA and "head/major/leadership roled" characters in Naruto? I couldn't and I don't think anyone really could either.

So, I had to cheat a bit, and vote for Naruto, as it's a more epic ("larger" world/story) than FMA, and I think it has more characters too, who are all at least decently developed, along with the many that are extensively developed (like in FMA as well, but they don't have as many characters, again I don't think so anyways).

-----------------

I don't know One Piece well enough to consider it (even though it definately has a good cast), and the others, I don't know at all.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Naruto: Before 'part 2' , I would have given my vote to Naruto. But since the timeskip, most characters are obsolete. Naruto & Sasuke are just too powerful.

Eyeshield 21: I'm happy that the manga is in the final five ... but not happy enough to vote for it :D. IMO, it's easier to have a relevant cast in a sports manga where the sport is a team sport.

Ouran: I don't know the manga

FMA : ALL characters are important. So I expect FMA to win this poll but I won't vote for it (it's a close call though). Overall a extremely good cast but I just don't like some key characters (no special reasons but I don't like Alphonse that much for example).

One piece : Nine main characters, none will ever be obsolete & I love each of them. That's the main reason why I give my vote to one piece. But I have to admit that villains are not that good in one piece (not at FMA level anyway).

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Withouth any doubt i will choose Naruto. Almost all of them are awesome :)

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to give it to One Piece. FMA has similar, if not slighty superior, character quality, but One Piece's cast is ever growing and CONSTANTLY fresh. The awesome initial design and clever reuse of old characters keeps One Piece fresh. The sheer magnitude of characters is staggering, and the fact that they ALL are unique makes One Piece a triumph of character design.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My vote for this award category was between FMA and OHSHC. These two series have fantastic groups of characters; however, I’m voting for FMA because each one of the characters in this series contributed in his/her own way to FMA’s awesomeness. It kind of reminds me to the cast from LOTR, in the sense that it is because of the fantastic interactions between the characters and how well they work together that the story is the amazing story it is. Another reason why FMA gets my vote is because I liked how most, if not all, the characters in FMA were developed and had their time in the spotlight, it was nice to see how the main characters weren’t the only ones who received the attention.

Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
my vote go for one piece, like Zelllogan said 9 mains chars, all of them are well developed, with theirs own personality and own story.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I love One Piece and its characters, but there's a certain problem with large casts - you forget characters. Not just that the mangaka starts to neglect characters or not have them appear for xxx chapters, but even the reader starts to forget some characters ever existed. At the same time, I will qualify that Oda has done an excellent job of reviving old characters and making good use of them. For example, who would ever have thought that an old enemy like Buggy would actually return and play much bigger roles in the future? Likewise for Mr. 2 and numerous others from the Baroque Works arc? :p Nevertheless, spotlight was mostly on the main characters (the Strawhats).

On the other hand, I feel that the cast size in Fullmetal Alchemist is just right - not too big, not too small, everyone plays a role, you never forget characters. The character designs are far from similar - unless you are talking about their costumes, but that's a little unfair a claim to level against Arakawa, considering they are mostly members of the military and what would a country do if all its military came to work with bizarre outfits? :XD Yet, Arakawa managed to create many unique characters with memorable traits, memorable personalities... And like I said, they all played a part, and this is especially towards the end of the manga leading up to and on the promised day :) Every character got their chance to shine - the focus was on everyone and not just the central characters.

I guess it is obvious then that my vote went to Fullmetal Alchemist :amuse

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Fullmetal Alchemist has better full cast. Almost everyone, if not everyone, had a part in the story even in the end. They were all useful and not there just for the lulz. One Piece has some characters that haven't appeared for a while/were fodders.

Half-assed post, but I was told to post something in here under pretense of losing my life.